Monty Brown signs with WWE

I saw this thread, looked at the picture contained in the link, and all I can say is "Who the hell is Monty Brown?"

839003[/snapback]

He was a former Bill from the SB years who went on to become a pro wrestler. He went to TNA and made a decent career there and now he is with the WWE.

Maybe they debut him on Smackdown or ECW a week from tuesday when they are in town at HSBC, anyone else going to that event?

He was a former Bill from the SB years who went on to become a pro wrestler. He went to TNA and made a decent career there and now he is with the WWE.

Maybe they debut him on Smackdown or ECW a week from tuesday when they are in town at HSBC, anyone else going to that event?

839027[/snapback]

Oh wow, that's a good idea! I bet they do that.

I'm guessing they'll put him on "Smackdown!". They have a lack of talent and could use a new exciting player. If you put him in ECW, it would take away from the newly acquired Bobby Lashley and of course my personal favorite wrestler, CM Punk.

I'm guessing they'll put him on "Smackdown!". They have a lack of talent and could use a new exciting player. If you put him in ECW, it would take away from the newly acquired Bobby Lashley and of course my personal favorite wrestler, CM Punk.

839045[/snapback]

Haven't had many chances to watch ECW yet (in Canada its only on at midnight on fridays) but I get to see it live a week from tuesday at HSBC arena.

Bout time Vince takes someone away from TNA instead of the other way around. Rhino, Christian, Kurt Angle (the most surprising)

He was a former Bill from the SB years who went on to become a pro wrestler.

For whatever reason, I have zero recollection of this dude. If he is from the glory years, why is he wearing Leon Seals number? Wasn't Leon 96?

839045[/snapback]

They've been neglecting SmackDown! for so long I find myself doubting they'll put Monty over there. His talents will probably waste away on RAW's midcard.

For whatever reason, I have zero recollection of this dude. If he is from the glory years, why is he wearing Leon Seals number? Wasn't Leon 96?

839140[/snapback]

I thought he used the spelling "Monte" when he was with us. He wasn't a gifted linebacker, but he did bring a load by driving through his tackles. One of the better hitters ever in a Bill's uni at his size.

Monty was built like a brick shithouse. If I remember right I think he was caught using steroids or something later on in his career with football.

839365[/snapback]

then he should fit in perfectly with pro wrestling.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/3694976

Very interesting that they list him as "Monty Brown of the Buffalo Bills" showing pictures of him playing as a Bill rather than "The Alpha Male" of TNA.

But I guess that would just be Vince refusing to acknowledge TNA once more  :w00t:

838977[/snapback]

If you think TNA would allow Vince to post images of Monte Brown during his time in TNA, you're nuts.

And why would Vince acknowledge TNA? I think Vince McMahon is one of the biggest A-holes walking the earth, but there are few businessmen in the world who are more savvy. Giving your competition any sort of publicity when it's not necessary would be foolish. That's exactly why it was stupid for WCW and Bischoff to take the bait that the WWE put out back in the late 90s. WCW was winning the ratings war on Mondays every week, so what did Vince do? He put Degeneration X on a friggin TANK and placed it outside of where the WCW show was going on. If Bischoff was smart, he'd have completely ignored it. But instead he thought he could outsmart Vince, so he started doing things like revealing match results and challenging Vince to a fight. That was the DUMBEST thing he could have done. Not long after that, you had Shane McMahon on TNT during the NITRO broadcast talkign about how they'd bought the company.

I guarantee you you'll never see a single mention of TNA during a WWE broadcast until and unless TNA starts winning in the ratings....and that's pretty unlikely.

^ I suppose you're right. I'm kinda biased because i'm more into TNA, ROH, and Japanese Wrestling than WWE these days. But i'm glad that Monty's onto the big show. He seems pretty happy about it too. They just put up a new article about him:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/montybrownspeaks

839498[/snapback]

Ironically enough, I'm sitting here websurfing (pulling my hair out trying to learn more about projector screens....what a pain in the ass!) and happened to flip on TNA. The James gang happen to be calling out DX and Vinnie Mac. I bet you any money you won't see any sort of response at all from the WWE side. I think it's funny they're trying to do the exact same thing I posted about above, lol.

Ironically enough, I'm sitting here websurfing (pulling my hair out trying to learn more about projector screens....what a pain in the ass!) and happened to flip on TNA. The James gang happen to be calling out DX and Vinnie Mac. I bet you any money you won't see any sort of response at all from the WWE side. I think it's funny they're trying to do the exact same thing I posted about above, lol.

839510[/snapback]

Yeah.....

I sort of cringed when I saw that. I realize they've put the World Title on Sting. I realize they've stolen Christian and Kurt Angle. I realize they've gotten themselves a primetime cable spot. But I think they're pushing their luck calling out the WWE this early.

But I love 'em anyways :w00t: