From Peter King:

• Weirdest: Losman has a better touchdown-to-interception ratio (plus-3) than Byron Leftwich (plus-2), Steve McNair (plus-1), Chad Pennington (minus-1) and Ben Roethlisberger (minus-5).

843286[/snapback]

Actually (and surprisingly) King had a few nice things to say about the Bills. He named Evans one of his offensive players of the week (which even stupid FNIA didn't bother with) and he had this comment too:

"I know it doesn't count for much in the grand scheme of things, but Buffalo's win over Houston, on a 15-yard TD pass from J.P. Losman to Peerless Price, is the kind of win NFL Films needs to put very dramatic music over and make it a game of the week. What an uplifting win for a team that hasn't had much to cheer about."

I'd like to see that NFL Film. :lol:

• Weirdest: Losman has a better touchdown-to-interception ratio (plus-3) than Byron Leftwich (plus-2), Steve McNair (plus-1), Chad Pennington (minus-1) and Ben Roethlisberger (minus-5).

843286[/snapback]

King needs to go back to school. +3 isn't a ratio...

Sure you're not from Lackawanna? Maybe you're just missing some chromosomes.

843315[/snapback]

Way to be, sixpack, you just proved who the douche really is for putting someone down for making an observation. That is a nice meaningless stat, too. Last i checked, those QB's haven't been having the greatest of years, with the possible exception of pennington. So losman has a better "ratio" than the concussion case in pittsburg, WOW.

Way to be, sixpack, you just proved who the douche really is for putting someone down for making an observation.  That is a nice meaningless stat, too.  Last i checked, those QB's haven't been having the greatest of years, with the possible exception of pennington.  So losman has a better "ratio" than the concussion case in pittsburg, WOW.

843427[/snapback]

Riiight. "Jimmy's" been adding oh-so-much to this board as a short-time wet-blanket.

And yet again, I have to ask the question of another troll-alias...who the !@#$ are you?

Roethlisberger is the QB of the defending super bowl champion. Pennington is a 10 year vet, almost. Mcnair? Leading an 8-2 team.

So tell me again how it's meaningless, tough guy?

Riiight. "Jimmy's" been adding oh-so-much to this board as a short-time wet-blanket.

And yet again, I have to ask the question of another troll-alias...who the !@#$ are you?

Roethlisberger is the QB of the defending super bowl champion.  Pennington is a 10 year vet, almost. Mcnair? Leading an 8-2 team.

So tell me again how it's meaningless, tough guy?

843510[/snapback]

It's meaningless because they said so. And they're smarter than you.

Shame on Peter King, he didn't even mention JP coming from behind to win the game with 9 seconds left. I emailed that front runner a nice little email. :)

Ever notice that all that dude EVER talks about in his columns is his love affair with Tom Brady, T.O., and The Colts?

Shame on Peter King, he didn't even mention JP coming from behind to win the game with 9 seconds left.  I emailed that front runner a nice little email.  :)

Ever notice that all that dude EVER talks about in his columns is his love affair with Tom Brady, T.O., and The Colts?

843589[/snapback]

What is going on in that avatar?

Shame on Peter King, he didn't even mention JP coming from behind to win the game with 9 seconds left.  I emailed that front runner a nice little email.  :)

843589[/snapback]

No, I'm sure no one on this board has EVER noticed that..... ;)

843589[/snapback]

I don't know, he had a lot to say about Tony Romo today. He's also written A LOT about Drew Brees and the Saints the last few weeks. It's like witht any other national media outlet, and it's the reason that people B word about Buffalo never being featured on ESPN in any sort of fashion.

If the Bills want to be noticed they have to DO SOMETHING. Yesterday's win was great, and dramatic, and quite possibly a turning point in Losman's career, but it was one week. Now, if JP can put together 3 or 4 performances like that in a row people (e.g., King, ESPN, everyone else we so desparately crave respect from) will take notice as they have with Romo, Brees, Gore, Colston and other unlikely storylines this season.

I don't know, he had a lot to say about Tony Romo today.  He's also written A LOT about Drew Brees and the Saints the last few weeks.  It's like witht any other national media outlet, and it's the reason that people B word about Buffalo never being featured on ESPN in any sort of fashion. 

If the Bills want to be noticed they have to DO SOMETHING.  Yesterday's win was great, and dramatic, and quite possibly a turning point in Losman's career, but it was one week.  Now, if JP can put together 3 or 4 performances like that in a row people (e.g., King, ESPN, everyone else we so desparately crave respect from) will take notice as they have with Romo, Brees, Gore, Colston and other unlikely storylines this season.

843661[/snapback]

Take Romo out of there if Losman having one good game doesn't get him media attention. The media has been all over Romo since the preseason without even seeing him play much in real game situations

King needs to go back to school.  +3 isn't a ratio...

843296[/snapback]

Actually +3 is a ratio. Any whole number is a ratio. e.g. 3:1 can be expressed as 3. But you're right, that's not the way King was using it. J.P's actual ratio is 10/7 or 1.43.

By the way J.P's passer rating of 85.1 ranks him 12th in the league ahead of some notable names: Grossman, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, E. Manning, Roethlisberger, Favre, Vick. Drew Bledsoe is dead last with a 69.2.

Take Romo out of there if Losman having one good game doesn't get him media attention. The media has been all over Romo since the preseason without even seeing him play much in real game situations

843665[/snapback]

You're right, but if I remember correctly, it was mostly King himself who was cawing for Romo as far back as training camp. When Parcells put Romo in last month, I don't remember a ton of media outlets hailing this as saving the Cowboys season. If anything, it was more of a "lets see how this works" type of thing because they were floundering at that point.

I think most figured he had a decent shot at playing better than DB, but I don't think many counted on him to do this well. He has looked very good.

843589[/snapback]

You should really read his column before you throw him under the bus and call him a front runner.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ.../19/mmqb/5.html

"I know it doesn't count for much in the grand scheme of things, but Buffalo's win over Houston, on a 15-yard TD pass from J.P. Losman to Peerless Price, is the kind of win NFL Films needs to put very dramatic music over and make it a game of the week. What an uplifting win for a team that hasn't had much to cheer about." -Peter King