Philly might get rid of Kearse

jdubs

There have been rumblings that the Eagles, after signing Trent Cole last week to a long-term extension that included a $12 million signing bonus, could consider releasing Jevon Kearse.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

We should go for him if he is released. I think he's got a couple more years in him and with him opposite Schobel, we'd be scary on defence for opposing QB's.

Injury prone. No thanks.

There have been rumblings that the Eagles, after signing Trent Cole last week to a long-term extension that included a $12 million signing bonus, could consider releasing Jevon Kearse.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

We should go for him if he is released.  I think he's got a couple more years in him and with him opposite Schobel, we'd be scary on defence for opposing QB's.

838834[/snapback]

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

We should go for him if he is released.  I think he's got a couple more years in him and with him opposite Schobel, we'd be scary on defence for opposing QB's.

838834[/snapback]

Kearse still has a good burst coming around the corner, unfortunately it's usually on the Cart headed for X-Rays.

But if the knee injury scares away other teams and we can get him somewhat cheap, it's a win/win situation. If he doesn't work out, no biggie we didn't spend much to get him. If he does work out, we get a bargain.

But if the knee injury scares away other teams and we can get him somewhat cheap, it's a win/win situation.  If he doesn't work out, no biggie we didn't spend much to get him.  If he does work out, we get a bargain.

838855[/snapback]

For the right price, with the injury concerns in mind, I would go after him too. I am afraid though, he would get a lot of attention, and end up being overpaid by someone. Tennessee would love to have him back...

But if the knee injury scares away other teams and we can get him somewhat cheap, it's a win/win situation.  If he doesn't work out, no biggie we didn't spend much to get him.  If he does work out, we get a bargain.

838855[/snapback]

Other teams being scared away tells me something...

but I've heard of him!

838927[/snapback]

There is that mentality, and then there is the opposite, which gets all creamy in their jeans when the Bills sign some "under the radar" guy that few have heard of...we spend the off-season convincing ourselves, and anyone who will listen, that these "nobodys" are actually great players, on the cusp of coming into their own, and that management did an excellent job, with this shrewd move, or that one...at the end of the season, when we are cursing our 4-12 team, we wonder why it didn't all work out the way we had thought.

Remember how giddy everyone was when TD signed Jeff Posey? I could name far more no-name FA signees by the Bills that haven't worked out, than high profile guys that have not. Normally, we have heard of them, because they have done something to merit our recognition. Sometimes you get lucky, but most of the time, you get what you pay for.

Kearse may be too far gone at this point, but I would let the Bills doctors determine that before saying signing him is a bad idea. Money may be spent better elsewhere. He has been hurt often, but when he has been healthy in Philly, he has played pretty damn well.

This may be the pinnacle of idiocy. Kearse hasn't been healthy for YEARS.

838965[/snapback]

That's completely not true. Just because he's been injured this year doesnt mean he's "been injured for years." The past 3 years he started 15 games, 14, and 14. He was injured in 02, before that he started 16 games, 16, and 16. Oh and by the way, to all of those saying he is aging, he only played in 2 games this year but yet had 3.5 sacks and a forced fumble. Of course he is aging, but I think a veteran along with Schobel on our line would be a good thing.

He forces a ridiculous amount of turnovers. 22 forced fumbles in 5 years.... I'd love to see that production here in Buffalo.

If you want to make a case against Kearse in Buffalo then tell me that our problem is our rush defense, and Kearse is definitely a pass rusher and would make our run defense worse. Or tell me that he's never really played in cold weather, even in philly. But dont tell me that he has nothing left or that his salary would be high since we will have like a gagillion dollars to spend next year. There are better reasons for why Kearse shouldnt come here.

Personally I would like to take a shot at him if he is cut. Regardless of his age or w/e.... he still is a fear to the opposing offensive tackle, and can still come up with the big sack and/or forced fumble. He is a veteran, a leader, and a hustler on defense. He has great work ethic when healthy and is the type of leader I would like to see on our very inexperienced defensive line.

That's completely not true. Just because he's been injured this year doesnt mean he's "been injured for years." The past 3 years he started 15 games, 14, and 14. He was injured in 02, before that he started 16 games, 16, and 16. Oh and by the way, to all of those saying he is aging, he only played in 2 games this year but yet had 3.5 sacks and a forced fumble. Of course he is aging, but I think a veteran along with Schobel on our line would be a good thing.

He forces a ridiculous amount of turnovers. 22 forced fumbles in 5 years.... I'd love to see that production here in Buffalo.

If you want to make a case against Kearse in Buffalo then tell me that our problem is our rush defense, and Kearse is definitely a pass rusher and would make our run defense worse. Or tell me that he's never really played in cold weather, even in philly. But dont tell me that he has nothing left or that his salary would be high since we will have like a gagillion dollars to spend next year. There are better reasons for why Kearse shouldnt come here.

Personally I would like to take a shot at him if he is cut. Regardless of his age or w/e.... he still is a fear to the opposing offensive tackle, and can still come up with the big sack and/or forced fumble. He is a veteran, a leader, and a hustler on defense. He has great work ethic when healthy and is the type of leader I would like to see on our very inexperienced defensive line.

839177[/snapback]

Grasping at straws hasn't served this franchise well...