Dear Officiating Crews...

IDBillzFan

Please make an effort to be consistent in terms of celebrations.

If you're going to flag a NY Giant for a ridiculous jump shot move after a big play, and if you're going to flag Terrell Owens for taking a nap on a football in the endzone, and you're going to flag Parrish for jumping into the stands after a punt return for a touchdown, then please do so for everyone at all times or just don't do it at all.

You missed the Eagles receiver who did a layup with the football over the goalpost, and you were staring right at him. You missed the Charger who imitated the Giants jumpshot, even though he was in the endzone and directly in front of you.

When you pick and choose when and where you can apply penalties, you are in a situation to intentionally alter the outcome of games, and that is not why you exist.

Please. Be consistent or knock it the !@#$ off.

Please make an effort to be consistent in terms of celebrations.

If you're going to flag a NY Giant for a ridiculous jump shot move after a big play, and if you're going to flag Terrell Owens for taking a nap on a football in the endzone, and you're going to flag Parrish for jumping into the stands after a punt return for a touchdown...

849451[/snapback]

Seriously... do they ever throw a flag for the Lambeau leap? What was up with that? All told I can't complain much about the refs yesterday but that one threw me for a loop.

Roscoe was not flagged - it was the second guy that jumped up in the stands

849538[/snapback]

Leaonard jump on roscoes back when he was sliding down the wall. Never really made it to the stands, but the ref called two guys in the stands, and i guess that is a penalty.

No Fun League at its finest

Just wait til they start awarding the home team a penalty for the crowd cheering to loudly and ask that the crowd only provide quiet "Golf Clapping" at games

849578[/snapback]

We gave the refs a rousing standing ovation of :!@#$ yous. :lol:

Just wait til they start awarding the home team a penalty for the crowd cheering to loudly and ask that the crowd only provide quiet "Golf Clapping" at games

849578[/snapback]

they already tried if i recall correctly. Think I can still remember QBs standing there saying it was too loud to hear the snap count, and the ref coming on the mike threatening to take a TO away from the home team if they didn't quit down. Am I going nuts there?

849578[/snapback]

And it is amazing how this league cannot crack down on those Dome teams from pumping music/noise into the stadium. The NFL picks and choses what it wants to

do.

That definetly use to be the case. I think they may have given up on that one though as I haven't seen that happen in a long time.

they already tried if i recall correctly. Think I can still remember QBs standing there saying it was too loud to hear the snap count, and the ref coming on the mike threatening to take a TO away from the home team if they didn't quit down. Am I going nuts there?

849583[/snapback]

849578[/snapback]

Maybe they would a allow a quiet "pip pip, cheerio"

The inconsistency w/ roughing the passer is maddening also. 

Tripplett didn't get flagged for leading w/ his helmet but Kelsay gets flagged for a love-tap to the chest.

850171[/snapback]

And a Texan got flagged for "helmet to helmet" contact for hitting Losman in the shoulder.

NFL officiating is pretty much a joke all around.

THe flag was thrown because Leonhard jumped in, apparantly when one person jumps into the crowd it's perfectly fine, but as soon as a second person does it's completely illegal. All I could do was laugh when I heard this being called. and 15 yards too, that one really hurts.

NFL = No Fun League

The inconsistency w/ roughing the passer is maddening also. 

Tripplett didn't get flagged for leading w/ his helmet but Kelsay gets flagged for a love-tap to the chest.

850171[/snapback]

They really need to figure that out........In NY you have one in a bear hug should have been in the grasp...........so last night in seattle you have a rookie take Hasselback down to the ground he gets roughing the passer because his hand "Touched" the QB helmet, but the rest of the arm was clearly across the numbers :censored:

I think the QB should have flags if they are not going to let them play football

They really need to figure that out........In NY you have one in a bear hug should have been in the grasp...........so last night in seattle you have a rookie take Hasselback down to the ground he gets roughing the passer because his hand "Touched" the QB helmet, but the rest of the arm was clearly across the numbers :censored:

I think the QB should have flags if they are not going to let them play football

850640[/snapback]

And all of these reasons contributed to Mathias Kiwanuka not bringing down Vince Young because he was afraif of a ticky-tack roughing call (my words, not his).

Last night's phantom roughing the QB call made it blatantly clear that the refs are just way off as far as what should be roughing.