I was reading J. Sullivan's article about OJ

Reed83HOF

Like the title suggests, I was reading the article about why OJ should be removed from the wall; My opinion is that with this rediculous book, it needs to go...if he just left it alone and kept his mouth shut, it could have stayed... nnow there will be more media focused on him..what an !@#$...

Anyways...here is what Ralph said...

"At my age, I have more important things to worry about," said Wilson, 87. In fact, he seemed more concerned about his current back, Willis McGahee, whom Wilson termed a "disappointment."

So now I am thinking...I suppose it's possible that if ATrain plays well at all; we could see Willis get traded for additional draft picks...

Like the title suggests, I was reading the article about why OJ should be removed from the wall; My opinion is that with this rediculous book, it needs to go...if he just left it alone and kept his mouth shut, it could have stayed... nnow there will be more media focused on him..what an !@#$...

Anyways...here is what Ralph said...

"At my age, I have more important things to worry about," said Wilson, 87. In fact, he seemed more concerned about his current back, Willis McGahee, whom Wilson termed a "disappointment."

So now I am thinking...I suppose it's possible that if ATrain plays well at all; we could see Willis get traded for additional draft picks...

841150[/snapback]

willis' career as a buffalo bills running back came to an end against green bay 2 weeks ago... getting stuffed in a crucial red zone rushing attempt. I wish him the best wherever he plays next year. his trade value outweighs his heartless talent at the moment. A train with an upgraded line from willis' trade value is better than willis and what we currently have in front of him.

but jerry is spot on.. oj is up there but cookie and lou aren't? a wall of shame indeed.

willis' career as a buffalo bills running back came to an end against green bay 2 weeks ago...  getting stuffed in a crucial red zone rushing attempt.  I wish him the best wherever he plays next year.  his trade value outweighs his heartless talent at the moment.  A train with an upgraded line from willis' trade value is better than willis and what we currently have in front of him.

but jerry is spot on..  oj is up there but cookie and lou aren't?  a wall of shame indeed.

841154[/snapback]

Agree with what you say in large part.

The absence of Cookie and Lou Saban is a symptom of why Ralphie will never live to give his HOF induction speech.

I agree 100% with this statement, and I'm by no means a Willis hater.

841191[/snapback]

I agree with that statement 100%, and I *AM* a Willis hater. He's a gutless runner.

Whether that's the fault of his O'line or not, he is not good for this current team.

I sent an email to Chris Brown regarding this topic...here is his response...

"ME:

I have a question regarding what I read in today's Buffalo News. Jerry Sullivan was talking to Ralph regarding the removal of OJ's name from the Wall of Fame and this statement, but this really struck me:

"On Friday, I reached Bills owner Ralph Wilson at his home in Detroit, and Wilson said he hasn't changed his mind on the subject.

"At my age, I have more important things to worry about," said Wilson, 87. In fact, he seemed more concerned about his current back, Willis McGahee, whom Wilson termed a "disappointment." "

I am wondering what your comments are in regards to this and if there is any indication from others within 1 Bills Drive that share the same feelings regarding Willis and how does this effect his future with the Bills?

Chris:

"I think Willis is a strong example of how poor this offensive line truly is. Willis has been productive, but nowhere near as productive as he was at Miami. The line is not good at all, and Willis' productivity has suffered because of it. To me it reinforces how the line negatively impacts Losman and his play as well. Willis has been a "disappointment" to Mr. Wilson because the line isn't good enough. That comment can't help as far as his future is concerned here. But I've never been convinced that Willis wanted to stay here his whole career anyway. Next year is the last year of his deal. We'll see what happens."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seemed like he skated around question a bit...but its interesting to see this part of his response:

"That comment can't help as far as his future is concerned here. But I've never been convinced that Willis wanted to stay here his whole career anyway. Next year is the last year of his deal. We'll see what happens."

It almost really makes me feel they may try to get some value by trading him this offseason...I would very much doubt they would keep him trough next season if there is a good chance he wants out, especially due to the fact that I don't think they could franchise him and either keep him or trade him and receive any type of value for him, unless he has a monster year, which is contingent on the OL....I honestly don't see Marv playing around

I wouldn't be totally opposed to seeing Willis go, as long as Marv gets something in return. Anthony Thomas (to me) is solid enough and probably a harder runner than Willis...i.e., he can take the hits and keep running, where Willis seems to get knocked down after the first hit more often than we'd expect.

I never expected Willis to stay in Buffalo for more than his contract dictated. I say get something for Willis, give Thomas a shot next year, then draft a late-round RB.

i think willis has some character issues, but runs hard for the most part. i think he turns chicken sh-- into chicken salad more often that some care to admit. this line really is horrible and that is the primary reason he's not more productive.

but having said that, i don't think he;s irreplacable. if the bills can get an early 3rd rounder for him they should jump. i am not holding my breath for that, though.

I agree with that statement 100%, and I *AM* a Willis hater. He's a gutless runner.

Whether that's the fault of his O'line or not, he is not good for this current team.

841194[/snapback]

I'm not a hater but I think Willis lacks definition as a back (not body defnition), he sways back and forth from either being a power back or a cut-back finesse style runner. When he is one, he is not the other and both characteristics are never on the field at the same time. He wants to be a power back when holes are opening and a finesse back when the OL sucks. It would seem to be vice versa, run with power when there aren't many holes and be a finesse back when there are.

There have been posts floating around regarding the new NFL and now it seems that teams are going to a 2 back system, given that they have a decent OL. More and more it seems with a solid OL any back can put up decent numbers.

I think the HB position in general is going to be less revered as a skill position in coming years (LT aside of course), how many backs gain 1000 yards per season now? I think it was 15 or something last year, it used to be a monstrous accomplishment.

With AT in the game, the Bills O misses:

1) A step running wide

2) A half dozen dances that turn gains into losses

3) A 'look how pretty I am' attitude

With MW in the game, Green Bay would have been closer or a loss, Indy would not have been as close and Texas D was slowed in the 4th because the Train hit them and MW would have just danced for them.

Should have kept Travis Henry.

RW's comment is the end for MW in a Bills Uniform. Just like it was for Flutie - and Flutie only saved the franchise.