man eats 2,000 pills in just 6 months

Limbaugh loses appeal in court

Medical records under seal

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh's medical records in late November and early December of 2003. Authorities also seized Limbaugh's prescription records from several drugstores from which Limbaugh obtained 2,000 pills over six months, prosecutors said.

more

Averaging out to just over 15 pills per day!

So what?

You really are a great example of the LCD when it comes to political opinions.  Is there anything that is too mindless for you to jump onto?  I doubt it.

59715[/snapback]

...because I don't buy into your neo-conservative crap? Rush has made his living jumping all over every little thing he can spin to make others look foolish. This is karma coming back to bite him in his big fat ass. The hypocrite should go to jail.

...because I don't buy into your neo-conservative crap?  Rush has made his living jumping all over every little thing he can spin to make others look foolish.  This is karma coming back to bite him in his big fat ass.  The hypocrite should go to jail.

60007[/snapback]

Yeah, nothing better than a bunch of non-violent drug attics sitting around getting 3 squares at tax payer expense. If the name was changed from Limbaugh to Frankin, I somehow doubt your venom would be so "at the ready."

We're not talking about the average drug addict on the street here, we're talking about Rush. Out of one side of his fat mouth he talks about good clean conservative family values contrasted against all the evil liberals with their filthy lifestyles that are bringing down our society. Into the other side he's popping 15 illegal pills daily while trying to figure out who wife #4 should be. Frankin is as bad in some respects, but I don't see him engaging in illegal activities and preaching against the very things he does in his daily life.

Rush is Right...HYPOCRITE!!!

We're not talking about the average drug addict on the street here, we're talking about Rush.  Out of one side of his fat mouth he talks about good clean conservative family values contrasted against all the evil liberals with their filthy lifestyles that are bringing down our society.  Into the other side he's popping 15 illegal pills daily while trying to figure out who wife #4 should be.  Frankin is as bad in some respects, but I don't see him engaging in illegal activities and preaching against the very things he does in his daily life.

Rush is Right...HYPOCRITE!!!

60146[/snapback]

Thanks for proving my point.

Man, all I see you do is sit on the fence and jump all over anybody who you don't agree with.  You have good takes once in a while.  Take a stand!  What do you think of this?  Who are you voting for?  Why are you defending Limbaugh?

60154[/snapback]

I'm not defending Limbaugh. I don't like him. I'm simply not going to pile on a guy who's a substance abuser because I don't agree with his politics. I don't get any perverse pleasure from wallowing in some entertainment hack's personal misery.

You're nothing more than a typical parrot, who repeats the same B.S. that they see everyday in the media (or this board). I don't take stands? That's more than a little funny. The liberals here can repeat that pile of stevestojan another million times and it doesn't lend it one shred of credibility.

As for who I'm voting for, I'd say that's pretty much none of your business.

Geez, Buckner's Glove...

You will speak of Rush Limbaugh with humble respect or you can get a life right now!

Sure he goes thru wives like toilet paper yet lectures about the moral fabric of society.

Sure he said of drug users "lock 'em up and throw away the key" yet abuses a form of herion.

Sure he said the poor are like pigs suckling off the mother pig yet spent nearly a year living off unemployment.

Sure he said the right to privacy is non-existent yet argues he has a right to privacy once the government demanded to inspect his medical records.

Sure he hates slimey trial lawyers yet hired slimey trial lawyer numero uno, Roy Black, for his drug scandal.

But all those examples are just paradoxical coincidence, not blatant hypocrisy.

Get a friggin' life, friggin' liberal scum...

I'm not defending Limbaugh.  I don't like him.  I'm simply not going to pile on a guy who's a substance abuser because I don't agree with his politics.  I don't get any perverse pleasure from wallowing in some entertainment hack's personal misery. 

You're nothing more than a typical parrot, who repeats the same B.S. that they see everyday in the media (or this board).  I don't take stands?  That's more than a little funny.  The liberals here can repeat that pile of stevestojan another million times and it doesn't lend it one shred of credibility.

As for who I'm voting for, I'd say that's pretty much none of your business.

60170[/snapback]

I'm a parrot? Typical non-committal response. I've never seen anyone say that you don't take stands - I came up with it all on my own! :rolleyes: That's right, my very own original take that was not spoon-fed to me by CNN or the PPP board on TBD! I'm gonna call my mom now and let her know.

Come out of the closet, AD...you love Dubya and you know it!

Limbaugh loses appeal in court

Medical records under seal

Prosecutors seized Limbaugh's medical records in late November and early December of 2003. Authorities also seized Limbaugh's prescription records from several drugstores from which Limbaugh obtained 2,000 pills over six months, prosecutors said.

more

Averaging out to just over 15 pills per day!

59659[/snapback]

another compasionate liberal. No real surprise. :D

another compasionate liberal. No real surprise. :D

61061[/snapback]

This holds weight because Rush is so.......

.......compassionate?!

Compassion begets compassion. When Rush displays some, the rest of the world can sing his sorrows.

If he got over his drug problem and renounced some of the things he said about others with drug problems, it would be one thing. The liberal vantage point is that in this situation Limbaugh is pretty much the blackest pot to ever take aim at a kettle.

Geez, Buckner's Glove...

You will speak of Rush Limbaugh with humble respect or you can get a life right now!

Sure he goes thru wives like toilet paper yet lectures about the moral fabric of society.

Sure he said of drug users "lock 'em up and throw away the key" yet abuses a form of herion.

Sure he said the poor are like pigs suckling off the mother pig yet spent nearly a year living off unemployment.

Sure he said the right to privacy is non-existent yet argues he has a right to privacy once the government demanded to inspect his medical records.

Sure he hates slimey trial lawyers yet hired slimey trial lawyer numero uno, Roy Black, for his drug scandal.

But all those examples are just paradoxical coincidence, not blatant hypocrisy.

Get a friggin' life, friggin' liberal scum...

60179[/snapback]

I'm interested in your theories and would like to subscribe to your newsletter :D

Limbaugh is a public figure and a political partisan, he is not simply an entertainer. I think that on that basis, his private life is fair game when it comes to something like breaking the law. He is a very public critic of the personal lives and choices of others so I see no reason for him to be shielded from the same type of attack that is his bread and butter.

On the other hand, Rush Limbaugh is a human being and to treat him with a complete lack of compassion for his situation is to sink to his level. He should be proesecuted under the law no more vigorously than anyone else who committed the same crime (allegedly). You can deplore whatever hypocrisy there is on his part and still wish him the best in recovering from his addiction.

What is being missed here is an opportunity to have a meaningful discussion of addiction and even legalization of some drugs. As bad or hypocritical as Rush's addiction and law breaking might be, I doubt anyone besides himself was personally hurt by his actions. All this effort spent on an essentially victimless crime seems wasteful enough to at least consider alternatives, even radical ones like legalization.

Having sympathy for people you like is easy. Sympathy for someone like Limbaugh is hard but it is probably a better measure of one's true compassion.

On the other hand, Rush Limbaugh is a human being and to treat him with a complete lack of compassion for his situation is to sink to his level.  He should be proesecuted under the law no more vigorously than anyone else who committed the same crime (allegedly).  You can deplore whatever hypocrisy there is on his part and still wish him the best in recovering from his addiction.

61408[/snapback]

I think that is crucial. It would just be nice to see him emerged a changed man who was interested in having the kind of discussion about the issue that you mention.

Limbaugh is a public figure and a political partisan, he is not simply an entertainer.  I think that on that basis, his private life is fair game when it comes to something like breaking the law.  He is a very public critic of the personal lives and choices of others so I see no reason for him to be shielded from the same type of attack that is his bread and butter. 

On the other hand, Rush Limbaugh is a human being and to treat him with a complete lack of compassion for his situation is to sink to his level.  He should be proesecuted under the law no more vigorously than anyone else who committed the same crime (allegedly).  You can deplore whatever hypocrisy there is on his part and still wish him the best in recovering from his addiction.

What is being missed here is an opportunity to have a meaningful discussion of addiction and even legalization of some drugs.  As bad or hypocritical as Rush's addiction and law breaking might be, I doubt anyone besides himself was personally hurt by his actions.  All this effort spent on an essentially victimless crime seems wasteful enough to at least consider alternatives, even radical ones like legalization. 

Having sympathy for people you like is easy.  Sympathy for someone like Limbaugh is hard but it is probably a better measure of one's true compassion.

61408[/snapback]

Well said Mickey however if somebody like Rush would, (after this is all over), begin to work towards a different solution for these essentially victimless crimes that would be a big help. The billions a year we spend on drug interdiction, incarceration costs for offenders, litigation, prosecution and court fees, etc. could be better spent on treatment for the addicts and education of the population.

My husband listens to Limbaugh and he told me that in the early days Limbaugh DID pile all over drug addicts but that he ceased doing so a few years ago...perhaps coincidentially with his own addiction.

He's a big fat hippo-crite but he's not stupid.

As a bit fat RICH hippo-crite he won't go to jail any more than Jeb's prescription-forging daughter. It's not like either of them is a poor junkie living on the streets or anything is it? We're expected to pity the former and condemn only the latter.

Neocons note: "sarcasm" was used in the creation of this post. So belay the exploding of heads.