HUGE game Thursday night

smokinandjokin

In all honesty Ed, I hope Rutgers performs. I think you are a little over the top in the college football forum sometimes by saying Rutgers would beat every team in the nation, but I understand the excitement. I wouldn't say they've played the toughest schedule, but you have to beat the team that lines up across from you, and Rutgers has continued to do that every week. So good luck and enjoy the game, and just enjoy the ride. Rutgers is relevant on the national football stage, that alone is reason to celebrate. Pride in your team is one thing- but when you bombard everyone with "Rutgers is the best team ever" you have to expect a little pushback. Nonetheless, good luck and enjoy the game.

louisville will win, but i am holding out hope for rutgers.

why? a rutgers win would all but assure a better 1-loss team will make it into the national championship, instead of an undefeated, but undeserving louisville team.

830863[/snapback]

No thanks. Teams like Texas and Florida get slobbered over plenty. Let's have a new team get a crack at it. I hope Rutgers goes all the way to the NC.

So if Texas and Florida win out, and Michigan and Ohio State win out until their HUGE matchup

That will leave the winner of Michigan/Ohio State as clear #1

If Michigan beats Ohio State, I think the title game is a rematch. Can't put Texas above OSU (Sorry Blue) and Florida's loss was to Auburn which is ranked lower than Michigan

If Ohio State beats Michigan in a close game, I still think the title game is a rematch.

If Ohio State blows out Michigan, then I'd say Texas should get a rematch

So if Texas and Florida win out, and Michigan and Ohio State win out until their HUGE </u>matchup

That will leave the winner of Michigan/Ohio State as clear #1

If Michigan beats Ohio State, I think the title game is a rematch.  Can't put Texas above OSU (Sorry Blue) and Florida's loss was to Auburn which is ranked lower than Michigan

If Ohio State beats Michigan in a close game, I still think the title game is a rematch.

If Ohio State blows out Michigan, then I'd say Texas should get a rematch

831364[/snapback]

I think it is definitely between Texas and FL, but with FL's schedule I think they should get it. While I am a bias FL fan, I am also a realist and wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it. FL hasn't been playing like a championship team in a lot of their games, but with the schedule they have had and the way the BCS works (I am a vocal supporter of a playoff system), I really think the nod should go to FL.

Now, what happens if Rutgers wins out? As crazy as it would be, a win at WV to end the season has to put them in the top two, no?

I think it is definitely between Texas and FL, but with FL's schedule I think they should get it.  While I am a bias FL fan, I am also a realist and wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.  FL hasn't been playing like a championship team in a lot of their games, but with the schedule they have had and the way the BCS works (I am a vocal supporter of a playoff system), I really think the nod should go to FL.

831375[/snapback]

OMG I AM A BIG FLORIDA FAN, BUT IGNORE THAT, I LIKE FLORIDA!!!

THEY SHOULD GET THE BCS NOD CAUSE I LIKE FLORIDA BUT I'M IGNORING THAT I LIKE FLORIDA!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, i think that regardless of the outcome of the ohio-St. michigan game, the national title should be a rematch.

I hate, i mean i !@#$ing HATE the wolverines with a passion. But i think that if they run the table, then only lose to the #1 team, why should they be punished.

As for rutgers, they are a good team, but even with a win over WV, they dont deserve the title game. a BCS game, sure (they will get embarrassed), btu not the title game.

I'd argue the same thing for Texas though.

831609[/snapback]

as would i. but in my eyes, michigan is the better team.

This is exactly why the BCS sucks. Why should they get punished just because they lost a single game, to the #1 team in the nation, a game which by all rights they should lose. I love that louisville lost, because i root for the BCS to !@#$ someone every year. This year, it looks as if multiple teams will be !@#$ again.

OMG I AM A BIG FLORIDA FAN, BUT IGNORE THAT, I LIKE FLORIDA!!!

THEY SHOULD GET THE BCS NOD CAUSE I LIKE FLORIDA BUT I'M IGNORING THAT I LIKE FLORIDA!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

831500[/snapback]

I'm just calling it like I see it. Honestly, other than Ohio I don't think there is a single team that has played well enough to justify being champions. All the talking heads are giving nods to the winner of Cal and USC, but both of those teams have looked just as bad at times as the rest of the 1 loss teams.

At this point, I actually hope Rutgers does win out. While they certainly aren't championship material, I could at least root for the underdog team who played with heart all year.

Another huge difference - it was the first week of the season, not the last.

831768[/snapback]

I get your point, it was early (actually week 2 as you know.) And we know the history of the BCS, it's always better to lose early rather than late. However, what if Michigan beats OSU? Then, assuming Notre Dame wins out, the Irish will only have one loss to the #1 team, which occurred in week 3. Do they deserve a rematch? No, they lost at home. Auburn only lost once to a highly rated Arkansas team, but it was at home.

In my opinion, take care of the homefield if you are the National Champ.

If there are a bunch of one-loss teams, I think Florida gets the nod over the rest because they come out of by far the toughest conference, and they will have only lost once- a very close game at Auburn (the 10-point margin of victory occurred with Florida trying a last gasp play at 0:00 down by 3, which was fumbled and returned for a TD.) Plus, they will have won a VERY difficult conference title game at a neutral site.

I get your point, it was early (actually week 2 as you know.)  And we know the history of the BCS, it's always better to lose early rather than late.  However, what if Michigan beats OSU?  Then, assuming Notre Dame wins out, the Irish will only have one loss to the #1 team, which occurred in week 3.  Do they deserve a rematch?  No, they lost at home.  Auburn only lost once to a highly rated Arkansas team, but it was at home.

In my opinion, take care of the homefield if you are the National Champ. 

If there are a bunch of one-loss teams, I think Florida gets the nod over the rest because they come out of by far the toughest conference, and they will have only lost once- a very close game at Auburn (the 10-point margin of victory occurred with Florida trying a last gasp play at 0:00 down by 3, which was fumbled and returned for a TD.)  Plus, they will have won a VERY difficult conference title game at a neutral site.

831781[/snapback]

Honestly, no matter what my drunk self was typing at 2AM last night (lol), I wouldn't have a problem with Florida getting the nod over us, and I do think that there are very good arguments for why they'd deserve it over Texas.

I think its the timing of a Michigan - Ohio State rematch which turns me off to it.

I like the idea of an Ohio State - Team Up North rematch in Glendale, but I also believe that there would be a great hue and cry from all of the other deserving schools (and yes, I would include Rutgers now, but only if they run the table).

So, I think it would probably be Ohio State - Florida, or possibly a third Buckeyes - Longhorns Winner Take All Rematch.

I like the idea of an Ohio State - Team Up North rematch in Glendale, but I also believe that there would be a great hue and cry from all of the other deserving schools (and yes, I would include Rutgers now, but only if they run the table).

So, I think it would probably be Ohio State - Florida, or possibly a third Buckeyes - Longhorns Winner Take All Rematch.

831903[/snapback]

The one team that I'm not hearing much about is USC, and looking at their schedule, how could you say if they win out that they aren't just as deserving as Florida or my Longhorns?

The one team that I'm not hearing much about is USC, and looking at their schedule, how could you say if they win out that they aren't just as deserving as Florida or my Longhorns?

831907[/snapback]

They would be right in the thick of it. Their SOS should jump with the quality of their last four opponents, and if they win out, things could fall in their favor. They are 7th in computer avg right now, and Florida is 5th. Florida's SOS won't move much at the end of the reg season, but a big SEC final against Auburn or Arkansas should help them.

I can imagine the horror in Idaho if Boise State goes undefeated but is left out, and USC plays in the title game, because BSU demolished Oregon State 42-14. If USC runs the table, OSU would be their one loss.

Honestly, no matter what my drunk self was typing at 2AM last night (lol), I wouldn't have a problem with Florida getting the nod over us, and I do think that there are very good arguments for why they'd deserve it over Texas.

I think its the timing of a Michigan - Ohio State rematch which turns me off to it.

831875[/snapback]

I'd have a problem with florida getting in! And not just because i am an FSU homer. ;)

I've seen a lot fo florida this year, and the team just doesnt look that good. Their only loss (so far, until Nov 25th) was against a good auburn team, but in a lot of their games, they havent looked championship quality. I guess you could say that about a lot of teams, but florida just hasnt looked very spectacular this season. If they win out are they top 5? definitely. Top 2, Methinks otherwise.

I'd have a problem with florida getting in! And not just because i am an FSU homer.  ;)

I've seen a lot fo florida this year, and the team just doesnt look that good. Their only loss (so far, until Nov 25th) was against a good auburn team, but in a lot of their games, they havent looked championship quality. I guess you could say that about a lot of teams, but florida just hasnt looked very spectacular this season. If they win out are they top 5? definitely. Top 2, Methinks otherwise.

832427[/snapback]

This is what i said earlier, but IMO their isn't a clear cut number 2 team. Besides the one loss that all the teams will have, none of them have looked like champions in every game. Many of the top teams have looked flat out bad.

FL has had the toughest schedule in the league this year. I don't like the BCS, and wish that a playoff system could be figured out, but how things are decided now I don't see another team that deserves it more than FL.

As a FL fan I will flat out say that on their own merits they do not deserve to be playing for the championship. They just aren't good enough yet. But that doesn't mean I don't think that based on their SOS and how everyone else has played this year, that they don't deserve to be ranked number 2.

This is what i said earlier, but IMO their isn't a clear cut number 2 team.  Besides the one loss that all the teams will have, none of them have looked like champions in every game.  Many of the top teams have looked flat out bad.

FL has had the toughest schedule in the league this year.  I don't like the BCS, and wish that a playoff system could be figured out, but how things are decided now I don't see another team that deserves it more than FL.

As a FL fan I will flat out say that on their own merits they do not deserve to be playing for the championship.  They just aren't good enough yet.  But that doesn't mean I don't think that based on their SOS and how everyone else has played this year, that they don't deserve to be ranked number 2.

832439[/snapback]

Florida doesnt deserve it if for no other reason that tim tebow's fag little fairy hop TD pass a few weeks ago. A team with a QB that looks that faggy doesnt dererve a shot at the title.

FL has had the toughest schedule in the league this year. 

As a FL fan I will flat out say that on their own merits they do not deserve to be playing for the championship.  They just aren't good enough yet.  But that doesn't mean I don't think that based on their SOS and how everyone else has played this year, that they don't deserve to be ranked number 2.

832439[/snapback]

Not according to the NCAA regarding your schedule.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/toughe...9games_cumm.pdf

1. Cincinnati

2. Minnesota

3. UConn

4. Michigan

5 South Carolina

6. USC

7. Florida

8. Tennessee

9. (tie) Texas, Oklahoma State

Not according to the NCAA regarding your schedule.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/toughe...9games_cumm.pdf

1. Cincinnati

2. Minnesota

3. UConn

4. Michigan

5 South Carolina

6. USC

7. Florida

8. Tennessee

9. (tie) Texas, Oklahoma State

832585[/snapback]

That's because FL opponents spend all year beating each other up. You can't judge strength of schedule based just off the win-loss record of the other teams. Most of the SEC's losses come against each other.

Now, as I"m writing this FL may be making this discussion pointless.

EDIT:

Phew...thank god that monkey is off our backs.

Florida doesnt deserve it if for no other reason that tim tebow's fag little fairy hop TD pass a few weeks ago. A team with a QB that looks that faggy doesnt dererve a shot at the title.

832509[/snapback]

Hey, just cause those morons up north seem to fall down at the mere sight of an opposing football team this year, don't blame UF.

Hey, just cause those morons up north seem to fall down at the mere sight of an opposing football team this year, don't blame UF.

832622[/snapback]

At least our QB isnt a little fairy fag boy, liek tebow.

And spurrier won you guys another one with that pathetic excuse for playcalling on the final drive. Dont come away thinking you guys won today. South carolina handed that game to you guys.

At least our QB isnt a little fairy fag boy, liek tebow.

And spurrier won you guys another one with that pathetic excuse for playcalling on the final drive. Dont come away thinking you guys won today. South carolina handed that game to you guys.

832624[/snapback]

That's cool. As long as my faggy QB is actually scoring TD's and my team is actually winning games, I don't mind how they go about it.

Hey....remember when FSU was good? Those were the days...huh?

That's because FL opponents spend all year beating each other up.  You can't judge strength of schedule based just off the win-loss record of the other teams.  Most of the SEC's losses come against each other.

Now, as I"m writing this FL may be making this discussion pointless.

EDIT:

Phew...thank god that monkey is off our backs.

832618[/snapback]

So you'd prefer a more subjective ranking?

How about CBS Sportsline's, which has Florida 5, Michigan 14, Texas 16 in the country.

Not a ton of difference.

That's cool.  As long as my faggy QB is actually scoring TD's and my team is actually winning games, I don't mind how they go about it.

Hey....remember when FSU was good?  Those were the days...huh?

832629[/snapback]

todays win only extended your title *hopes* for another 2 weeks. dont cry too hard when you wake up on the 26th after we spank you.

The X-man is gonna tear you guys a new one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.