Andre, Thurman make it to HOF final 25

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Thurman yes

Andre no

839489[/snapback]

Are you nuts? When Andre retired he was only behind Rice in catches...he has more catches than Swann and Stallworth combined and they are in...I believe Largent & Lofton are in too... The game is different now....a bunch receivers will pass him....He was 2nd to Rice....

He should be in...

Oh he better be in before that piece of **** crack head Irvin....

My list:

Michael Irvin -not that I want to see him make it

Art Monk-long time coming

Paul Tagliabue -this should be a no brainer, not one work stoppage during his tenure, NFL stayed ontop of the sports leagues

Thurman Thomas-should have went last year

George Young-Has a resume longer then I-90

Thurman is definitely in this year.

Irvin will be in too.

Is Keuchenberg in the senior category for making it? If so I think he gets in.

I'd love to see Andre get in, and he deserves it, but I'm just not sure.

My list:

Michael Irvin -not that I want to see him make it

Art Monk-long time coming

Paul Tagliabue -this should be a no brainer, not one work stoppage during his tenure, NFL stayed ontop of the sports leagues

Thurman Thomas-should have went last year

George Young-Has a resume longer then I-90

839524[/snapback]

no way 2 WRs make it in the same year

Are you nuts? When Andre retired he was only behind Rice in catches...he has more catches than Swann and Stallworth combined and they are in...I believe Largent & Lofton are in too... The game is different now....a bunch receivers will pass him....He was 2nd to Rice....

He should be in...

Oh he better be in before that piece of **** crack head Irvin....

839506[/snapback]

Doesn't matter. Andre isn't getting in before Irvin and there's no way they're both getting in, PLUS another Bill (Thurman) who is all but a lock.

As far as our fearless leader goes...he'll be enshrined someday...but it's not looking as if he'll be around to see it.

My prediction is Tasker. I think the uniqueness of the position and the fact that as a special teams guy he was MVP of a pro bowl will work to his benefit. He will be the surprise pick. I think Monk and Irvin will get in this year as well, pretty much dooming Andre for this year. Thomas is on the bubble. Ralph made too much noise this year (although his complaint appears to have some merit.)

My prediction is Tasker.  I think the uniqueness of the position and the fact that as a special teams guy he was MVP of a pro bowl will work to his benefit.  He will be the surprise pick.  I think Monk and Irvin will get in this year as well, pretty much dooming Andre for this year.  Thomas is on the bubble.  Ralph made too much noise this year (although his complaint appears to have some merit.)

839735[/snapback]

Tasker and Ralph didn't make the semi-final cut.

As far as WRs, I think Monk gets in before Reed. Irvin had some recent scandal issues with his CBS job last year and given the log jam of worthy candidates. any reasonthough remote from a player's career may be enough to make them a non-choice.

Its a deserved honor Reed to be a finalist but I suspect these other WRs, Thuirman, and even Tasker (who did not make it as far this year as before but I think he will come back to the finalist list when their are fewer Bills and WRs- his position though he gets in for his ST work) up for consideration.

As far as the rest, I'll take another look but the interesting things to me are whether Derrick Thomas gets in since he was a good player who died tragically and that Ralph is also losing gound. I think Ralph gets in after he is dead.

Not that I entirely agree...

Chris Brown's take:

REED AND THOMAS' CHANCES: I think Thurman has a better chance than Andre and here's why. There's only one other RB on the list (Terrell Davis) and he only played 7 seasons. He was dominant and helped the Broncos win two Super Bowls, but he wasn't as good for as long as Thurman and in my opinion not as good an all-around back as Thurman. I'd be surprised if Thomas doesn't get in this year.

Andre has a much more difficult chance of getting in for a few reasons. First, there are many on the Hall of Fame voting committee who feel there is a disproportionate number of receivers in the Hall of Fame already. Second, there are some football "experts" who feel Andre won't get in until Art Monk gets in first. And Monk is on the semifinalist list. Personally I think that's ridiculous. I know that Monk won Super Bowls with Washington (3 I believe), but Reed was such a much more dynamic player than Monk. As Thurman himself once stated, Monk caught a lot of his passes in the flat and took them out of bounds. Reed caught a lot of his passes over the middle and turned them upfield for big yardage. Reed was so much better than Monk after the catch it's not even funny. To me that's what makes him superior to Monk and more deserving than him. Isn't run after the catch what a receiver should be known for first and foremost?

Still my opinions aside, I think only one receiver will get in this year if any and it will be Michael Irvin, as much as it pains me to say that. He was Dallas' go to receiver and an instrumental cog in their three Super Bowl titles in the 90's. It's going to be hard to ignore Irvin and give the nod to Reed.

Agree with Brown.....Irvin will go ahead of both Monk and Reed just for the fact that he played pretty good on a pretty high profile team that won 3 superbowls.

Reeds chances are going to be tied with Monks chances...The day Monk goes in, Reed will improve his chance of getting in.

I think Thomas is a lock over Davis on the RB front.