Playoffs!

Berman

No, but Vince had 3 TDs and 318 total yards against a pretty decent Giant defense.

849730[/snapback]

My guess, and it's just a guess here, is that guys like Keith Bulluck would likely smack you as hard for making that statement as Michael Huff would for saying that Vince "beat" USC last year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said .... IF.... we beat SD then we have a chance. Its exciting to think about the possibilty after winning 3 of 4. But if you would rather debate benching Losman in favor of Nall or how to use our top five first round draft pick then wallow in your half empty misery.

Go Bills.

849752[/snapback]

Well said!

I am with you. I already started looking at all the wild card hopefuls' schedules and I really like our chances. KC has 3 games it can easily lose. Same with the Broncos and Bengals. We play the Jets and Fins, so we can help ourselves and hurt them at the same time. I think what we have to root for is a Indy collapse so that the Ravens can wrap up homefield after week 16.

After reading a few posts this morning its apparent we all are looking through our Bills rose colored glasses. However, look at the remainder of the schedule with the 2004 season fresh in our memories. If we can get a win this weekend against San Diego (probably the best team in the NFL).... I see no reason why we couldn't string the next three wins together...

Jets - in NY but we match up well and dominated them earlier in the year

Miami  - in Buffalo - enough said

Tenn  - in Buffalo - rookie QB from TX - enough said

This leaves the away game in Baltimore as our 2006 version of the Pittsburgh game. They will have likely clinched everything with very little to play for. There is absolutely no reason not to be optimistic folks... this is why we spend countless hours following our team. Its November 27th and we still have a shot at the PLAYOFFS.... you just got to BILLIEVE!!

849663[/snapback]

saying the Bills dominated the Jets is a bit of a stretch, they dominated the first half and were still losing and they were outplayed in the second half

you apparently dont watch much football if you think Tenn with Young is an easy win

you should try watching a little more then just Bills games

My guess, and it's just a guess here, is that guys like Keith Bulluck would likely smack you as hard for making that statement as Michael Huff would for saying that Vince "beat" USC last year.

849837[/snapback]

Rich, I'm not trying to discount the whole team's effort (and the Giants' whole collapse). Tennessee's defense has been playing a helluva lot better football then I expected them to be doing.

The OP seemingly gave the Bills a win versus Tennessee because they are starting some rookie QB from Texas, as if he isn't capable of beating NFL teams. Thats the point that I was responding to, and why I responded in the way I did.

In no way did Vince Young by himself beat the Giants. My point is that he had a damn good football game and doesn't just automatically equal a loss.

saying the Bills dominated the Jets is a bit of a stretch, they dominated the first half and were still losing and they were outplayed in the second half

you apparently dont watch much football if you think Tenn with Young is an easy win

you should try watching a little more then just Bills games

849851[/snapback]

Statistically the Bills did dominate the Jets, and I didn't say the Tenn game would be easy but we should win and will be favorites. If at this point you don't feel good about the Bills beating the Titans at home with playoff ramifications then you should stop watching the Bills game and cheer for another team. But since you watch so much football there will be plenty of other choices.

Statistically the Bills did dominate the Jets, and I didn't say the Tenn game would be easy but we should win and will be favorites. If at this point you don't feel good about the Bills beating the Titans at home with playoff ramifications then you should stop watching the Bills game and cheer for another team. But since you watch so much football there will be plenty of other choices.

849931[/snapback]

The Titans, as a whole team, are playing pretty darn good football right now. To say that you feel "good" about the Bills beating the Titans is simply not giving the Titans as much credit as they deserve.

I feel good that the Bills beat the Jaguars last week. I do not feel that any win left on the schedule is an easy win for the Bills, just as I don't think any are an automatic loss either.

I feel good about the San Diego game!!!

I remember screaming at the TV during the colts game saying ,"Jauron let JP PASS!!!"

....any way, I realized after the game that Jauron made the perfect game plan, and gave us a chance to beat the feared Colts(damn Lindell can't even hit a 42 yard field goal in a dome :doh: )! So...the mastermind will be at it again undoubtedly making a gameplan to give us a chance to defeat the feared chargers!

....and how we've been playin clutch lately, I like our chances!

plus it'll be howling wind and snow(hopefully)! LT don't like the cold! :D

wow 2 pirates in the same post...new record me thinks?

Back to my original post. Please join me in being optimistic enough to say that "IF" the Bills manage to beat SD this weekend they have a legitimate, realistic, enough to get excited about, chance of making the PLAYOFFS!

It feels good to say it, especially considering where this team was a month ago. I'm sincerely sorry if you can't agree because this shows lack of respect to the Titans and Vince Young.... GO BILLS.

849931[/snapback]

The Jets will not be an easy win........they have been playing pretty good ball the last couple of weeks........I dont believe any of the games are give me's.

vs San Diego - L

at NY Jets - L

vs Miami - W

vs Tennessee - W

@ Baltimore - L

There you have it;  7-9

Not terrible given the circumstances.

849924[/snapback]

Thats great but at this point the predicting is getting really pointless. Look at just this past month: miami beating chicago? tennessee beating ny? The BILLS almost beating Indy in Indy? Chances are the Bills aren't going to win out, but i wouldn't rule out any of these games as hopeless for the Bills, who are playing quite well right now.

Thats great but at this point the predicting is getting really pointless.  Look at just this past month: miami beating chicago? tennessee beating ny? The BILLS almost beating Indy in Indy?  Chances are the Bills aren't going to win out, but i wouldn't rule out any of these games as hopeless for the Bills, who are playing quite well right now.

850000[/snapback]

I think all this speculation is meaningless.

Focus on 6-6 rather than 10-6.

Beat San Diego and THEN start having this conversation (depending on what the Jets/Chiefs/Broncos/Jags and Dolphins do.

After reading a few posts this morning its apparent we all are looking through our Bills rose colored glasses. However, look at the remainder of the schedule with the 2004 season fresh in our memories. If we can get a win this weekend against San Diego (probably the best team in the NFL).... I see no reason why we couldn't string the next three wins together...

Jets - in NY but we match up well and dominated them earlier in the year

Miami  - in Buffalo - enough said

Tenn  - in Buffalo - rookie QB from TX - enough said

This leaves the away game in Baltimore as our 2006 version of the Pittsburgh game. They will have likely clinched everything with very little to play for. There is absolutely no reason not to be optimistic folks... this is why we spend countless hours following our team. Its November 27th and we still have a shot at the PLAYOFFS.... you just got to BILLIEVE!!

849663[/snapback]

Mangini and that coaching staff are far superior to Jauron and crew. The Jets have been progressing every week and yes I know the Bills have somewhat improved. They beat the Patsies at home. There is a reason that Jauron has been out of coaching for a while. I do think he is better than Mularkey and Greg Williams. I just don't like our cover 2 D. Mangini knows exactly how to beat it from his years with the Pats.

Mangini and that coaching staff are far superior to Jauron and crew.  The Jets have been progressing every week and yes I know the Bills have somewhat improved.  They beat the Patsies at home.  There is a reason that Jauron has been out of coaching for a while.  I do think he is better than Mularkey and Greg Williams.  I just don't like our cover 2 D.  Mangini knows exactly how to beat it from his years with the Pats.

850060[/snapback]

I got a prediction ferya! Mangini craps his pants when he sees how big the confidence wave is, the Bills are gonna be riding into NY :doh:

That rookie QB from TX that just kicked the Giants' ass yesterday?

Yeah, enough said. :D

849667[/snapback]

I would say that the Giants gave that game away more than VY "kicked their asses" VY played well but Eli sucks and the G-men are really really injured on defense. But props to VY and the flaming thumbtacks as even with the Giants giving the game to them they still needed to execute in order to win, but PacMan Jones was a much bigger contributor than VY.

No, but Vince had 3 TDs and 318 total yards against a pretty decent Giant defense.

So?

Both of your posts are completely irrelevant to my point anyhow - that no-name rookie QB from Texas is capable of beating decent football teams.  Just because its a rookie back there doesn't mean that he is automatically going to suck.

Apparently lots of people have decided to forget this and overlook football games because of it.

849730[/snapback]

Decent? No try decimated by injury but its all semantics.

Give Losman and Fairchild a few more weeks to gell and we will have an offensive gameplan that will have Mangini on his heels. I will give the Jets credit they too seem to be improving every game and you need to caulk that up to good coaching. We usually play the Jets very close in NY and hopefully we will have momentum on our side after beating SD.

Come on ----- you gotta Billieve.