Notre Dame

bartshan-83

Convince me why I shouldn't sell my truck, girlfriend, cat and a few organs and lay serious dime on this game?

8.5 seems like an early Christmas gift....and what is more surprising is it has moved from 7.5

ND Nation must not be that confident. A few million subway fans and rich alumni usually have a way of moving the lines in our a favor.

I'd rather take the odds and bet ND straight up. They have a decent chance to win.

However, if they don't, it will likely be because they can't contain the WRs and if that happens USC could score alot -- like last year. That puts a lot of pressure on Quinn to match them score for score. He did it last year (almost), but it'll be tougher on the road.

I'd rather take the odds and bet ND straight up.  They have a decent chance to win.

However, if they don't, it will likely be because they can't contain the WRs and if that happens USC could score alot -- like last year.  That puts a lot of pressure on Quinn to match them score for score.  He did it last year (almost), but it'll be tougher on the road.

847335[/snapback]

Yeah I feel the same way. I was thinking of putting a smaller bet on ND straight up...pays off +270 right now and then a larger on the spread. We will see...

ND Nation must not be that confident.  A few million subway fans and rich alumni usually have a way of moving the lines in our a favor.

847238[/snapback]

Interesting line. America's team against the Las Vegas home side should cancel out (in the brick and mortar world). The USC love should scare you, but good luck anyways.

ND apparantly decided not to play defense this week

847588[/snapback]

I'd change "week" to "season". For the most part the Irish have been exposed all year against decent competition. Simply not athletic nor disciplined enough to play good defense. Way too many blown assignments and missed tackles.

I had a feeling this was going to be Michigan part 2.

I'd change "week" to "season".  For the most part the Irish have been exposed all year against decent competition.  Simply not athletic nor disciplined enough to play good defense.  Way too many blown assignments and missed tackles.

847630[/snapback]

That's what I was expecting as well. There is not the depth nor the team speed necessary yet for ND to compete with the higher end schools. Of course none of these facts were stopping Musberger from going on and on about a Michigan/ND rematch in the Rose Bowl :angry:

I'd change "week" to "season".  For the most part the Irish have been exposed all year against decent competition.  Simply not athletic nor disciplined enough to play good defense.  Way too many blown assignments and missed tackles.

847630[/snapback]

Their D getting lit up didn't surprise me, but I thought they would have an easier time scoring. USC's defense may actually be better than I had thought, in which case should give OSU a pretty good game.

There is not the depth nor the team speed necessary yet for ND to compete with the higher end schools. Of course none of these facts were stopping Musberger from going on and on about a Michigan/ND rematch in the Rose Bowl  :angry:

:lol: Indeed. That's somewhere between ND-Navy and SU-Rutgers on the list of rematches I want to see.

Convince me why I shouldn't sell my truck, girlfriend, cat and a few organs and lay serious dime on this game?

847238[/snapback]

Time to settle up your bets. Give the truck keys to your girlfriend and send her my way. Might as well grab a ginsu knife and throw in one of your kindeys too

Jesus, what a beating. Thankfully, I didn't touch the game. Decided it just wasn't quite right and since I was watching the game with friends and family I thought I would be too intense if $$$ was riding on it.

The defense played as well as I thought they would. They got blown up early, but got the ball back and settled down. They allowed 37 points which was a bit higher than I would have liked, but I would have been happy with a 42-35 win.

Brady was too tense, Rhema picked the wrong time to lose his hands and Samardzija disappeared for most of the game.

If I am allowed one bitter, sore loser whining point....USC's offensive lineman held like they were putting on wrestling moves ALL NIGHT. It was disgusting. Three times I saw a ND lineman tackled and no flag. I'm all for letting em play, but let's be real.

Whew, that felt good.

USC is an excellent football team, and their D backfield is legit. They deserve the championship game. ND-Michigan is about the last thing I want to see. I'd love a Sugar Bowl matchup with an SEC team.

But honestly, this may seem strange, but it wouldn't kill me if we were left out of the BCS. We have failed in our two big tests this year and I think playing 2 months of bad teams makes a squad soft. If this was a year where there were only 4 BCS bowls instead of 5, I'd say give us the Gator or something and let a team that is playing great football NOW get a shot at a big one.

I thought Quinn played a pretty good game, all things considered.

His receivers get a 'D-' -- was there an open Irish receiver all night? Yeah McKnight caught a couple jump balls but the drops were pathetic -- especially the 4th down play and the one in the end zone. The pressure on Quinn was almost always a result of coverage.

Was not wild about the playcalling. 3d and 1 in a four down situation and they try that wierd option pitch? Against a defense that has been in the backfield all half? WTF Charlie? Then on 4th and 4 Quinn throws to the endzone....bad decision making. Plus, Charlie tried going back to the same well a couple of times where it was obvious -- one resulted in the fumble on the 5 yard line, another was on a quick slant.

The defense played as well as could be expected -- the secondary was obviously badly overmatched.

Dwayne Jarrett -- wow.

SC looked really good. After that performance I think SC clearly deserves a shot at OSU.

I think that this game really exposed how much Quinn misses Carlson out there. Carlson is a "next level" TE with a combo of decent speed and great catching ability. They missed the mismatches he would've created with a LB or a S on him in coverage. Having him on the field also would've eased up the coverage for McKnight and Samardzija out there as well.

The main question I have is what in the heck happened to our OL? The drops and our lack of pass protection was sickeng as well. Brady was running for his life all night long. We couldn't block 4 guys with our 5 up front. The stunts they were running were killing us. That game was a thorough butt whipping.

Overall, I think Quinn did a solid job. He just couldn't get any help. Turnovers, Penalties, Drops, and No Blocking did us in. Not to mention that Dwayne Jarrett stepped into a phone booth before USC's first possession.

I think we'll get into a BCS game because we're ND. Probably against whoever wins the SEC game. But they could look to give us a rematch with Michigan just for the hype around the Rose Bowl it would cause. Ehhh.......We'll just have to wait and see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.