A-Train should start

inkman

Who was that who predicted the WM bashers would come out in droves? Come on; these same WM bashers are probably the same ones who ran Travis out of town as well. Fans on this board are so critical and are quick to throw punches or pull plugs. I mean look just look at the talk the past 2,3 weeks:

• We want our 1st rd QB who has 16 starts pulled for a career backup.

• Schoebel is overrated and just get coverage sacks

• Spikes is declared washed up 2 games back after coming of major Achilles injury plus hamstring pull.

• Lee Evans can’t make it as a number one WR; we should have kept Moulds

• Nate is garbage.

• Both of our young safeties aren't all pro's

We are suppose to defend our good players to an extent and let other fans do the bashing. I'll bet the Pats fan are as quick to label Bruschii as being washed up!

826539[/snapback]

You're wrong! I always liked Travis for what he was, a loyal, hard nosed RB who hit the holes.

I've never liked WM for what he is, an over-hyped pre-madonna who will never be this 'great' RB he thinks he is. We did not miss a beat without him yesterday, and I wasn't the least bit suprised.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, i am shocked it took this long for the willis bashers to come out in full force.

A-train played well in place of willis yesterday. The line did a good job of run blocking. Willis would have put up the same numbers A-train did if he wasnt hurt.

826651[/snapback]

Right, and Willis would have made that diving end-zone play to get the TD right?

You're wrong!  I always liked Travis for what he was, a loyal, hard nosed RB who hit the holes.

I've never liked WM for what he is, an over-hyped pre-madonna who will never be this 'great' RB he thinks he is.  We did not miss a beat without him yesterday, and I wasn't the least bit suprised.

826778[/snapback]

I agree. I like Willis but now is the time where we see if he is everything that he thinks he is. If Anthony Thomas starts ripping off some solid games than its time to see what the trade market has to offer Willis next year and draft another back in the 3rd round or so.

McGahee: 3.8 ypc

Thomas: 4.8 ypc

McGahee has only went over 4 yards per carry in one game vs. the Jets. That's ONE GAME! Whenever it happens people blame the box from being crowded. Well what do you think the Packers were doing with the QB has only 100 yards passing?

McGahee wouldn't have done what Thomas did. There is no statistical evidence to back that up.

826728[/snapback]

But all of the WM lovers here (peter, where are you?) love to twist the stats around to find SOMETHING that says WM is the greatest.

I've been saying this since last season, WM is a has-been, and average on his best days.

Check this out from Chris Brown's blog at buffalobills.com -- this guy is a softy. If Marv were a smart GM, he would trade him ASAP while his value is still high. ;)

WILLIS: We won't know more on Willis until tomorrow afternoon probably, but it's a rib injury. No word on whether there are cracked ribs or broken ribs, but Willis was outside the locker room in street clothes and didn't appear to be too upset about being injured. I'd think if his ribs were broken or something he wouldn't be hanging out after the game. But like I said we'll find out more tomorrow hopefully.

But all of the WM lovers here (peter, where are you?) love to twist the stats around to find SOMETHING that says WM is the greatest.

I've been saying this since last season, WM is a has-been, and average on his best days.

826791[/snapback]

826791[/snapback]

I have been working buddy.

A-Train had a great game. I know that you do not want to hear this, but Willis only had four friggen carries before he got hurt. He and A-Train had the exact same rushing average after they each carried the ball four times.

It is nice to be able to have two very capable backs. I really do not undertand why some of you guys go way out of your way to trash WM. I have my theories.

By the way, if there was any doubt about whether WM is the better back, wouldn't you think that DJ would have started A-Train from the beginning of the season given that DJ drafted him in the first round in Chicago. Instead, DJ has been effusive in his praise for WM.

Check this out from Chris Brown's blog at buffalobills.com -- this guy is a softy.  If Marv were a smart GM, he would trade him ASAP while his value is still high. ;)

WILLIS: We won't know more on Willis until tomorrow afternoon probably, but it's a rib injury. No word on whether there are cracked ribs or broken ribs, but Willis was outside the locker room in street clothes and didn't appear to be too upset about being injured. I'd think if his ribs were broken or something he wouldn't be hanging out after the game. But like I said we'll find out more tomorrow hopefully.

826800[/snapback]

Have you ever played running back with cracked or broken ribs?

If a player has cracked or broken ribs, don't you think that it would be wise to get an x-ray done and find out what the extent of the injury is? According to your own post, the Bills are not going to find out the extent of his injury until today.

By the way, I love the way some of you keyboard jockies (who probably have never played the game) love to call out some players as soft. Very funny.

Anyone that came back from the injury that WM came back from is anything but soft.

Have you ever played running back with cracked or broken ribs?

If a player has cracked or broken ribs, don't you think that it would be wise to get an x-ray done and find out what the extent of the injury is?  According to your own post, the Bills are not going to find out the extent of his injury until today.

By the way, I love the way some of you keyboard jockies (who probably have never played the game) love to call out some players as soft.  Very funny.

Anyone that came back from the injury that WM came back from is anything but soft.

826825[/snapback]

he got xrays yesterday after they carted him off the field.

he got xrays yesterday after they carted him off the field.

826839[/snapback]

They also said that they would not know the extent of his injury until today -- according to the post above and Chris Brown's blog.

No doubt about it -- when he was injured and when he was battling Travis Henry for the job, Willis was tough as nails.

Something has changed since then however, which has me concerned -- especially with his contract set to expire next year.

826825[/snapback]

To say WM is unequivocably better than AT is utter nonsense.  In my mind Willis has done nothing in the NFL to prove that he is a better RB than AT.  So why start Willis?

826715[/snapback]

OK, I told myself that I was through playing, but, I'll give you this:

1247-92

No doubt about it -- when he was injured and when he was battling Travis Henry for the job, Willis was tough as nails.

Something has changed since then however, which has me concerned -- especially with his contract set to expire next year.

826853[/snapback]

Is he a "low-motor" player? ;)

I have been working buddy.

A-Train had a great game.  I know that you do not want to hear this, but Willis only had four friggen carries before he got hurt.  He and A-Train had the exact same rushing average after they each carried the ball four times.

It is nice to be able to have two very capable backs.  I really do not undertand why some of you guys go way out of your way to trash WM.  I have my theories. 

By the way, if there was any doubt about whether WM is the better back, wouldn't you think that DJ would have started A-Train from the beginning of the season given that DJ drafted him in the first round in Chicago.  Instead, DJ has been effusive in his praise for WM.

826821[/snapback]

I'd love to hear your theories. I evaluate players in every position by watching the games first, stats are secondary. It's amazing how many people think Willis' 1200 yards were this great feat or something. In this day and age, if you're the feature back that is nothing to write home about.

Tell me you wouldn't want to draft someone like Maroney and have him in the backfield vs. WM? I can name a dozen RBs (at least), I would rather have on my team than WM.

If Green Bay didn't shoot themselves in the foot and the Bills lost, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Winning puts a little extra polish on the turd. Honestly, Thomas played well, but I didn't see him do anything that McGahee hasn't done. I'm grateful to have Thomas here as a back up.

It's too bad that McGahee was injured so early, because the revamped OL was getting a substantial push and opening up some nice holes. Thomas was the benefactor.

826555[/snapback]

He does have 2 TD's of 10+ yards in the only games where he's received substantial playing time. When's the last time Willis ran for a TD of 2+ yards? Even a diehard poker math geek like myself has a tough time blaming that strictly on short-term luck.

I honestly don't think McGahee's 9 yard "shoelace tackle" run pre-injury was any less of a scoring opportunity than A-train's TD; and I think anyone who does is just saying such because of the different results.

For the record I wouldn't expect the team to be much better with Thomas starting. I have liked the way Willis has run since the Miami game - lots of tough yards inside; he didn't try to bounce everything out - I thought he showed a lot of toughness in that game without big stats. The thing is Thomas has proven throughout his career he can do the same thing; so if WM isn't going to be a superior homerun threat, I'm not sure what we're paying him for.

Actually, yes it is.  Unless you can give me one irrefutable thing that Thomas did yesterday that Willis wouldn't have then this is silly stuff that deserves silliness.

K?

826677[/snapback]

I dont care who starts. I was referring to the stupid a-- but, but, but crap.

I am surprised to not see this yet but I can't resist.  Anthony Thomas is running the ball as good if not better than McGahee.  He reads his blocks, explodes through the holes and finds the endzone.  My vote is to make A-train the starter, no matter Willis' health.   ;)

Plus he has a cool nickname.

826511[/snapback]

Remind if I'm wrong, but I remember AT going about 8 yrds on 9 carries in game 2. Guess he wasn't running with heart in that game.

He does have 2 TD's of 10+ yards in the only games where he's received substantial playing time.  When's the last time Willis ran for a TD of 2+ yards?  Even a diehard poker math geek like myself has a tough time blaming that strictly on short-term luck.   

I honestly don't think McGahee's 9 yard "shoelace tackle" run pre-injury was any less of a scoring opportunity than A-train's TD; and I think anyone who does is just saying such because of the different results.   

For the record I wouldn't expect the team to be much better with Thomas starting.  I have liked the way Willis has run since the Miami game - lots of tough yards inside; he didn't try to bounce everything out - I thought he showed a lot of toughness in that game without big stats.  The thing is Thomas has proven throughout his career he can do the same thing; so if WM isn't going to be a superior homerun threat, I'm not sure what we're paying him for.

826965[/snapback]

I can't argue with this, but I just don't think that Thomas is going to be better than McGahee given the same number of carries this season.

One area that I can't defend Willis is with TDs. This has been a huge disappointment. If Thomas can steadily find the end zone, then I don't care what his YPC stat is.

I can't argue with this, but I just don't think that Thomas is going to be better than McGahee given the same number of carries this season.

826978[/snapback]

And I don't disagree. It seems like onus should be on Willis to outplay Thomas and not vice versa though, no?

And I don't disagree.  It seems like onus should be on Willis to outplay Thomas and not vice versa though, no?

826986[/snapback]

True enough, and really, look at this way, has WM done anything to justify a first round tag? Or the money he'll command when his contract is up? I suspect WM will be a self-curing problem.

Personally, I don't know why on earth anyone take a running back in the first round, given they have a short shelf life because of the pounding they take.

As for play itself, when the game was online, and Buffalo needed first downs, I saw Thomas run harder than any Buffalo running back so far this season.

Talent isn't everything.