Abortion Ban Rejected

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common sense?

Killing your baby is common sense?

829385[/snapback]

Natrually I wouldn't expect someone as effin stupid as you to understand about the no exception part. Go back to regurgitating your bullet points since you are incapable of original thought.

Killing a bill that allows no exceptions is common sense.  It's amazing that this has to be explained.

829387[/snapback]

So murder is ok with exceptions? If you are raped or violated by incest you have the right to murder an innocent life? Makes no sense.

So murder is ok with exceptions? If you are raped or violated by incest you have the right to murder an innocent life? Makes no sense.

830072[/snapback]

Way to make a decision for someone who was raped or violated by incest :D Yes, you can have exceptions to murder. Ever hear of self defense?

830072[/snapback]

How about this: does a rapist or person who violates another via incest have any right to bring a life into the world?

I don't think so.

Natrually I wouldn't expect someone as effin stupid as you to understand about the no exception part.  Go back to regurgitating your bullet points since you are incapable of original thought.

829517[/snapback]

:D<_<:P

But, really, isn't this one of the biggerConservative defeats in the nation? Conservative South Dakota rejects an abortion measure. I bet this is a bigger shock to the fundies than Foley and that Gay Preacher. This has been a staple issue for them.

I think an anti-Gay amendment was defeated in Arizona or someplace, too

This whole debate will come down to a persons morals. My stance: rape, incest .. etc is terrible. Yet that does not mean you should have the right to take away that childs life because of something his *father* did. That would be like you being born, your father murders another person, and you being executed for his mistakes. Thats a terrible thing to put on someone. << that is MY stance.

Also. I find it humerous that a network will run an AD (if your in Rochester you probably have seen it) ... talking about how 500,000 babies are born pre-mature each year and are at risk of dying, so we need to participate in the march of dimes to limit the ammount of babies dying ... yet their have been over 50 million babies aborted since the 1970's and no mention of that.

Personally I dont see it as a womans right. I dont think ANYONE should have the right to take away a life. Woman or Man. You were given the right to live by God .. and he should be the only one to take it away.

Jesus loves you all, and my heart breaks for each person who was aborted and not given the chance to live what could have been an extremely promising life.

Way to make a decision for someone who was raped or violated by incest  :doh:  Yes, you can have exceptions to murder.  Ever hear of self defense?

830076[/snapback]

Self-defense of the unborn? You forget that someone dies in the process. It's not self-defense to kill innocent life. As your mom used to tell you, "2 wrongs don't make a right."

How about this: does a rapist or person who violates another via incest have any right to bring a life into the world?

I don't think so.

830078[/snapback]

So someone has to die because of their transgression that doesn't involve the death of the rapist? You have to admit, such logic is fallacious at best, very dumb at worst.

We are not talking about the life of the rapist, but the innocent life that did nothing to die. What happened to the right to live for the innocent?

Oh, and by the way, more women have psychological stress disorders after having the abortion than bringing the baby to term. It's a proven fact that most women deal better with a child from the product of rape (as the baby is a comfort), than the horror that they killed their baby which is innocent. It's just a fact.

The vast majority of women suffer from incredible psychological trauma after an abortion. I should know, I've seen it first-hand and it's very sad.

So someone has to die because of their transgression that doesn't involve the death of the rapist? You have to admit, such logic is fallacious at best, very dumb at worst.

We are not talking about the life of the rapist, but the innocent life that did nothing to die. What happened to the right to live for the innocent?

Oh, and by the way, more women have psychological stress disorders after having the abortion than bringing the baby to term. It's a proven fact that most women deal better with a child from the product of rape (as the baby is a comfort), than the horror that they killed their baby which is innocent. It's just a fact.

The vast majority of women suffer from incredible psychological trauma after an abortion. I should know, I've seen it first-hand and it's very sad.

830391[/snapback]

Can you please provide real evidence of the facts you stated? Just asking. I assume you have witnessed thousands of women who have terminated a pregnancy since you stated you have seen first hand the psychological trauma caused by abortions.

830391[/snapback]

See, first of all, there is NO concensus on when a fertilized egg actually becomes "life." I know I'm talking to a brick wall here, but what makes you think that you have the correct answers and other people just don't and that you need to force your beliefs on other people? Abortion is a choice; life is full of individual choices for which we each have to deal with the consequences. Don't pretend with this gambit of 'saving them from themselves.'

Legally, this was decided back in 1973 with the 'Don't want to have an abortion? Don't have one' option. The law needs to work for both sides, and the definition of 'murder' is just too important to be doing it willy-nilly, state-by-state, which is why it went to the Supreme Court. Why don't we have a national referendum then? (But you don't want that, b/c polls show that you would be defeated ~70-30). If this latest crap passes, what's next? Tell me. Because they'll need something else to talk about. Will it be that plastic surgery is immoral? Will women be forced to wear burquas? Must everyone wear brown head-to-toe on Wednesdays? Will men not be able to get vasectomies b/c there's all of those innocent lives dying right there in their nut sacks?

This whole debate will come down to a persons morals. My stance: rape, incest .. etc is terrible. Yet that does not mean you should have the right to take away that childs life because of something his *father* did. That would be like you being born, your father murders another person, and you being executed for his mistakes. Thats a terrible thing to put on someone. << that is MY stance.

Also. I find it humerous that a network will run an AD (if your in Rochester you probably have seen it) ... talking about how 500,000 babies are born pre-mature each year and are at risk of dying, so we need to participate in the march of dimes to limit the ammount of babies dying ... yet their have been over 50 million babies aborted since the 1970's and no mention of that.

Personally I dont see it as a womans right. I dont think ANYONE should have the right to take away a life. Woman or Man. You were given the right to live by God .. and he should be the only one to take it away.

Jesus loves you all, and my heart breaks for each person who was aborted and not given the chance to live what could have been an extremely promising life.

830366[/snapback]

My question would be, what if someone doesn't believe in God? Why should they have to abide by your religious belief?

Self-defense of the unborn? You forget that someone dies in the process. It's not self-defense to kill innocent life. As your mom used to tell you, "2 wrongs don't make a right."

830389[/snapback]

I would love to here your definition of when life begins. I am well aware of what goes on in the process of an abortion. I am not jumping up and down encouraging women to have one. I don't feel it's anyones place or business on telling them what they can and cannot do. Especially when nobody on the outside has any clue of the circumstances.

If you actually believe this, there is no point in even trying to argue.

830366[/snapback]

I just don't believe that. Your life was brought into being by the cooperation of two people. God doesn't fertilize an egg, God doesn't take women by force and FORCE a CHILD onto someone's life who is unwilling. How is it fair to FORCE a woman to have a child out of rape or incest, to force even more trauma on a woman and completely change the direction of their life by either making her give up a child (not as easy a decision as it's made out to be) or to raise it -- an investment of more than 20 years? I'm sorry. It's completely unethical.

I'm not saying those are always the wrong options. But I believe in the choice. And I definitely don't believe it's the domain of men to decide this for women. Ask yourself, would you force any woman in your family to have a child that was forced upon them? Anyone you love?

There are too many children right now who aren't being given the best life can offer them. I'm in no rush to put even more of them out there.