First US city to ban all smoking

Tux of Borg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) My God is more of a praise him ... lift your hands on high ... worship type of God. Id be happy to talk to you more about it in PM if you want.

839156[/snapback]

I can hardly wait.

Let me know if your God likes the Giants getting 3.5 this weekend. :(

As an individual I'm all for it so I don't have to walk by you and breathe your smoke or have your cig butt come flying at my car as you throw it out of yours.

As an American, this is complete bull sh--.

In this case American > Individual.

838574[/snapback]

I agree.

I wish politicians cared as much about the poison coming out of my tap than about adults who engage in legal behaviour outdoors or in private establishments.

I can't wait to see all you applauding seals when these idiots finally get to something you care about. By then it'll be too late.

I wish politicians cared as much about the poison coming out of my tap than about adults who engage in legal behaviour outdoors or in private establishments.

I can't wait to see all you applauding seals when these idiots finally get to something you care about.  By then it'll be too late.

839214[/snapback]

The 21st amendment is more important to me than the 2nd.

Why don't they just criminalize possesion of cigarettes.  Here's a legal question.  Is it illegal to smoke pot or to posses it?  I know, to smoke it you must posses it, but how is the law written?

838400[/snapback]

What law, which state law or do you want to know about the federal law?

The difference is you glass of wine does not affect the person standing next to you.

839227[/snapback]

See, that's where you're wrong. There are cause/affects to virtually everything regulated. The Fa(s)t Food industry has a much larger affect on the average American than smoking does and it was actually only a matter of time before the marketplace took care of the smoking issue on its own.

But keep parroting the same crap. You know, because you're forced to go to bars and restaurants.

And when I'm driving in my Jeep, exactly how are you affected by my smoking????

839230[/snapback]

I'm not saying that you are affected or you aren't, personally I think banning all smoking is ridiculous I was just pointing out the basis of the law. Smoking bans aren't in place to protect the smoker's health it's to protect others in the vicinity - thus the analogy to making a glass of wine illegal does not hold up.

When I barf on his shoes he might just get a bit irritated.  Or if I start talking religion, he'd wish that I had barfed on his shoes and left.

839234[/snapback]

Barfing on my shoes if fine and is the cornerstone of any well run democracy it does not adversely affect my health and if it's my gym shoes then you might actually be improving the smell

Smoking bans aren't in place to protect the smoker's health it's to protect others in the vicinity - thus the analogy to making a glass of wine illegal does not hold up.

My smartass remark about wine was in response to the Swedish Chef's comment about marijuana, not in regards to the cigarette ban.

See, that's where you're wrong.  There are cause/affects to virtually everything regulated.  The Fa(s)t Food industry has a much larger affect on the average American than smoking does and it was actually only a matter of time before the marketplace took care of the smoking issue on its own.

But keep parroting the same crap.  You know, because you're forced to go to bars and restaurants.

839232[/snapback]

No I am right. I am not stating that I support or oppose the law I am pointing out that the basis of the law is the health affects upon others who choose not to smoke not the health affects on those who choose to smoke. Fast food does not have the same bans becuase if you're eating fast food the fat and cholesterol does not enter my body.

Once again I am merely explaining the basis of the anti-smoking laws which is why smoking has been banned in the workplace and in many states bars and restaurants.

No I am right.  I am not stating that I support or oppose the law I am pointing out that the basis of the law is the health affects upon others who choose not to smoke not the health affects on those who choose to smoke.  Fast food does not have the same bans becuase if you're eating fast food the fat and cholesterol does not enter my body.

Once again I am merely explaining the basis of the anti-smoking laws which is why smoking has been banned in the workplace and in many states bars and restaurants.

839258[/snapback]

Actually I find fast food does affect me directly as smoking does. When I walk down the street and see a fat 300 pound chick wearing tight shorts and showing her g-string, i am adversely affected, therefore, fast food should be banned.

Down with Burger King, Down with McDees.

No I am right.  I am not stating that I support or oppose the law I am pointing out that the basis of the law is the health affects upon others who choose not to smoke not the health affects on those who choose to smoke.  Fast food does not have the same bans becuase if you're eating fast food the fat and cholesterol does not enter my body.

839258[/snapback]

Why should a legal product like cigs be taxed at a much higher rate than, say, chewing gum or french fries, or 2 by 4"s... ;)