Where are the WM haters at?

bluv

This is garbage.  Seriously, how much more proof needs to be out there?  Who the hell wouldn't play better with a better line?  WHO?  Will Anthony Thomas play worse should be Bills get a great line?  McGahee is NOT a great back.  He isn't even close.  He's solid.  Period.  A-Train is solid.  Period. 

Travis Henry plays on an absoulute garbage team, with a garbage line.....no QB......and no WR's, and still produces.  He is more explosive than Willis.  He runs tougher than Willis.  I mean, week after week, guys prove on other teams that Willis is nothing more than a mediocre back. 

If his value is so high.....which I don't think it is anywhere else in the league, except with Buffalo fans.......trade his ass, get a high pick or picks, and go after a backup to A-train late in the draft.  Use the high picks on lineman.

I just don't understand the reason some Bills fans have to keep defending Willis' medicore play week after week.  HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

842330[/snapback]

Bravo!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is garbage.  Seriously, how much more proof needs to be out there?  Who the hell wouldn't play better with a better line?  WHO?  Will Anthony Thomas play worse should be Bills get a great line?  McGahee is NOT a great back.  He isn't even close.  He's solid.  Period.  A-Train is solid.  Period. 

Travis Henry plays on an absoulute garbage team, with a garbage line.....no QB......and no WR's, and still produces.  He is more explosive than Willis.  He runs tougher than Willis.  I mean, week after week, guys prove on other teams that Willis is nothing more than a mediocre back. 

If his value is so high.....which I don't think it is anywhere else in the league, except with Buffalo fans.......trade his ass, get a high pick or picks, and go after a backup to A-train late in the draft.  Use the high picks on lineman.

I just don't understand the reason some Bills fans have to keep defending Willis' medicore play week after week.  HE'S NOT THAT GOOD.

842330[/snapback]

I cant tell. Are you a Henry homer or a A-Train homer? I cant tell.

Well if that is indeed the case we all know who we can blame for that.

842422[/snapback]

Most of the fans on this board who ran him out of town for the flashier player in WM! Face it: WM is on this team and while he is not the best back in the league he is one of the best; at least a top 10 back when healthy. Haters: stop bashing all our good players just because they are not great and worrying about replacing them and trying to assemble an All-Pro team. This team has way more players to worry about than WM!

Most of the fans on this board who ran him out of town for the flashier player in WM! Face it: WM is on this team and while he is not the best back in the league he is one of the best; at least a top 10 back when healthy. Haters: stop bashing all our good players just because they are not great and worrying about replacing them and trying to assemble an All-Pro team. This team has way more players to worry about than WM!

842514[/snapback]

spot on

Barber gets the majority of carries near the goal-line.

842516[/snapback]

I just can't believe that the 32nd ranked run defense in the NFL is shutting down Barber and Jones.

I mean, Jones only has 22 carries for 79 yards. Wow. I guess stats aren't everything.

Barber gets the majority of carries near the goal-line.

842516[/snapback]

Oh I know I was just throwing this out here because the way some people around here talk its as if willis is the only rb who doesn't score tds. I would like the bills to get a goalline back like the cowboys or giants have. Any kind of 1-2 combo at rb actually. It would give defenses a lot more to think about and make our offense more productive.

A-Train struggled today and was stopped on a couple of key 3rd and short downs. He hit the hole pretty hard on those plays as well. Just goes to show that if the O-line doesn't open up a hole or gets a push no RB can consistently pickup yardage on his own! If we open it up for the rest of the year and run more from a 3 WR set and pass to the back as much as we did today, WM might be itching to get back on the field!

842251[/snapback]

I don't miss Willis and his heartless play. A-Train is a two dozen for a dime back...he really isn't much, but at least he plays hard.

I've said it many times, I'm a 'Canes fan, I'd love to see Willis succeed, but he just doesn't give a f*ck and that's not acceptable. Forget about A-Train, what makes me sad is to see Frank Gore doing well for San Francisco while Willis has it on cruise control at 35mph.

If Gore doesn't blow out a knee in spring ball, McGahee never gets on the field in Miami and he ends up being the late round pick who has to EARN his money. Gore IS the story that Willis was supposed to be, he's an inspiration to his teammates, he loves the game, and had he not blown out both knees he'd be every bit as good as LaDainian Tomlinson. Easily the most dynamic back ever to play at the U.

Maybe the light will come on for Willis, we saw his talent two years ago when he was motivated, but I'm not going to make apologies for a lack of production when it's preceded by a lack of effort and an unwillingness to get with the program the rest of the team is on. He may be a 'Cane, but he plays like a 'Nole.

842514[/snapback]

I can name ten that are better in about 3 seconds, and that any other GM in the league would take over McGahee anyday......

So, when does he start playing like a top ten back? I mean, there is absolutely ZERO evidence that he has ever been a top ten back. He's no where near the top ten in YPC, long runs, FD Conversions, nothing. That isn't counting his blocking or pass catching ability, which is VERY average.

I mean, he can't even hold water to a guy like Travis Henry. And yes, WE ALL wanted Henry out of Buffalo. However, just because we got McGahee doesn't mean he's a stud. Henry is on a team as bad, if not far worse than the Bills, yet he is producing big time. But, there is of course an excuse for something like that. If Willis is a top ten back, Henry must be an all pro. And that's what we are debating. When you really get honest with yourselves.....McGahee is an average back. VERY average.

WM isn't anywhere near a top ten back in this league. In fact, statwise, he's somewhere in the bottom of the 11-20 tier.

spot on

842518[/snapback]

It's a shame; that is why I started this tread and I expected such responses. The haters can't hate on JP or the O-line this week so they have to hate on WM who didn't even play. Most should just be happy and enjoy the win. We are far from an elite team so all this nitpicking is senseless. For all our good but not great players we have but are always hated on this board for some reason(WM,Clemens,Evans,Spikes, Schoebel; etc) there are a lot of teams that would be happy with them.

I don't miss Willis and his heartless play.  A-Train is a two dozen for a dime back...he really isn't much, but at least he plays hard.

I've said it many times, I'm a 'Canes fan, I'd love to see Willis succeed, but he just doesn't give a f*ck and that's not acceptable.  Forget about A-Train, what makes me sad is to see Frank Gore doing well for San Francisco while Willis has it on cruise control at 35mph.

If Gore doesn't blow out a knee in spring ball, McGahee never gets on the field in Miami and he ends up being the late round pick who has to EARN his money.  Gore IS the story that Willis was supposed to be, he's an inspiration to his teammates, he loves the game, and had he not blown out both knees he'd be every bit as good as LaDainian Tomlinson.  Easily the most dynamic back ever to play at the U.

Maybe the light will come on for Willis, we saw his talent two years ago when he was motivated, but I'm not going to make apologies for a lack of production when it's preceded by a lack of effort and an unwillingness to get with the program the rest of the team is on.  He may be a 'Cane, but he plays like a 'Nole.

842528[/snapback]

You just sound like a Hurricanes who just didn't care much for WM as you did Gore. I have a cousin who is a big Michigan fan but who doesn't like Brady; he still won't acknowledge Brady as being a top 5 QB!

I don't miss Willis and his heartless play.  A-Train is a two dozen for a dime back...he really isn't much, but at least he plays hard.

I've said it many times, I'm a 'Canes fan, I'd love to see Willis succeed, but he just doesn't give a f*ck and that's not acceptable.  Forget about A-Train, what makes me sad is to see Frank Gore doing well for San Francisco while Willis has it on cruise control at 35mph.

If Gore doesn't blow out a knee in spring ball, McGahee never gets on the field in Miami and he ends up being the late round pick who has to EARN his money.  Gore IS the story that Willis was supposed to be, he's an inspiration to his teammates, he loves the game, and had he not blown out both knees he'd be every bit as good as LaDainian Tomlinson.  Easily the most dynamic back ever to play at the U.

Maybe the light will come on for Willis, we saw his talent two years ago when he was motivated, but I'm not going to make apologies for a lack of production when it's preceded by a lack of effort and an unwillingness to get with the program the rest of the team is on.   He may be a 'Cane, but he plays like a 'Nole.

842528[/snapback]

Thank You for a great post. Gore is a perfect example of another running back, on a terrible team, with a terrible line, but yet their running back produces without using excuses to explain his failures.

Yet, we have Bills fans that think WM is a top ten back, when he hasn't even come close to playing as well as a Frank Gore or a Travis Henry.

It's pretty plain to see to most people, especially outside of Buffalo. Apparently, from the newspaper article today, Ralph is starting to see it too.

It's a shame; that is why I started this tread and I expected such responses. The haters can't hate on JP or the O-line this week so they have to hate on WM who didn't even play. Most should just be happy and enjoy the win. We are far from an elite team so all this nitpicking is senseless. For all our good but not great players we have but are always hated on this board for some reason(WM,Clemens,Evans,Spikes, Schoebel; etc) there are a lot of teams that would be happy with them.

842531[/snapback]

Well see, here's your problem.....you shouldn't act like you are thinking for most of us. Most of us realize that WM is very replaceable. And we'd like to see his cap space or "supposed" trade value used on a line, in front of guy who actually plays hard like A-Train. 2 lineman, who are developing in front of a hard runner, would be much better than the cap space that someone like Mcgahee is going to eat up if the Bills re-up him.

Unfortunatly we cant get frank gore, and henry isnt coming back. Mind you he didnt play that well his last year here and was a fumble machine, but instead of saying how good everyone else has it. How about coming up with some names?

Draft a rb perhaps? No F'n way. Your average nfl rb is a 1st or 2nd rd pick. We have too many needs to do that. Free Agency? I think Michael Turner is available, but then you're just hoping you can strike gold with someone who shares carries with tomlinson and has done good in relief can take that next step. If recent history is anything this is unlikely to happen. It's one thing to not be happy about production it's another to cut rope and be stuck with a lesser player, and yes despite your opinions of Willis he is still better then Atrain

A-Train struggled today and was stopped on a couple of key 3rd and short downs. He hit the hole pretty hard on those plays as well. Just goes to show that if the O-line doesn't open up a hole or gets a push no RB can consistently pickup yardage on his own! If we open it up for the rest of the year and run more from a 3 WR set and pass to the back as much as we did today, WM might be itching to get back on the field!

842251[/snapback]

While I like Willis obviously. Running backs are easily replaceable.

Well see, here's your problem.....you shouldn't act like you are thinking for most of us.  Most of us realize that WM is very replaceable.  And we'd like to see his cap space or "supposed" trade value used on a line, in front of guy who actually plays hard like A-Train.  2 lineman, who are developing in front of a hard runner, would be much better than the cap space that someone like Mcgahee is going to eat up if the Bills re-up him.

842540[/snapback]

I can see if WM had signed a new contract and was paid like a top 3 RB. When he is healthy, no matter what aybody wants to say he is ranked among the top 10 backs. Based on his pay and production they are about equal. Face it: WM is here and isn't going anywhere until his contract is up. And while I accused him of dancing in the 1st 2 games, he has ran hard and consistent ever since. If WM was the weakest player on this team then we'd be 10-0 and have a team full of not just good but great players!