Who was your best teacher in school?

Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Central High School, Burnt Hills, NY.

Ms. Karen Ferris-Fernside, if i am spelling it properly. She taught history and was one of the many reasons that i got involved with writing. She actually convinced a kid like myself, a drop out on his last few days in school to write an essay for a local essay writing contest which i finished third. Hands down the best teacher i had in high school.

Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, NY.

Richard Carmen. History. Guy has a knack for involving clever antics into his teachings that make his classes enjoyable. He's pushin 70, but you can tell the guy loves what he does, and he is the guy who pointed me in the direction i am in now.

Many more at HVCC, but Carmen is by far the best there.

I had a lot of good teachers, but here's a few of the really good ones:

Mrs. Greenman for high school English (I had her in 10th grade, but she did editing on some of my short stories even though she wasn't my teahter in 11th and 12th).

Mrs. Spears, 1st grade teacher. Surprisingly, she even remembered me when I was in highschool and recommended me for a scholarship. Pretty cool when your first grade teacher remembers you 10+ years later (in a positive way! :beer: )

I had some other good ones as well, just can't remember their names offhand...

Miss Jablonski, 3rd grade, Gardenville. One of my first loves ever :nana:

My sophmore year in HS in Spanish class my teacher- Miss Verneris was on my sh--. !@#$- I didnt know you could bang teachers back then. I was born a generation late :beer:

There was a guy named Mr. Aiken who was not my favorite teacher, but his first name was Jim so I always had a pretty good time calling him "Jamaican, mon!"

852299[/snapback]

Kenmore West?

There was a Jim Aiken there. I never had him, but my sisters did. I think his trademark were his "Planet of the Apes" like vests...had kind of arched eyebrows...

Jr. HS...Mr. Coppock 8th grade English...was tough as nails and caused us to learn.

Mr. Saturn 8th grade math...taught us calculus and pushed us to 'strive'

Miss Koch...every 7th grader boy's fantasy.... wowsers..

HS...'Doc' Yots.. chemistry teacher at L-P..It was his first year teaching and he was great.

College..Dr. Gilde Organic chemistry professor and my advisor.. We still correspond 30 years after graduation.

College..Dr. Foshee..religion professor and huge hockey fan.

Mr.. Eugene Kolis 10th Grade Biology @ Williamsville East. The guy was an unrelenting taskmaster but a great teacher.

Also, Alan Veeh @ McClintock High School in Tempe, AZ. Great government teacher. He really tried hard to straighten me out.

BTW, if some of these people you are mentioning are still teaching, you should try to send them a note thanking you. As a high school teacher, the best reward of my job is when former students come back and visit you to let you know you made a difference in their life. While I am well compensated for my job, knowing that you impacted a life in a positive way beats any paycheck!

Can't remeber the teachers name, but in college had an accounting prof who was so good, I never needed to do the homework. However, she couldn't believe a student could get A's on the exams without doing homework, so she thought I was cheating. After having me sit right next to her for two exams and still getting A's, she figured it out. She was just an awesome classroom teacher.

High School Anthony Quinn AP Biology. Let me and my buddy keep beers in the fridge where we kept the dead cats we disecting. Also let us use a dead cat as a prop in a swimmeet agaisn't NF High School(the power cats). Boy, did my coach and Mr. Q as we called take some sh-- for letting us have a dead cat on our bench in full view of everybody in the pool!