Someone please tell me again, why Jax isn't

Lv-Bills

Dude, you're delusional.

1) I could give two ***** where you live.  I have season tix and live in Boston.  (Nice try).

2) I don't care what's going on in JAX - I care more about the Buffalo Bills and their cemented future in this area.

3) The Bills season should be sold out and a season ticket waiting list should exist - ala Green Bay.

4) Again, you're delusional not realize that we will always be targeted as a team re-lo until the lease is redone to secure its future here in WNY.  It's our job as fans to do our part - the part we CAN Control - to not enable the league/future owners to move the team.

#$% off.

844466[/snapback]

1.) Your the one who brought it up correct? Thought so.

2.) My post was about JAX, not Buffalo. So, if I ask why JAX isn't targeted, that really has nothing to do with the Bills. Try to stay on topic please.

3.) I somewhat agree, but again, it's off-topic in this thread. You really should start your own.

4.) And again, just for review, I wasn't talking about the Bills, but instead asking why JAX isn't targeted. Not Buffalo. But 24 of the last 25 games soldout in a small market isn't bad. There were alot of empties in Green Bay too before Favre got there. So, the Green Bay myth is a little far fetched also. So, in a small market, it happens everywhere. The fact that the Bills consistantly put over 65,000 in the Ralph, in the depressed area that it's in, is a minor miracle.

However, in JAX, which is what the thread was about.....they have no excuse.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7500 tickets left for this Sunday against JAX.

If fans don't stand up and put their money where their mouths are - we could very well be a legit candidate for LA.

I know, JAX has it's problems - but so do the Bills.

GO BUY A TICKET AND SHUT UP!

844208[/snapback]

Jacksonville covers at least 7500 seats every week. They cheat to get "sell outs" by reducing the capacity of their own stadium. If they could sell those seats they would.

I watched the Georgia/Florida game in that stadium just to check it out and sure enough the tarps were gone (not construction related or anything) and there were people in those seats.

me, too. throw in Danny Wegman, too.

As a bills fan and huge buffalo supporter - i have zero confidence in our politicians and business community to get their act together to preserve a great tradition in Buffalo.

Yes, we have Schumer and Higgins battling on our behalf - but the fan base must continue to do its part - buy more season tickets and sell out this team.

Yes, winning will help - but supporting this team is non-negotiable.  Making a stand because you do not support the product only enables a re-lo.

(Sorry, I don't know why the fact that we have 7500 tix left bothers me.  If we can't sell out this game on a holiday weekend, I can't imagine what the next three will be like after JAX - god I hope the Bills WIN all the way).

Go Bills and happy turkey day.

844505[/snapback]

Give it a rest with the "it's a holiday weekend therefore the game should be sold out" crap. This coming Sunday is like any other Sunday and almost everybody goes back to to work on Monday and anybody in from out of town is either gone back or heading back on Sunday. Bottom line....come November/December tickets are a tough sell when the team is not performing.

Bottom line....come December tickets are a tough sell when the team is not performing.

844559[/snapback]

Yup, anyone remember the December crowds during that 3-13 season in 2001? The stadium was lucky if it was half full. Hell, I remember a December game in 1998 against Oakland that was about 15,000 short of capacity and we were making a push for the division title.

3) The Bills season should be sold out and a season ticket waiting list should exist - ala Green Bay.

844466[/snapback]

No comparison. Football is their life in Green Bay and fans support the team, good or bad. It will always be that way. Buffalo has 40,000-50,000 hard core football fans who show up when the team is good or bad. The fact that so many games have sold out in recent years should be viewed as a positive. It also helps when the stadium capacity is reduced by several thousand seats during this same timeframe.

me, too. throw in Danny Wegman, too.

As a bills fan and huge buffalo supporter - i have zero confidence in our politicians and business community to get their act together to preserve a great tradition in Buffalo.

Yes, we have Schumer and Higgins battling on our behalf - but the fan base must continue to do its part - buy more season tickets and sell out this team.

Yes, winning will help - but supporting this team is non-negotiable.  Making a stand because you do not support the product only enables a re-lo.

(Sorry, I don't know why the fact that we have 7500 tix left bothers me.  If we can't sell out this game on a holiday weekend, I can't imagine what the next three will be like after JAX - god I hope the Bills WIN all the way).

Go Bills and happy turkey day.

844505[/snapback]

This is all well and good and every red blooded thick skinned Bills Fan wants it to happen. Trouble is, the economics don't work. Only way it works now is that RW's original $50 k investment is slightly paid off and the franchise is only slightly in the black each year. The economics falls apart with a $ 60M annual interest nut.

This might be better as a separate post.

I agree with the needed support during bad times and in good times, a stadium closer to downtown would suck though.  Tailgating would drop off, parking would cost a fortune and the amount of "scalpers" (some look like gang members) would probably quadruple.

I'm very pleased with the suburban location now

844341[/snapback]

You're a joke.

I just read that Arizona's new "jewel" in the desert only seats 63500? R U freaking kidding me!! I know the Cards are a joke but has anyone been to Phoenix it's a megaolpolis. WNY is a fly spec in size compared to Phoenix. Why doesn't the Ralph be only 60,000 or hell the same size as Arizona stadium. We would sell out every game period.

This is all well and good and every red blooded thick skinned Bills Fan wants it to happen. Trouble is, the economics don't work.  Only way it works now is that RW's original $50 k investment is slightly paid off and the franchise is only slightly in the black each year.  The economics falls apart with a $ 60M annual interest nut.

844604[/snapback]

I'm not a finance guy, but Tommy G., Jacobs, and Bob Rich are - and they're all billionaires too. I'm sure they can figure out how to work the #'s. Hell, Golisano spends $60M just to stay in a gubernatorial race for a few months before dropping out!

This is all well and good and every red blooded thick skinned Bills Fan wants it to happen. Trouble is, the economics don't work.  Only way it works now is that RW's original $50 k investment is slightly paid off and the franchise is only slightly in the black each year.  The economics falls apart with a $ 60M annual interest nut.

844604[/snapback]

The first bolded statement is just flat out wrong. The seconded bolded statement is suspect.

Dude, you're delusional.

1) I could give two ***** where you live.  I have season tix and live in Boston.  (Nice try).

2) I don't care what's going on in JAX - I care more about the Buffalo Bills and their cemented future in this area.

4) Again, you're delusional not realize that we will always be targeted as a team re-lo until the lease is redone to secure its future here in WNY.  It's our job as fans to do our part - the part we CAN Control - to not enable the league/future owners to move the team.

#$% off.

844466[/snapback]

Wow, you call him delusional, you tell him to !@#$ off, yet you're the one who can't even follow a simple topic on a message board (a post which he was replying to, mind you).

You're a dumbshit.

Wow, you call him delusional, you tell him to !@#$ off, yet you're the one who can't even follow a simple topic on a message board (a post which he was replying to, mind you).

You're a dumbshit.

844968[/snapback]

nah, you're a dumbshit. how can one talk about teams moving to LA and not bring up BUFFALO? The national media does it all the time asswipe.

Go ahead folks, go live in your fanstasy world. Godforbid the Bills leave - but if I were you; I'd worry about the team in your backyard and not the one down south.

If you freaks can't gleam that from my multiple messages then - yes, !@#$ off

Dude, you're delusional.

#$% off.

844466[/snapback]

Your hilarious ... Greenbay is like that because of its incredible history.

P.S. some people would rather feed/clothe their kids then make a trip to a football game ... and that doesnt make them any "less" of a fan. I know a guy who would LOVE to go to a Cowboys game. Just ONE! But he is working a ton of hours just to help his parents/siblings keep the house and have food! Would you rather him spend the money on a ticket? Give me a break. You should apply for a Bills marketing position.

Your hilarious ... Greenbay is like that because of its incredible history.

P.S. some people would rather feed/clothe their kids then make a trip to a football game ... and that doesnt make them any "less" of a fan. I know a guy who would LOVE to go to a Cowboys game. Just ONE! But he is working a ton of hours just to help his parents/siblings keep the house and have food! Would you rather him spend the money on a ticket? Give me a break. You should apply for a Bills marketing position.

844975[/snapback]

sounds like many of you are willing to justify a Bills departure... sad

sounds like many of you are willing to justify a Bills departure... sad

844981[/snapback]

hahaha ... OK! Sounds like you are more willing to justify 3 hours of watching a football game for a week of watching your family struggle with monetary problem. Hate to break it to you, but including the PSL, a Bills season ticket is nearly 1/4 year of rent.

The NFL will not force a team to move. The Bills have ZERO chance of moving until Ralph Wilson dies and many believe (including those inside the company) believe Tom Golisano will make a bid to buy the Bills after Wilson dies.

hahaha ... OK! Sounds like you are more willing to justify 3 hours of watching a football game for a week of watching your family struggle with monetary problem. Hate to break it to you, but including the PSL, a Bills season ticket is nearly 1/2 year of rent.

The NFL will not force a team to move. The Bills have ZERO chance of moving until Ralph Wilson dies and many believe (including those inside the company) believe Tom Golisano will make a bid to buy the Bills after Wilson dies.

844986[/snapback]

yo i know exactly how much the tix cost - i have four seasons under my name - and I don't even live in WNY.

my whole point: let's worry about our own backyard and not J-ville.

we need to continue to sell out that stadium every week. i don't care about our past or the last 24-25 sell outs - i'm concerned about our future... and the message it sends if FANS don't buy TIX.

why are fighting over this - it's a no brainer.

nah, you're a dumbshit.  how can one talk about teams moving to LA and not bring up BUFFALO?  The national media does it all the time asswipe.

Go ahead folks, go live in your fanstasy world.  Godforbid the Bills leave - but if I were you; I'd worry about the team in your backyard and not the one down south.

If you freaks can't gleam that from my multiple messages then - yes, !@#$ off

844974[/snapback]

Oh no, I must live in a fantasy world because some screen name on the intarweb told me I did! Not only that, but you still aren't following the thread or what I'm responding to. You automatically assume that I'm talking about mentioning the Bills, when I'm not.

Lets review why you are stupid:

1.) You yell at him to "GO BUY A TICKET AND SHUT UP"

2.) He responds to you with: I have season tickets

3.) You, the guy who is pushing for everyone to go buy tickets, respond to someone who DID buy a ticket by telling him that he is delusional and to "!@#$ off".

Oh no, I must live in a fantasy world because some screen name on the intarweb told me I did!  Not only that, but you still aren't following the thread or what I'm responding to.  You automatically assume that I'm talking about mentioning the Bills, when I'm not.

Lets review why you are stupid:

1.) You yell at him to "GO BUY A TICKET AND SHUT UP"

2.) He responds to you with: I have season tickets

3.) You, the guy who is pushing for everyone to go buy tickets, respond to someone who DID buy a ticket by telling him that he is delusional and to "!@#$ off".

844989[/snapback]

yawn