OK, How would you like to be in that meeting?

DeeRay

I can just visulize twhat it might have been like to be in that meeting.

I'd like to know what you folks think, but I gotta believe it went something like this...

Bledsoe: Josh, you gotta get open more.

Josh: I am... you just don't throw it to me.

Bledsoe: Eric, no more dropsies.

Eric: Bite me Drew, I'll stop dropping footballs when you stop taking stupid sacks and making bonehead mistakes in the redzone.

Bledsoe: And you, Travis, you gotta start keeping those damn blizting LBs off me.

Travis: Yeah, right... the best thing you can do to keep LBs off you is hand me the ball... I'll make the plays. Screw passing!

Bledsoe: You too Damien, you got to block for me better and get open.

Damien: Duh, what the hell was that I did against Jax? There was no one within 15 yards of me and everyone in the house saw me open except for you. WTF?

Bledsoe: Ok guys, we gotta stop bickering here, we're not gonn awin games that way. JP, go get me another Pepsi.

JP: Sure Drew. He's right guys, we gotta stop this bickering and making silly mistakes. (wink-wink), cuz if you don't, everyone is going to start to point fingers at Drew, and we don't want that fellas, do we? Coach will end up having to yank him in favor of me... and we know the success rate of rookie QBs with great mobility, rocket arms, quick releases, and excellent ball handling skills are in short supply. So, if I have to come in in play, the pressure is really going to be on you to see that I don't get hurt again.

Drew: Guys -I called this meeting because i think we should all grow beards.

Travis: Just give me the ball.

Bledsoe: Beards, Trav, not ball.

Travis: Sorry - I was faking listening. What's that now?

Drew: I think we should all grow a beard. It makes us look wise. That way the fans will think that we mean something when we say the stuff about executing better in the post-game interviews.

JP: I could grow a beard faster than all of you guys.

Eric: Beards don't go too well with my earrings - can i stick with the moustache?

Lee: I can't grow a beard.

Travis: Gimme the ball - I ain't blocking unless you do.

I'd like to know what you folks think, but I gotta believe it went something like this...

Eric: Bite me Drew, I'll stop dropping footballs when you stop taking stupid sacks and making bonehead mistakes in the redzone.

Bledsoe: And you, Travis, you gotta start keeping those damn blizting LBs off me.

Travis: Yeah, right... the best thing you can do to keep LBs off you is hand me the ball... I'll make the plays.  Screw passing!

Bledsoe:  You too Damien, you got to block for me better and get open.

Damien: Duh, what the hell was that I did against Jax?  There was no one within 15 yards of me and everyone in the house saw me open except for you.  WTF?

Bledsoe: Ok guys, we gotta stop bickering here,  we're not gonn awin games that way.  JP, go get me another Pepsi.

JP: Sure Drew.  He's right guys, we gotta stop this bickering and making silly mistakes. (wink-wink), cuz if you don't, everyone is going to start to point fingers at Drew, and we don't want that fellas, do we?  Coach will end up having to yank him in favor of me... and we know the success rate of rookie QBs with great mobility, rocket arms, quick releases, and excellent ball handling skills are in short supply.  So, if I have to come in in play, the pressure is really going to be on you to see that I don't get hurt again.

60169[/snapback]

oh goodie...a new variation of your crusade...at least this one is somewhat creative. :rolleyes:

Actually in order to be useful Bledsoe and Moulds need to take a leadership role and quite frankly deserve to do so because DB has been to the bigdance twice with a team he QB'ed there under Parcells and got a ring with Tom Brady doing the heavy lifting but Bledsoe playing QB in the majority of a must win game. Even if some players buy into the I hate Bledsoe idiocy of some posters, the receivers and RBs will need to listen because they have never even smelled the Big Dance as a teammember.

Moulds can take a leadership role because though he also has never come near to securing the ultimate goal of all NFL players of getting to the Big Dance, he is the most talented player on the team who has earned a Pro Bowl nod from his peer and put big numbers in some seasons. He also needs to take a leadership role because like it or not in this society the history of African-Americans in this country is different than the history of Caucasians in this country and though it would be great if like a Colin Powell one's color doesn't block you from being part (I don't think race has caused him to be a lesser of Rumsfeld et al. its just politics) of the inner circle. There are still too many differences in the results achieved by the members of various races (the number of NFL HCs of Afriican-American heritage does not match the achievements of players of African-American heritage and the number of A-As who are players) for this issue to be simply ignored. It will be more effectiove if Moulds takes a positive leadership role in this meeting, though it strikes me as wholely appropriate for it to be Bledsoe's meeting because he is the only one with SB participant rings.

At any rate, the key here to me is for both Bledsoe and Moulds to admit that their own play has been bad in terms of results in several cases. However, they have experienced what it means to suceed in this league and they themselves are committed to making the big personal effort to not make mistakes and improve their performance.

They and any individual may fail as they get older. They may get beaten by a younger better player. However, the only way to get to the Big Dance is to go all out and try your hardest and even if you fail but you gave it your all then they have no regrets. Even better they have enough confidence in their teammates and themselves (despite their advancing age) that if they all give it their all they will win big.

As long as Bledsoe and Moulds can make a credible case that they are giving it their all, I think they can demand of the rest of the crew that they give their all as well. Not being in the locker room I don't know whether there is too much partying or lack of focus from any of the receivers or RBs, but Bledsoe and I think Moulds can put a stop to it with the help of this type of meeting.

Though it may be necessary it is far from sufficient as a simialar meeting needs to occur with the DBs (led by Milloy) by the DL led by Adams and by the OL (which will be tough because i don't think any of them have been there before so maybe Villarial can take a lead as the oldest player.

I like the fact that MM seems to have had a team meeting where he did not call out individual players as idiots, but showed film of bad plays which created an opportunity for internal discipline. the players involved are too rich individually and have a history of being pamepered athletes in college. They need the discipline that an HC like a Parcells provides as want it. However, in the growing partnership between the NFL and NFLPA the players must give permission to the HC to discipline them. When the HC simply rants and raves and throws his weight around, the result is usually like a Coughlin who does well intially in Jax but loses his team and players in the medium run and then loses his job.

If MM finds a way to do his version of Parcells like discipline he will do fine, but if he falls back to ranting and raving like Coughlin or stupid tricks which are not real like GWs airhorn or opportunity laps then start looking for a new HC.

Travis: Yeah, right... the best thing you can do to keep LBs off you is hand me the ball... I'll make the plays.  Screw passing!

Bledsoe:  You too Damien, you got to block for me better and get open.

Damien: Duh, what the hell was that I did against Jax?  There was no one within 15 yards of me and everyone in the house saw me open except for you.  WTF?

Bledsoe: Ok guys, we gotta stop bickering here,  we're not gonn awin games that way.  JP, go get me another Pepsi.

JP: Sure Drew.  He's right guys, we gotta stop this bickering and making silly mistakes. (wink-wink), cuz if you don't, everyone is going to start to point fingers at Drew, and we don't want that fellas, do we?  Coach will end up having to yank him in favor of me... and we know the success rate of rookie QBs with great mobility, rocket arms, quick releases, and excellent ball handling skills are in short supply.  So, if I have to come in in play, the pressure is really going to be on you to see that I don't get hurt again.

60169[/snapback]

I think I'm glad I don't have to work with you. :rolleyes:

60169[/snapback]

You might want to check out the success rate of QBs who are drafted in the 1st round before you shoot a load in your drawers.

You might want to check out the success rate of QBs who are drafted in the 1st round before you shoot a load in your drawers.

60321[/snapback]

look no further then our own #11. You know little...

Drew: Guys -I called this meeting because i think we should all grow beards.

Travis: Just give me the ball.

Bledsoe: Beards, Trav, not ball.

Travis: Sorry - I was faking listening. What's that now?

Drew: I think we should all grow a beard. It makes us look wise. That way the fans will think that we mean something when we say the stuff about executing better in the post-game interviews.

JP: I could grow a beard faster than all of you guys.

Eric: Beards don't go too well with my earrings - can i stick with the moustache?

Lee: I can't grow a beard.

Travis: Gimme the ball - I ain't blocking unless you do.

60177[/snapback]

fabulous