Boo-hoo, poor Rodney Harrison

ACor58

He doesn't so screw his cheap ass!!!!!!!!!!    :D  <_<  :P

829326[/snapback]

maybe this should be on another thread but,i like the rodney question and i'll take it a step further........who was the dirtiest bill that we "had to root for" cause he was in a bills uniform but if he was on any other team we would hate him...i am talking "dirty player" not rob johnson or players that just sucked that were hard to root for.....

maybe this should be on another thread but,i like the rodney question and i'll take it a step further........who was the dirtiest bill that we "had to root for" cause he was in a bills uniform but if he was on any other team we would hate him...i am talking "dirty player" not rob johnson or players that just sucked that were hard to root for.....

830154[/snapback]

Conrad Dobler surely had the rep. I saw a lot more of Harrison's career and have always considered him a piece of **** due to the BS he does after the whistle is blown, a "habit" that has made him the most penalized cheap shot artist of the modern game. The real question for me about his historical place among others at his position is this- would Rodney Harrison be as "effective" as he has been had he not been willing to ignore many of the whistles he's heard over the course of his career, leading to his historical lead among all NFL players at being flagged for personal foul calls?

830154[/snapback]

How about Gabe Northern or Leonard Smith?

I would not wish injury on anyone, expect that cheap shot taking late hit making Rodney Harrison. Did anyone see the way tackled Marvin Harrison by his face mask on the play? Serves the dirtiest player in the NFL right.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/foot...cker/index.html

829293[/snapback]

The only other person besides Tom Brady that I've wished injury on is Rodney Harrison.

I hope he gets his schlong ripped off by an angry gorilla.

How about Gabe Northern or Leonard Smith?

830185[/snapback]

Leonard Smith was an extremely punishing player/hitter. He was nowhere near the cheap shot artist RH is. Conrad Dobler on the other was dirty, and he will be the first to tell you so. He hid nothing.

A first-ballot HOF'er who's one of the toughest and most savvy players to ever step on a field. Get well soon Rodney cuz regardless of what shirt you're wearing, I love watching you do your thing.

Harrison for President!!!

829342[/snapback]

Your sarcasm is amazing!!!!!  <_<  :D  :P

829439[/snapback]

Except he's not BEING sarcastic.

What made Gabe Northern a Harrison-like player?

They both wore shoes?

I saw a lot more of Harrison's career and have always considered him a piece of **** due to the BS he does after the whistle is blown,

The lord gave us elbows and knees for a reason!

Except he's not BEING sarcastic.

:doh:

They both wore shoes?

The lord gave us elbows and knees for a reason!

830316[/snapback]

Judgement of whether his MO is to play "through" the whistle or "past" the whistle is likely influenced by your history as a DB; or maybe mine as a WR ;-)

Leonard Smith was an extremely punishing player/hitter.  He was nowhere near the cheap shot artist RH is.  Conrad Dobler on the other was dirty, and he will be the first to tell you so. He hid nothing.

830255[/snapback]

Except perhaps the tongue depressors he taped to his thumbs to help him gouge inside the facemasks of Defensive Linemen more effectively.

Judgement of whether his MO is to play "through" the whistle or "past" the whistle is likely influenced by your history as a DB; or maybe mine as a WR ;-)

830424[/snapback]

Perspective is everything.

I have no illusions about his willingness to play beyond the whistle but the reason I hold him in a separate category than the Andre Waters' and Henry Thomas' of the world is that the damage done by his vicious tackling is more mental than physical. You just never see guys (HinesWard playing the part of the rule-proving exception) trying to pick up free yards when he's in the neighborhood. Or celebrating around him. Or attacking the ball without regard to thier peripheral vision.

Receivers are content to just catch the ball with their body and dig a hole as fast as they can. And I like that;-)

Rodney Harrison = Darrius Kasparitis Harrison is the first to get you after the whistle or with a cheap shot during the play, and he'll be the first one to put his hands in the air and act like he was just kneeling there praying when called on it.