Playoffs!

Berman

After reading a few posts this morning its apparent we all are looking through our Bills rose colored glasses. However, look at the remainder of the schedule with the 2004 season fresh in our memories. If we can get a win this weekend against San Diego (probably the best team in the NFL).... I see no reason why we couldn't string the next three wins together...

Jets - in NY but we match up well and dominated them earlier in the year

Miami - in Buffalo - enough said

Tenn - in Buffalo - rookie QB from TX - enough said

This leaves the away game in Baltimore as our 2006 version of the Pittsburgh game. They will have likely clinched everything with very little to play for. There is absolutely no reason not to be optimistic folks... this is why we spend countless hours following our team. Its November 27th and we still have a shot at the PLAYOFFS.... you just got to BILLIEVE!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, stop talking playoffs. We aren't there yet....I know 2 wins in a row is exciting, but I still think 8-8 would be a successful season for us. If we win a few more in a row, then you can talk about playoffs.

Come on, stop talking playoffs.  We aren't there yet....I know 2 wins in a row is exciting, but I still think 8-8 would be a successful season for us.  If we win a few more in a row, then you can talk about playoffs.

849716[/snapback]

Thank You.

Vince decided to let Eli go when he had a sack, and later picked Eli off?  Really?

849671[/snapback]

No, but Vince had 3 TDs and 318 total yards against a pretty decent Giant defense.

Oh come on, now. The Giants collapsed in that game, utterly collapsed.

849687[/snapback]

So?

Both of your posts are completely irrelevant to my point anyhow - that no-name rookie QB from Texas is capable of beating decent football teams. Just because its a rookie back there doesn't mean that he is automatically going to suck.

Apparently lots of people have decided to forget this and overlook football games because of it.

Decent is about the right word for it... ranked 14th in overall Defense.

And really the Giants/Manning, gave that game away. From INT's, to poor tackling (letting Young go), etc., etc.

I think the point was: Vince Young, Rookie - from Texas, not used to playing in a (hopefully) brutally cold atmosphere.

Both of your posts are completely irrelevant to my point anyhow - that no-name rookie QB from Texas is capable of beating decent football teams.  Just because its a rookie back there doesn't mean that he is automatically going to suck.

849730[/snapback]

Yeah who the hell is that Vince Young guy anyways. I hadn't ever heard of him until yesterday...

Like I said .... IF.... we beat SD then we have a chance. Its exciting to think about the possibilty after winning 3 of 4. But if you would rather debate benching Losman in favor of Nall or how to use our top five first round draft pick then wallow in your half empty misery.

Go Bills.

There is absolutely no reason not to be optimistic folks... this is why we spend countless hours following our team. Its November 27th and we still have a shot at the PLAYOFFS.... you just got to BILLIEVE!!

As Paul McCartney once sang... "There's a fine line between recklessness and courage"...

Somewhere in there there's a message to ponder.

After reading a few posts this morning its apparent we all are looking through our Bills rose colored glasses. However, look at the remainder of the schedule with the 2004 season fresh in our memories. If we can get a win this weekend against San Diego (probably the best team in the NFL).... I see no reason why we couldn't string the next three wins together...

Jets - in NY but we match up well and dominated them earlier in the year

Miami  - in Buffalo - enough said

Tenn  - in Buffalo - rookie QB from TX - enough said

This leaves the away game in Baltimore as our 2006 version of the Pittsburgh game. They will have likely clinched everything with very little to play for. There is absolutely no reason not to be optimistic folks... this is why we spend countless hours following our team. Its November 27th and we still have a shot at the PLAYOFFS.... you just got to BILLIEVE!!

849663[/snapback]

if you are thinking playoffs...you should be thinking this:

jax...NET YARDS RUSHING 207

Rushes ...35

Average Per Rush ...5.9

buf...NET YARDS RUSHING 72

Rushes ...23

Average Per Rush...3.1

our rush defense is APPALLING :doh:

it is a possibility, but I think we would have to win out to get into the playoffs. Beating San Diego? Wow...that would be a win for the ages. And then its a matter of playing to potential. Remember the hated dolphins have the same record we do (and did beat the Bears) so I wouldn't say they were a gimme, and the jets have every incentive to go for the playoffs that we do. All that being said, its still something that at least theoretically could happen. Go Bills!

if you are thinking playoffs...you should be thinking this:

jax...NET YARDS RUSHING 207

Rushes ...35

Average Per Rush ...5.9

buf...NET YARDS RUSHING 72 

Rushes ...23 

Average Per Rush...3.1 

our rush defense is APPALLING :doh:

849794[/snapback]

Hence my concern this week with perhaps the league's best runner coming to town. If we make average backs look great: what will LT look like after this game? I can only hope that Jauron et al. have some serious mojo to pull out of their collective rears to do what they haven't done all season against the one guy that does it as well as anyone all season. Maybe 10 in the box and 1 guy playing back on the goal line?

Hence my concern this week with perhaps the league's best runner coming to town.  If we make average backs look great: what will LT look like after this game?  I can only hope that Jauron et al. have some serious mojo to pull out of their collective rears to do what they haven't done all season against the one guy that does it as well as anyone all season.  Maybe 10 in the box and 1 guy playing back on the goal line?

849804[/snapback]

I like the momentum and attitude I'm seeing from the Bills but there are absolutely no gimmes until the end of the season. Sure San Diego is tough. But all the other teams are gonna bring their A game as well. The Jets & Dolphins also want to make the postseason - Miami probably will fall short but Harrington is playing smart and their D is back on track. The Jets are at *home*, they always kick our ass when it counts...Belichick Lite is also coaching them...

The Titans are now playing with a lot of confidence, VY is just unpredictable and you don't think Travis is gonna be extra motivated?

Then there's Baltimore :doh:

Unless our D can stop the other teams run game, I think we're screwed...We just have to be close to perfect in all 3 phases in order to have a chance in these games. I think if we beat SD and the Jets I like our chances a lot better. We're not even a .500 team just yet, that might cut it in the NFC but esp. in the AFC East, our guys are gonna have to stay focussed...

C