Chargers

grog

Eh, this has letdown game written all over it.  Right now we should be rooting hard for the Chargers to win to avoid a pissed off team next week.

848711[/snapback]

Let them be a pissed as they want to be. They will get a dose of winter next weekend. They can blame that.

I know it is still early, but whatever the Raiders are doing, pls copy it.

7 pts halfway into the 3rd????

848710[/snapback]

From what I saw earlier in the game, the Raider's DL was mauling the Charger's OL. Rivers has had no chance to do anything.

Boy the Chargers just dodged a big bullet.

On a 4th & 2 play, Rivers completed a short pass to Vincent Jackson, Jackson dives for the pass and catxhes it.

Thinking that he was down, Jackson gets up and spins the ball in celebration. However Jackson was not touched on the play so he unknowingly fumbled the ball and the Raiders recovered the ball.

The officials gather to discuss the results of the play. They call a penalty on Jackson for attempting an Illegal Forward Pass. A 5 yard penalty from the spot & Chargers keep the ball.

Apparently that is the right call,but I wonder how often that officials will call it that way. Because jackson was not passing that ball to anyone.

Boy the Chargers just dodged a big bullet.

On a 4th & 2 play, Rivers completed a short pass to Vincent Jackson, Jackson dives for the pass and catxhes it.

Thinking that he was down, Jackson gets up and spins the ball in celebration. However Jackson was not touched on the play so he unknowingly fumbled the ball and the Raiders recovered the ball.

The officials gather to discuss the results of the play. They call a penalty on Jackson for attempting an Illegal Forward Pass. A 5 yard penalty from the spot & Chargers keep the ball.

Apparently that is the right call,but I wonder how often that officials will call it that way. Because jackson was not passing that ball to anyone.

848742[/snapback]

Should have definitely been ruled a fumble, because as you pointed out - no way he was passing that ball.

Hey on a side note, maybe the Chargers are looking so bad, because they were looking past the Raiders and thinking about the Bills.