(OT) I'm having a banner sports year...

ExWNYer

Just curious...how is it that the Bills, and not one of the two New Jersey football teams, are your favorite seeing as all your other favorites are NYC teams?

60238[/snapback]

Most of my family is from Buffalo -- Bills were my first sports team although I grew up in the NYC suburbs (could only see the Bills twice a year when they played the Jets -- and God knows they didn't get many national games). Passion was sealed when I went to school upstate in the late 80s just before the SB run.

I "like" the Giants (that is, will usually root from them when I see them on TV) but can't stand the Jets and Islanders/Devils & Yankees - and never spent any energy on the Nets. [ironically, Munson and Mattingly are in my top ten favorite sports stars].

Lived in MD for a while now.

Most of my family is from Buffalo -- Bills were my first sports team although I grew up in the NYC suburbs (could only see the Bills twice a year when they played the Jets -- and God knows they didn't get many national games).  Passion was sealed when I went to school upstate in the late 80s just before the SB run.

I "like" the Giants (that is, will usually root from them when I see them on TV) but can't stand the Jets and Islanders/Devils & Yankees - and never spent any energy on the Nets.  [ironically, Munson and Mattingly are in my top ten favorite sports stars].

Lived in MD for a while now.

60263[/snapback]

Makes sense, thanks. Why not the Sabres as your favorite NHL team?

Makes sense, thanks. Why not the Sabres as your favorite NHL team?

60305[/snapback]

Best friend growing up had season tickets to the NYR. Sabers are second favorite (big fan of Gilbert P) but in the pre-ESPN days it was impossible to see many games on TV.

1) Bills

2) Sabres

3) SU Sports (alma mater)

4) UB Bulls (grad alma mater)

Someone please give me something sharp to stick in my eye.

But hey, if I was a New England sports fan it would look like this:

1) NE Patriots for the last 3 years

2) Boston Celtics in the years 1957, 1959-1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986 but I don't follow them anymore

3) Boston Bruins in the years 1928, 1938, 1940, 1969, 1971 but I don't follow them either

4) Boston Red Sox since 1918! Yankees suck!

RunTheBall