Favorite Wrestler

how come so many wrestlers are dead? rick rude, big boss man, van ericson brothers, owen hart, andre the giant, mr. perfect .... heck even Miss Elizabeth is dead

832298[/snapback]

Asidse from Andre & Owen Hart, I believe everyone else you mentioned died from drug overdoses. Although I am unsure about the Big Boss Man.

I believe Andre just died of natural causes. Whereas Owen Hart was killed while doing a stunt as The Blue Blazer.

If I also remember correctly, I think that Dino Bravo was killed in a shooting incident.

So many tragedies have happened to these people.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come so many wrestlers are dead? rick rude, big boss man, van ericson brothers, owen hart, andre the giant, mr. perfect .... heck even Miss Elizabeth is dead

832298[/snapback]

Rude died of heart failure from a GHB overdose

Bossman- heart attack he was a big guy so I dont know if it was drugs.

Kerry Von Erich died from suicide, from fearing going to jail for violating his prohbation for cocaine posession. Self inflicted gun shot wound .44 caliber to the chest at his fathers ranch. The gun was a christmas present to his father the year prior to his death.

Mike von erich- On April 12, 1987, he left a suicide note for his family, wrapped himself in a sleeping bag, then committed suicide by overdosing on the tranquilizer Placidyl. He was 23 years old.

Chris Von Erich- Frustrated and depressed over the deaths of his brothers (Mike in particular, whom he idolized) along with his inability to excel in the wrestling business, Chris shot himself in the head on September 12, 1991 at the age of 21

Owen Hart- freak accident during a stunt at a ppv.

Andre the giant- build up of fluid in his chest leading to congestive heart failure. Little known Andre Factoid: Was offered an NFL contract by the Washington Redskins in 1974. Turned it down, reason because he could make more money in pro wrestling.

Mr. Perfect- Cocaine overdose

Elizabeth- Drug overdose

Best tag team - The Bushwhackers.  I loved how they used to march around with their fists pumpin up and down.

The Undertaker.

832363[/snapback]

The Bushwhackers were better as the Sheep Herders in Mid-Atlantic wrestling. In the WWF they became just two clowns instead of two crazy dudes that people were afraid of.

How about this for a related thread?

Best and Worst Finishing Moves:

Worst Finishing Moves:

The Ho Train

The Garvin Stomp

The People's Elbow

Hogan's Leg drop

Best Finshing Moves:

Figure Four Leg Lock

The Pedigree

The Tombstone Pile Driver

The CLAW!

1) hogan--definitely one of the WORST pure wrestlers of all time. he was out of shape for most of his career and injured for all of it. Yes, he was out of shape... those 24" pythons were the work of steroids, so was the flab though. probably contributed to his injuries and lack of skillset. his persona and popularity far outweigh his downfalls though, so he's #1, and there really shouldn't be an argument about that.

2) Andre The Giant--He carried the WWWF from a regional promotion to a national promotion and set the seeds for the guys like hogan to explode the popularity. there would be no hogan if it weren't for andre, and i'm not even talking about their WMIII match. This guy was unstoppable, and he worked the last 10 or so years (including that aformentioned match) from a wheelchair... no, he didn't actually wrestle from a wheelchair, but he was stuck in one before and after. That wrestlemania match totally transcended the business. It was a passing of the torch moment, and comeback moment, and a shocking moment all in one. The only thing in sports that compares is probably super bowl 3 with naimath and the jets. no wwe today without andre, period. Oh yeah, about his wrestling skill... he pretty much sucked compared to the great technical wrestlers (hart, benoit, steamboat, etc). but he was a big guy and used slams, splashes, and big guy moves to perfection.

3) Rick Flair--Best ring persona ever and a damn good wrestler... the only thing that keeps him below hogan was the lack of mainstream press in the 80's... this dude survived a plane crash in the 1970's in order to tell us all that "the night time is the right time for stylin' and profilin'! WHOOOOOOO!"

4) Bret Hart--Best pure wrestler and best worker of all time. It's unfortunate what happened to his family and his career (his brother died in a freak rappelling accident, his career was Lafontained, and right after he suffered a stroke as a result of a bike accident)

special mention goes to the hot rod, rowdy roddy piper... not for his wrestling skill at all, not for his mic skills (he had both), but for They Live... One of the, if not the greatest "B" movie of all time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-3Fzfmf48DQ

that's a little sampling.

Chuck Healy????  Didn't he host the old women's bowling show, "Strikes, Spares, and Misses"?

832270[/snapback]

Chuck Healy also did the wrestling from the old Aud every Saturday at 6, right after Beat the Champ on Channel 4. Between Nin Angelo and Illio Di Paulo, Buffalo didn't need any more heroes.

That wrestlemania match totally transcended the business.  It was a passing of the torch moment, and comeback moment, and a shocking moment all in one.  The only thing in sports that compares is probably super bowl 3 with naimath and the jets.

832375[/snapback]

I agree and have finished out top 5 all time sports moments

1. Namath

2. Hogan Andre

3. 1980 Olympic Hockey

4. Robby Thompson's Home run

5. Lou Parkinson's "Luckiest Man Alive" speech

Two different folks.

Paul Orndorff ( mr.wonderful) played some pro-football as well.

Late in his career he torn a chest muscle and had one side of pecs removed, but still wrestled.

Man, that looked strange.

832148[/snapback]

Dorff? Dorff was the short guy from the Carol Burnett Show. He made fun of his own lack of height which is very sick.

The wrestler I'm talking about is Paul Orton. He went by Mr #1derful and his move was the pile driver.

Dorff?  Dorff was the short guy from the Carol Burnett Show.  He made fun of his own lack of height which is very sick.

The wrestler I'm talking about is Paul Orton.  He went by Mr #1derful and his move was the pile driver.

832386[/snapback]

Holy Wrestling Mix Ups, Batman!

Paul "Mr Wonderful" Orndorff was the pile drive guy.

http://www.cooldudesandhotbabes.com/orndorff.html

Bob "Cowboy" Orton was his and Roddy Piper's sidekick. Sometimes know as Piper's bodyguard, Ace:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Orton,_Jr.

His son Randy is a big name wrestler now.

Dorff?  Dorff was the short guy from the Carol Burnett Show.  He made fun of his own lack of height which is very sick.

The wrestler I'm talking about is Paul Orton.  He went by Mr #1derful and his move was the pile driver.

832386[/snapback]

Geeeeeeezus, you don't know your wrestling at all. You're thinking of Paul "Mr. Wonderfl" Ellering. He wasn't even a wrestler, actually....he was a manager of a tag team called the Fabulous Ones and he spelled "wonderfl" without the 'u' since he was based out of florida (FL).

S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones

Don "The Hawaiian Hammer" Maraco

Iron Mike Sharp

Kabuki (Maple Leaf Wrestling - CHCH-TV 11, right after Curling!)

Tony Atlas

...and my favorite "guy that got pummeled every week"-

RUDY DIAMOND

alright, that's it....I've tolerated four pages of this thread without a SINGLE mention of the GREATEST WRESTLER WHO EVER LIVED! I purposely left his name off my earlier list because I wanted to see how long it too for someone to give him his proper recognition.

KNEEL before the GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!