Pass the Pipe

Could Willis have done better than the 3.8 YPC A-Train average against the worst rush defense in the NFL, if not one of the worst rushing defenses in NFL history?  You bet.

834607[/snapback]

Could Miller have won last night instead of Biron? You bet. Again, common sense is leaving this place quickly. Thomas was terrific. McGahee would have done at least as well.

Thomas did a nice job, considering the colts had 10 players in the box all game.  It sure would be nice to use willis/atrain  as a 1-2 punch and not constantly hear we should get rid of willis. Why not use them both?

834631[/snapback]

Because you're not allowed to like them both; you have to pick one and hate on the other. At least, I think that's somewhere in our Terms of Service...

[/sarcasm]

Does anybody think Willis would have had a better game than the A-Train did today? I don't and the A-Train can even pick-up a blitz or two as well. Add another wasted pick to Mr. Donahoe's already long list.

834594[/snapback]

Willis could have done better, but he wouldn't have. When Levy took over one of the things he said they were looking for were people who the game of football was important to. Willis ain't that guy, he's a gifted flake who shows up for work when he wants to, where he wants to and plays hard when he feels like it.

I'm a 'Canes fan and I've told the story before about the relationship between Clinton Portis and McGahee, but it bears repeating. Portis is nowhere near the talent McGahee is and he's every bit as odd, but Portis is a competitor. He intimidated and belittled McGahee into a backup role, and then all the way down to fullback and the staff thought his psyche was so shot he'd never recover. McGahee got lucky because Portis left early and the then incredible Frank Gore got hurt in the same offseason and McGahee had no competition for the job and managed to rebuild his confidence in an ideal competition-free situation. He is NOT a competitor, he doesn't care about the game, he shows poor football intelligence and intangibles and until proven otherwise he is nothing more than a guy who had his career saved by a medical miracle only to somehow take it for granted and settle for being average. It's a shame because you WANT him to be that great story, you want to root for the guy, but he's just not that guy.

Because you're not allowed to like them both; you have to pick one and hate on the other. At least, I think that's somewhere in our Terms of Service...

[/sarcasm]

834642[/snapback]

Polarize the fans by having them take sides? I like that. We should try that w/ the QB position...

Could Willis have done better than the 3.8 YPC A-Train average against the worst rush defense in the NFL, if not one of the worst rushing defenses in NFL history?  You bet.

834607[/snapback]

I bet huh? Yeah because Willis' career average ypc is so phenomenally high. As in best RB in the NFL high. Willis is a loser who takes plays off (from my view in my living room). I've never seen a player look like he's two completely different RBs in the same game. Here comes the OL sucks blah blah blah, but even backs like Grandmama (LJ) have huge games with suspect O-lines. Willis is just not a game breaker and he's gonna want to be paid like a superstar though he's not.

I bet huh? Yeah because Willis' career average ypc is so phenomenally high. As in best RB in the NFL high. Willis is a loser who takes plays off (from my view in my living room). I've never seen a player look like he's two completely different RBs in the same game. Here comes the OL sucks blah blah blah, but even backs like Grandmama (LJ) have huge games with suspect O-lines. Willis is just not a game breaker and he's gonna want to be paid like a superstar though he's not.

834722[/snapback]

I do like Thomas' straightforward running style. Not much lateral movement there, and maybe that helps in terms of gutting out some tough yards @ times.

834722[/snapback]

The difference Damon Huard had 11 tds and 1 int coming into this week. Defenses at least had to respect the threat of the chiefs passing game. Losman well he struggles to throw for 100 yards a game. It's difficult to run when teams do not respect your passing game at all.

Polarize the fans by having them take sides?  I like that.  We should try that w/ the QB position...

834715[/snapback]

0:)

Coulda had Dallas Clark with that pick, BADOL...

...sigh...

(Then again, maybe he would've been the one trying to block Freeney on the most important play of the game, no?)

:P

Coulda had Dallas Clark with that pick, BADOL...

...sigh...

(Then again, maybe he would've been the one trying to block Freeney on the most important play of the game, no?)

834729[/snapback]

No, there were no other good players left when the Bills pick came up. :w00t:

I know it's easy to look back and second guess draft picks, but what are the odds of drafting a guy who tears three knee ligaments, having him make a full recovery, and then finding out he lacks the desire to succeed. 0:)