Where are the WM haters at?

bluv

we gotta learn to utilize them both. both are a threat, and this oline sucks. we've gotta show teams different looks and with these 2 backs on the team... thats how we should do it.

842305[/snapback]

Excellent comment. when Willis comes back he should get his job but we should use A-train also. A-Train can catch out of the backfield and he is tough.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Palmer was for two weeks straight playing 2 of the worst pass defenses in the league and threw for 50 yards and 0 TD's and Losman the previous 7 weeks were playing the middle-harder pass defenses in the league and is averaging about 150 and a TD per game then yes I would start Losman over Palmer.

Except Willis's numbers are better and against harder defenses. Willis is averaging about 80 yards a game against the 3rd, 12th, 28th, 1st, 11th, 25th, and 3rd ranked rushing defenses in the league.

So lets recap:

McGahee: On average has played about the 12th ranked defense in the league all year long and is averaging 80 Yards Per Game with 3.8 YPC.

A-Train: On average has played on average about the 29th ranked defense all year long and is averaging 82 Yards Per Game with a 3.4 YPC.

842406[/snapback]

Again. Garbage.

How's that 32nd ranked Colts run defense shutting down the Cowboys today? What's the excuse on that?

WM is mediocre. Face it man.

Also.............let's hear all of the WM knob slobbers tell me why Willis doesn't have a long run from scrimmage? EVER. I mean, all of you keep teliing me that WM is a stud. Studs can usually make plays on their own. Yet, year after year, WM is usually the worst running back in the league in terms of long runs from scrimmage. But hey, I'm sure there is an excuse for that too.

He's one of the dumbest human beings on Earth. One of the worst blockers, but yet, he's a stud. Yeah OK.

For the stat hogs.......maybe he's faced so many good run defenses, because those run defenses get their stats padded by facing McGahee? Could that not be the case too? After all, the only time Willis has played above average was that minute stretch of time 2 years ago, when the Bills went on their magical run against 6 high school teams, until the Steelers scrubs wrecked their plans.

Give it rest already, with every week.....and every new RB that surfaces, the excuses are getting more and more far fetched.

so is julius jones

13  30 2.3ypc

24 92 3.8ypc 1td

20 73  3.7 ypc

15 45 3ypc

those are jones stats the last 4 games and he's continuing that trend today

842431[/snapback]

I didn't ask that. I just asked how the Colts 32nd ranked run defense is stopping the Cowboys today. After all, if Mcgahee was in there vs. the Colts, he apparently would have had a Lee Evans type WR game last week. Even though, there is no evidence to ever suggest he could do such a thing.

Always an excuse.

Again.  Garbage.

How's that 32nd ranked Colts run defense shutting down the Cowboys today?  What's the excuse on that?

WM is mediocre.  Face it man.

842429[/snapback]

1. Look at the GuessWhozBack post.

2. Julius Jones has only ran about 8-9 times all game.

GuessWhosBack, reasoning with people is too difficult. Let them hate whomever they want.

Really if you have any brain whatsoever you would think these stats would be all you needed to know.

Indianapolis has the 32nd rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 160 yards per game with a 5.1 avg.

A-Train VS Indianapolis: 109 yards, 3.9 YPC

Difference of: 51 yards and a 1.2 YPC difference

Houston has the 27th rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 130 yards per game with a 4.6 rush avg.

A-Train VS Houston: 56 yards, 2.9 YPC

Difference of: 74 yards and a 1.7 YPC difference

1. Look at the GuessWhozBack post.

2. Julius Jones has only ran about 8-9 times all game.

GuessWhosBack, reasoning with people is too difficult. Let them hate whomever they want.

842441[/snapback]

It could have nothing to do with the fact that they've shut him down in those 9-10 carries does it?

Really if you have any brain whatsoever you would think these stats would be all you needed to know.

Indianapolis has the 32nd rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 160 yards per game with a 5.1 avg.

Houston has the 27th rush defense in the league, giving up on average about 130 yards per game with a 4.6 rush avg.

842445[/snapback]

Again, should we post Willis' numbers FROM HIS CAREER PERIOD? His long runs from scrimmage? His stats other than the 6 game run in 2004? What else do you need?

No, wait, see, when people post Willis' stats......and they are very mediocre his WHOLE career.....there's always an excuse.

Can't say he's a terrible blocker. Can't say he has no speed. Can't say he can't pick up first downs or not dance on 3rd and shorts........

Because, for Wilis..........there's always an excuse.

I didn't ask that.  I just asked how the Colts 32nd ranked run defense is stopping the Cowboys today.  After all, if Mcgahee was in there vs. the Colts, he apparently would have had a Lee Evans type WR game last week.  Even though, there is no evidence to ever suggest he could do such a thing.

Always an excuse.

842440[/snapback]

First you asked why the cowboys cant run against the colts. Because Julius Jones is an average rb. So that's your answer. 2nd Who said that Willis would've had a lee evans type game? I think he could've done to the colts what he did to the jets. McGahee is a solid but not great rb. I'd put him in the 10-15 range. I'm more concerned with improving the lines then getting rid of good players. I dont get the idea that some people seem to accept no less then hof players at every position or they suck.

It could have nothing to do with the fact that they've shut him down in those 9-10 carries does it?

842446[/snapback]

If you dont get the RB the ball more than 15-20 times, he doesnt have much of a chance to actually break a decent gain.

P.S. He just ripped off about 25 yards in the past 3 plays.

Again, should we post Willis' numbers FROM HIS CAREER PERIOD?  His long runs from scrimmage?  His stats other than the 6 game run in 2004?  What else do you need? 

No, wait, see, when people post Willis' stats......and they are very mediocre his WHOLE career.....there's always an excuse.

Can't say he's a terrible blocker.  Can't say he has no speed.  Can't say he can't pick up first downs or not dance on 3rd and shorts........

Because, for Wilis..........there's always an excuse.

842454[/snapback]

What are you talking about 2004? The stats I listed are from THIS YEAR.

If you dont get the RB the ball more than 15-20 times, he doesnt have much of  a chance to actually break a decent gain.

P.S. He just ripped off about 25 yards in the past 3 plays.

What are you talking about 2004? The stats I listed are from THIS YEAR.

842464[/snapback]

Well, then in Willis' career.....if he's so good, and so valuable.....in his 40,000 or 50,000 carries, why can't he rip off a good run?

And oh yeah, Jones just lost 2 yards on his last two carries. What exactly does that mean?

And oh yeah, Jones just lost 2 yards on his last two carries.  What exactly does that mean?

842484[/snapback]

:doh: It might have something to do with the whole being average thing

Yeah about on track with exactly what A-Train did.

So are you trying to say he should start over willis or we should trade him to dallas to start over jones?

842361[/snapback]

Poor citation of statistics. If the stat was that Indy gives up 160 yds to the lead running back all the time, that'd be one thing. But it's team yards. Different teams get it done differently. Sometimes those yards come from the QB, sometimes they come from a change of pace back, sometimes a team has a great two-headed attack like NE's.

Well, then in Willis' career.....if he's so good, and so valuable.....in his 40,000 or 50,000 carries, why can't he rip off a good run?

And oh yeah, Jones just lost 2 yards on his last two carries.  What exactly does that mean?

842484[/snapback]

1. Are you on drugs? 40,000-50,000? Try about 700 ... and since when does long runs make a good RB? I care more about 1st downs, which at 135 in his first 2 years puts him in the same league as Shaun Alexander.

2. It means the Cowboys now have 85 yards and a TD rushing

Travis Henry plays on an absoulute garbage team, with a garbage line.....no QB......and no WR's, and still produces.  He is more explosive than Willis.  He runs tougher than Willis.  I mean, week after week, guys prove on other teams that Willis is nothing more than a mediocre back. 

842330[/snapback]

Whatever; you were probably one of those who ran him out of town!

Poor citation of statistics.  If the stat was that Indy gives up 160 yds to the lead running back all the time, that'd be one thing.  But it's team yards.  Different teams get it done differently.  Sometimes those yards come from the QB, sometimes they come from a change of pace back, sometimes a team has a great two-headed attack like NE's.

842499[/snapback]

So throw in the rest of our rushing attacks and we still wouldnt get near that ... so basically your saying that those teams #2 RB's are better than our #2 RB? :doh: