Phill Simms thoughts on the bills

I hate predictions, and I try not to make a lot of them. But I will leave you with one more thought -- and I feel pretty good about this one:

I saw the Buffalo Bills play this week. Yes, they are 0-3, with a new coach and a quarterback who is getting an unbelievable amount of pressure. But when I look at this team objectively, I see very few glaring weaknesses and a lot of strengths -- playmakers on defense and some great playmakers on offense. Eric Moulds is back. The Pro Bowl receiver looks big, fast, dynamic and angry. He's got it all going for him. Drew Bledsoe needs to eliminate some mistakes, like any quarterback does, but he looks good. They have a good situation at running back.

I think the Bills will get back into the hunt. You can see what they're trying to do and the plan looks good. As they settle in and get used to the new coach and the new system on offense, I would not be surprised to see them really start clicking and get things together.

Just file that away until maybe Week 10. We'll revisit at that time and see how it looks. No guarantees, of course!

I was very surprised by Simms commentary last Sunday.  He went out of his way to be complementary towards the Bills. 

He sees a light at the end of the tunnel, I just hope it isn't the train.

61348[/snapback]

Well I think Phil is correct about the defence. They really are fast and have enough capable people to be championship caliber. I just wish the offence could help them out just a little. If they can somehow put together a decent line I think it will minimize alot of Drews weaknesses. I guess if you look at it that way we are not that far away.

Strange. I happen to agree with him.

I hate predictions, and I try not to make a lot of them. But I will leave you with one more thought -- and I feel pretty good about this one:

I saw the Buffalo Bills play this week. Yes, they are 0-3, with a new coach and a quarterback who is getting an unbelievable amount of pressure. But when I look at this team objectively, I see very few glaring weaknesses and a lot of strengths -- playmakers on defense and some great playmakers on offense. Eric Moulds is back. The Pro Bowl receiver looks big, fast, dynamic and angry. He's got it all going for him. Drew Bledsoe needs to eliminate some mistakes, like any quarterback does, but he looks good. They have a good situation at running back.

I think the Bills will get back into the hunt. You can see what they're trying to do and the plan looks good. As they settle in and get used to the new coach and the new system on offense, I would not be surprised to see them really start clicking and get things together.

Just file that away until maybe Week 10. We'll revisit at that time and see how it looks. No guarantees, of course!

61250[/snapback]

My concern is that the Bills will be playing great weeks 10-16 and win their last 5-6 games in a row.  The problem would be they'll have only won two games before that.

61384[/snapback]

Yeah, but at least JP will have 5-6 games under his belt. :lol:

;)

The Bills seem like they've been stuck in idle for the past few years.

In 2002 it looked like they turned the corner, but ended up regressing.

Mularkey needs to prove that he can guide the team over the next hurdle.

That's the story of this season.

61250[/snapback]

MAN I was just getting ready to say :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: phil! and you had to go and ruin it for me