NFL Network said Evans set and NFL record

Reed83HOF

I made a typo in the topic name....It was Lee Evans...not Price....who set the record...I corrected it

Apparently no one in the history of the NFL had ever had 2 receptions of 80+ yds in one qtr before....you go Lee

Edited by reed8383

But that would put an end to all of this witty banter.

It's also the first time that a player caught two 83 yard passes in the same game while wearing #83 on his jersey. :lol:

843151[/snapback]

Is that why the topic was started by a 8383?

I made a typo in the topic name....It was Lee Evans...not Price....who set the record...I corrected it

Apparently no one in the history of the NFL had ever had 2 receptions of 80+ yds in one qtr before....you go Lee

843127[/snapback]

so many meaningless records, so little time. Carr had 22 stright completions, so what?

so many meaningless records, so little time. Carr had 22 stright completions, so what?

843162[/snapback]

They are totally meaningless, however, they are the only postive records that a Bill has set in how long? Therefore with all the misery since '99 (We were The Winningest Team of the Decade); its nice to be able to see and say something good about this team....

Even the trio of Mooch, Prime Time and Dick Eisen, said Carr's 22 straight completions were garbage as they didn't affect the score and his last 4-5 went for like 3 yds....

But that would put an end to all of this witty banter.

It's also the first time that a player caught two 83 yard passes in the same game while wearing #83 on his jersey. :lol:

843151[/snapback]

And the first time a QB did that after having 83 yards passing the previous week in a year when a former #83 is a hall of fame candidate in a day game on a natural grass field by the visiting team playing as an underdog with 2 first year head coaches with both starting running backs injured and the temperature above 70 degrees before a sellout crowd the week before Thanksgiving in a game played by 2 AFC opponents that are out of playoff contention.