Evans, Losman..

Phlegm Alley

JPs performance was not exactly exraordinary...it was for him & us....but not as a league wide performance.

Evans on the other hand had the best day for a Bills WR EVER & the best day for a WR league wide ALL YEAR. 

Evans should have been on the list.

843008[/snapback]

correction: Evans on the other hand had the best day for a Bills WR EVER & the best day for a WR league wide ALL YEAR, AND the best performance for a WR since 2000, not to mention setting an NFL record for being the only guy to ever score two 80+ yard TD receptions in one quarter.

NFL.com has nothing about Evans on the front page of there website. But Chad Johnson is up there.

I'm not one for getting mad at the national media for not getting respect but this is the last draw after seeing no highlights or mention of Evans during halftime of last nights game. The man put up the 11th best yardage game in the history of the NFL and no mention of it. Crazy.

ON the NFL Network show with Eisen, Mooch and Deon....Sanders gave Evans Props at the end....saying he's a player....during the highlights Eisen kept calling Price Peirce...like 5 times before he caught himself....Losman got 0 props....

on SC the idiot reporter was all over Dunta's comments...he read it...then said "Ouch"...

I can't wait till they are all over our jocks again in 2 more years....fuggin tools

ON the NFL Network show with Eisen, Mooch and Deon....Sanders gave Evans Props at the end....saying he's a player....during the highlights Eisen kept calling Price Peirce...like 5 times before he caught himself....Losman got 0 props....

on SC the idiot reporter was all over Dunta's comments...he read it...then said "Ouch"...

I can't wait till they are all over our jocks again in 2 more years....fuggin tools

843124[/snapback]

Right after the early games were over, CBS did it's quick highlights segment. Essiasson (sic?) got the Bills-Texans. They lead in with Losman's INT, then Boomer practically chokes out that Losman hits Price for the game winner. Boomer is scum.

In later broadcasts he actually said JP had a nice game, but he had already made my list. :lol:

I don't want the Bills getting any props. It'll be that much sweeter to see the sports chatteratti heads spin around when the Bills run the table.

Sorry, when you used the acronym I wasn't sure.  You get some really obviously bad questions around here and it kind of seeps into the attitude.  Apologies.

842986[/snapback]

Accepted, bro. No problems. I too was way to quick to ask the question without letting my lazy fingers do a wikipedia search.

Watching FNIA (Football Night In America), they had the proverbial annointing of the "player of the day" award and the choices were as followed:

Brian Urlacher: 11 tackles 1 INT

Tom Brady: 200 some odd yards and 4 TDS

Chad Johnson: 6 catches 190 yards 3 TDS

Frank Gore: 214 yards rushing (SF franchise record)

How is it that Lee Evans doesn't get any props for having the best recieving day of any WR in the NFL this year???

Or Losman, who (despite throwing an INT for a TD) lead his team from a comeback victory to throw for 340 and 3 TDS doesn't get mentioned either???

I for sure thought that one of these guys would be mentioned in the proverbial annointing.  Do you guys think that their efforts weren't worthy of national recognition?

842943[/snapback]

It was "only the Texans"

I don't want the Bills getting any props.  It'll be that much sweeter to see the sports chatteratti heads spin around when the Bills run the table.

843141[/snapback]

At some point we need to be advertised on these national networks. Apart from all the statistical records that Evans set, those two 83 yarders were picture-perfect in their accuracy (throwing, catching and running) esp as one came just before JP got clobbered. The final TD is worth a highlight reel for the way it was delivered and more importantly, caught at the 9 second mark. No matter which team is playing which, these beauties deserve broadcasting to the wider audience who may appreciate good plays without being blindly loyal to their particular team. Heck, I would love seeing such plays even if it was Brady throwing (except if it was against us).

Memo to Bills Fans:  You should stop looking for validation via the national media.  Until the team makes the playoffs, you will only be disappointed.  Be satisfied with a great performance and a great win yesterday.  That's all that matters.

843251[/snapback]

or unless we end up with Nick Saban as HC...

:lol:

Memo to Bills Fans:  You should stop looking for validation via the national media.  Until the team makes the playoffs, you will only be disappointed.  Be satisfied with a great performance and a great win yesterday.  That's all that matters.

843251[/snapback]

The Bills will only get national media recognition when they are forced to report it. Like when we pulverize one of the media darling teams. That time is coming, but it's not here yet.