HUGE game Thursday night

smokinandjokin

In all honesty Ed, I hope Rutgers performs. I think you are a little over the top in the college football forum sometimes by saying Rutgers would beat every team in the nation, but I understand the excitement. I wouldn't say they've played the toughest schedule, but you have to beat the team that lines up across from you, and Rutgers has continued to do that every week. So good luck and enjoy the game, and just enjoy the ride. Rutgers is relevant on the national football stage, that alone is reason to celebrate. Pride in your team is one thing- but when you bombard everyone with "Rutgers is the best team ever" you have to expect a little pushback. Nonetheless, good luck and enjoy the game.

louisville will win, but i am holding out hope for rutgers.

why? a rutgers win would all but assure a better 1-loss team will make it into the national championship, instead of an undefeated, but undeserving louisville team.

830863[/snapback]

No thanks. Teams like Texas and Florida get slobbered over plenty. Let's have a new team get a crack at it. I hope Rutgers goes all the way to the NC.

So if Texas and Florida win out, and Michigan and Ohio State win out until their HUGE matchup

That will leave the winner of Michigan/Ohio State as clear #1

If Michigan beats Ohio State, I think the title game is a rematch. Can't put Texas above OSU (Sorry Blue) and Florida's loss was to Auburn which is ranked lower than Michigan

If Ohio State beats Michigan in a close game, I still think the title game is a rematch.

If Ohio State blows out Michigan, then I'd say Texas should get a rematch

So if Texas and Florida win out, and Michigan and Ohio State win out until their HUGE </u>matchup

That will leave the winner of Michigan/Ohio State as clear #1

If Michigan beats Ohio State, I think the title game is a rematch.  Can't put Texas above OSU (Sorry Blue) and Florida's loss was to Auburn which is ranked lower than Michigan

If Ohio State beats Michigan in a close game, I still think the title game is a rematch.

If Ohio State blows out Michigan, then I'd say Texas should get a rematch

831364[/snapback]

I think it is definitely between Texas and FL, but with FL's schedule I think they should get it. While I am a bias FL fan, I am also a realist and wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it. FL hasn't been playing like a championship team in a lot of their games, but with the schedule they have had and the way the BCS works (I am a vocal supporter of a playoff system), I really think the nod should go to FL.

Now, what happens if Rutgers wins out? As crazy as it would be, a win at WV to end the season has to put them in the top two, no?

I think it is definitely between Texas and FL, but with FL's schedule I think they should get it.  While I am a bias FL fan, I am also a realist and wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.  FL hasn't been playing like a championship team in a lot of their games, but with the schedule they have had and the way the BCS works (I am a vocal supporter of a playoff system), I really think the nod should go to FL.

831375[/snapback]

OMG I AM A BIG FLORIDA FAN, BUT IGNORE THAT, I LIKE FLORIDA!!!

THEY SHOULD GET THE BCS NOD CAUSE I LIKE FLORIDA BUT I'M IGNORING THAT I LIKE FLORIDA!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, i think that regardless of the outcome of the ohio-St. michigan game, the national title should be a rematch.

I hate, i mean i !@#$ing HATE the wolverines with a passion. But i think that if they run the table, then only lose to the #1 team, why should they be punished.

As for rutgers, they are a good team, but even with a win over WV, they dont deserve the title game. a BCS game, sure (they will get embarrassed), btu not the title game.

I'd argue the same thing for Texas though.

831609[/snapback]

as would i. but in my eyes, michigan is the better team.

This is exactly why the BCS sucks. Why should they get punished just because they lost a single game, to the #1 team in the nation, a game which by all rights they should lose. I love that louisville lost, because i root for the BCS to !@#$ someone every year. This year, it looks as if multiple teams will be !@#$ again.

OMG I AM A BIG FLORIDA FAN, BUT IGNORE THAT, I LIKE FLORIDA!!!

THEY SHOULD GET THE BCS NOD CAUSE I LIKE FLORIDA BUT I'M IGNORING THAT I LIKE FLORIDA!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

831500[/snapback]

I'm just calling it like I see it. Honestly, other than Ohio I don't think there is a single team that has played well enough to justify being champions. All the talking heads are giving nods to the winner of Cal and USC, but both of those teams have looked just as bad at times as the rest of the 1 loss teams.

At this point, I actually hope Rutgers does win out. While they certainly aren't championship material, I could at least root for the underdog team who played with heart all year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.