Is it a lack of talent

5 Wide

Play 1: The Bills run a quick hit up the middle with a draw handoff to fullback Daimon Shelton. Problem is, Shelton doesn't know the ball is coming to him and it bounces off his chest with no attempt to field the handoff

Play 2: Tackle Booger McFarland busts up the middle untouched to swallow up QB JP Losman. Guard Mike Gandy who initially has no one to block due to a stunt, turns his back to the LOS to watch Peters drive Freeney up field. McFarland stunts down and goes past Gandy who never sees him as his attention is elsewhere.

Play 3: The Bills get a quick 3 and out on defense with Indy pinned deep and the offense is assured of getting great field position to start the next drive. Problem is, they call for a block and rough the kicker prolonging the drive. Why would you call for a block in that situation and not a return?

JP Losman spoke of guys continually missing assignments yesterday during his post game press conference. He said that it's not getting beat physically or a problem of being outclassed, it's just seems like it's one guy here or there blowing an assignment which destroys the play.He also went on to say that he is no "great play caller" and just runs what is called. This doesn't give me much confidence in both the ability of the line to stop "missing assignments" and JP to diagnose a game and act accordingly. Just some thoughts.

He also went on to say that  he is no "great play caller" and just runs what is called. 

835148[/snapback]

Linky? I'm not doubting you Thomas, I just needs to see for myself. I haven't been able to bring myself to read any of the post game info...that quote, if accurate is troublesome.

Is it a lack of talent, or intelligence

Yes, it is.

JP Losman spoke of guys continually missing assignments yesterday during his post game press conference.  He said that it's not getting beat physically or a problem of being outclassed, it's just seems like it's one guy here or there blowing an assignment which destroys the play.He also went on to say that  he is no "great play caller" and just runs what is called.  This doesn't give me much confidence in both the ability of the line to stop "missing assignments" and JP to diagnose a game and act accordingly.  Just some thoughts.

835148[/snapback]

How does Losman pointing out that he isn't the one blocking or calling the plays cause you to question Losman's ability to "diagnose a game and act accordingly"? I'm not seeing the connection.

How does Losman pointing out that he isn't the one blocking or calling the plays cause you to question Losman's ability to "diagnose a game and act accordingly"? I'm not seeing the connection.

835159[/snapback]

He's getting at Losman's quote of being 'no great play caller', just runs what's sent in...

Which I would like to read for myself, but I'm too lazy to go find the quote...

He's getting at Losman's quote of being 'no great play caller', just runs what's sent in...

Which I would like to read for myself, but I'm too lazy to go find the quote...

835173[/snapback]

Right, and isn't that just Losman pointing out that he isn't the one who calls the plays? Or am I missing the meaning? If that is all he's saying, how does that lead one to question his ability to "diagnose a game and act accordingly"?

Right, and isn't that just Losman pointing out that he isn't the one who calls the plays? Or am I missing the meaning? If that is all he's saying, how does that lead one to question his ability to "diagnose a game and act accordingly"?

835182[/snapback]

One would hope, wouldn't one, that if a QB comes to the line of scrimmage and sees (diagnoses) a defense that is set up to stop the play that has been called that the affore mentioned QB would read said defense and audible into a play that he feels has a higher probibility of success against the previously mentioned defensive alignment? :devil:

You want your QB to diagnose the defense and then either run the play that has been called in, or move to a different play.

If the quote is true, it could mean 2 things. Either Losman doesn't feel that he is capable of reading and reacting, or he's been told to run what's called and is shielding his coaches.

Linky?  I'm not doubting you Thomas, I just needs to see for myself.  I haven't been able to bring myself to read any of the post game info...that quote, if accurate is troublesome.

It was on the wgr post game show with schopp and bulldog, they played his comments. I'll try to find them.

It was on the wgr post game show with schopp and bulldog, they played his comments.  I'll try to find them.

835198[/snapback]

I also heard that comment on the post game interview. But I believe JP's feeling with that statement was "I'm not going to take the fall for everything today, go ask Fairchild or Jauron". Personally, with the questions that come toward JP, I myself myself would probably have a meltdown at the podium and start finger-pointing