The Mock Drafts Are Out:

Astrobot

Mock Draft by Lee Wright

Buffalo Bills Staley, Joe, OT Central Michigan

This could be a bit high for Staley, but he would be a great fit for the Bills system with his athletitsm, a bit like current starting RT Jason Peters.

ASTRO-COMMENT: NO. This is way high for Staley. The only similarity between Peters and Staley is they both used to be TE's. Watch for Staley in late Round 2.

Featured Draft By Kevin Zuckerman

Buffalo Bills Thomas, Marcus, DT Florida

This team misses Sam Adams more than they care to admit. A QB could be taken here if they decide Losman isn't their player, or WR because they lack a true #2 and are loaded with #3's.

ASTRO-COMMENT: NO. Marcus Thomas isn't your character guy. He was kicked off the team 10 days ago, and had been suspended twice before for substance abuse violations.

Mock Draft by Mike Jendrycki

Buffalo Bills Brown, Levi, OT Penn St.

The Bills' offensive line is pretty bad, and so it's the biggest priority to address.

ASTRO_COMMENT: NO. Levi Brown won't be there at 7, much less 12, despite some Penn State wallers saying how bad he is.

Mock Draft by Brandon Cheyka

Buffalo Bills Brohm, Brian, QB Louisville

Losman has proven to be a huge dissapointment, so look for them to bring in one of the toughest QBs in the draft.

ASTRO_COMMENT: NO. The mock drafter can't spell disappointment, he doesn't have my patience with JPL, and Brohm will be another Gradkowski.

Mock Draft by Jack Wibright

Buffalo Bills Blalock, Justin, OG Texas

ASTRO_COMMENT: YES. Catch him on TV this weekend. Blaylock has the makings of a great addition to the O-line. He's been touted as having better upside than Jonathan Scott. He is 6'4", 330 (Jason Peters' dimensions), with 5.3 speed, has 25 consecutive games at OG for the national champs, was first team Big 12 as a sophomore, and he'd be our biggest lineman except for Aaron Merz (much slower).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just our luck to miss the playoffs, but get good enough to miss out on those 5-6 choice plums at the top of the draft tree! A 7-9 record means we're picking 9-12th.

I notice our rushing yardage in the last 2 games against good teams was better than before we retooled our O-line. A-Train, or O-line? Who cares? Let's see how Willis does, and find out what we really need on that line. Maybe they will surprise.

ASTRO_COMMENT: YES. Catch him on TV this weekend. Blaylock has the makings of a great addition to the O-line. He's been touted as having better upside than Jonathan Scott. He is 6'4", 330 (Jason Peters' dimensions), with 5.3 speed, has 25 consecutive games at OG for the national champs, was first team Big 12 as a sophomore, and he'd be our biggest lineman except for Aaron Merz (much slower).

No more OL from Texas!

Just our luck to miss the playoffs, but get good enough to miss out on those 5-6 choice plums at the top of the draft tree! A 7-9 record means we're picking 9-12th.

I notice our rushing yardage in the last 2 games against good teams was better than before we retooled our O-line. A-Train, or O-line? Who cares? Let's see how Willis does, and find out what we really need on that line. Maybe they will surprise.

837160[/snapback]

Given that one of those games was against a team giving up a staggering average of 165 yards per game on the ground, I'll reserve judgement for another few weeks.

Once bitten, twice shy?

Like any of these better?

Top 15 Targeted Prospects For The Buffalo Bills at Pick 11:

1 Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

2 Dwayne Jarret, WR USC

3 Laron Landry, S LSU

4 Michael Griffin, S Texas

5 Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

6 Paul Posluszny, OLB Penn St.

7 Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State

8 Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio State

9 Ted Ginn, WR Ohio State

10 Alan Branch, DT Michigan

11 Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

12 Brandon Merriweather, S Miami

13 Levi Brown, OT Penn St.

14 Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

15 Troy Smith, QB Ohio State

Top 10 Targeted Prospects at Pick 43 For the Buffalo Bills:

1 Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

2 Jarrett Hicks, WR Texas Tech

3 Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

4 Courtney Taylor, WR Auburn

5 Fred Bennett, CB South Carolina

6 Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

7 Tom Zbikowski, S Notre Dame

8 Earl Everett, OLB Florida

9 Red Bryant, DT Texas A&M

10 Manny Ramirez, OG Texas Tech

Right now if this was who was available, I'd take Ginn or Jarrett at WR with my #1 pick. Jarrett's 6'5", fast, and a legitimate #1 WR. Ginn you'll see on Saturday as The Ohio State Buckeyes beat the Wolvlatrines.

I'd take Moses at DE in RD#2. He'll be the #1 or #2 DE in the draft with Gaines Adams at Clemson.

Once bitten, twice shy?

Top 15 Targeted Prospects For The Buffalo Bills at Pick 11:

1 Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

2 Dwayne Jarret, WR USC

3 Laron Landry, S LSU

4 Michael Griffin, S Texas

5 Antoine Cason, CB Arizona

6 Paul Posluszny, OLB Penn St.

7 Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State

8 Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio State

9 Ted Ginn, WR Ohio State

10 Alan Branch, DT Michigan

11 Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

12 Brandon Merriweather, S Miami

13 Levi Brown, OT Penn St.

14 Gaines Adams, DE Clemson

15 Troy Smith, QB Ohio State

Top 10 Targeted Prospects at Pick 43 For the Buffalo Bills:

1 Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee

2 Jarrett Hicks, WR Texas Tech

3 Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

4 Courtney Taylor, WR Auburn

5 Fred Bennett, CB South Carolina

6 Sedrick Ellis, DT USC

7 Tom Zbikowski, S Notre Dame

8 Earl Everett, OLB Florida

9 Red Bryant, DT Texas A&M

10 Manny Ramirez, OG Texas Tech

Right now if this was who was available, I'd take Ginn or Jarrett at WR with my #1 pick. Jarrett's 6'5", fast,  and a legitimate #1 WR. Ginn you'll see on Saturday as The Ohio State Buckeyes beat the Wolvlatrines.

I'd take Moses at DE in RD#2. He'll be the #1 or #2 DE in the draft with Gaines Adams at Clemson.

837189[/snapback]

Willis would be happy if the Bills take Peterson in the first round

Mock Draft by Lee Wright

Buffalo Bills Staley, Joe, OT Central Michigan

This could be a bit high for Staley, but he would be a great fit for the Bills system with his athletitsm, a bit like current starting RT Jason Peters.

ASTRO-COMMENT: NO. This is way high for Staley. The only similarity between Peters and Staley is they both used to be TE's. Watch for Staley in late Round 2.

Featured Draft By Kevin Zuckerman

Buffalo Bills Thomas, Marcus, DT Florida

This team misses Sam Adams more than they care to admit. A QB could be taken here if they decide Losman isn't their player, or WR because they lack a true #2 and are loaded with #3's. 

ASTRO-COMMENT: NO. Marcus Thomas isn't your character guy. He was kicked off the team 10 days ago, and had been suspended twice before for substance abuse violations.

Mock Draft by Mike Jendrycki

Buffalo Bills Brown, Levi, OT Penn St.

The Bills' offensive line is pretty bad, and so it's the biggest priority to address.

ASTRO_COMMENT: NO. Levi Brown won't be there at 7, much less 12, despite some Penn State wallers saying how bad he is.

Mock Draft by Brandon Cheyka

Buffalo Bills Brohm, Brian, QB Louisville

Losman has proven to be a huge dissapointment, so look for them to bring in one of the toughest QBs in the draft.

ASTRO_COMMENT: NO. The mock drafter can't spell disappointment, he doesn't have my patience with JPL, and Brohm will be another Gradkowski.

837144[/snapback]

Yea, I'd take Blalock out of all those guys. What is your opinion on the Bills drafting a qb like Troy Smith in the mid rounds?

Once bitten, twice shy?

If we end up with pick 12 then guys among my short list are:

Sam Baker LT USC: Move Peters back to RT and take Baker to have bookend tackles for the next 5 seasons.

Dwayne Jarrett WR USC: I like WR Calvin Johnson better but doubt he'd fall out of the top 5 so take the 2nd best WR in the class. At 6'5' 215# he has the size to be the perfect compliment to Lee Evans.

Paul Posluszny LB Penn State: It might not be a popular decision but we might want to consider Takeo for the sake of retaining London Fletcher leaving a hole at OLB. Posluszny is the best LB in the draft and isn't a reach at pick 12.

Patrick Willis LB Missisppi: Some feel he's best suited for MLB so if we can't retain Fletcher maybe instead we keep Spikes and take Willis here.

Marcus McCauley CB Fresno St: With questions if Nate wil be franchised again we might look for his replacement in the draft. McCauley matches Nate's size and arguably the top CB in the draft.

You may want to watch on Saturday (I know I will):

Does Ginn become the player of the game at WR?

or

Does Leon Hall catch a key INT against Ginn as Michigan's premier CB?

837226[/snapback]

Neither Anthony Gonzalez is the focus of the OSU passing game because they know Ginn will be covered by Hall.

Neither Anthony Gonzalez is the focus of the OSU passing game because they know Ginn will be covered by Hall.

837239[/snapback]

If he has a big game than that means that Ohio State will have another big receiver to market next year.

Mental note from 1988.... Please no more RB's from Oklahoma State University, we took Terry Miller and he bombed! Leave That Thurman Thomas on the draft board. How would that assessment affected the Bills of the 90's? Sure glad Bill Polian didn't listen to the fans then, and I'm positive Marv won't now. Justin Blaylock could solve a whopping big problem at ORT or ORG. Enough said!!