Commercials

Buffal0 Bill5

The 350 (and also 250 series). Both are heavy duty working trucks,  pretty much purchased by the trades.  But recently, they are being bought by some for "image".

The Ford 150 Series, like the analogous Dodge Ram 1500, and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and sister GMC Sierra 1500, offer a nice ride.  However, they get

progressively harder with heavy duty suspension options, and also with 4wd.

829539[/snapback]

I thought as much...

Anyway, aesthetically the 150 is the cooler looking truck IMO.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 350 (and also 250 series). Both are heavy duty working trucks,  pretty much purchased by the trades.  But recently, they are being bought by some for "image".

The Ford 150 Series, like the analogous Dodge Ram 1500, and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and sister GMC Sierra 1500, offer a nice ride.  However, they get

progressively harder with heavy duty suspension options, and also with 4wd.

829539[/snapback]

The 150 is the 1/4 ton... 250 being the 1/2 and the 350 is the full... Right?

Our truck at work is an '05 Super Duty... I am tall 6'-2" or so... And I even have to lift myself into it... We got a set of nerf bars now... :D

The ride is stiff... Was even stiffer when I brought it back from the Quad Cities for the first time new... Being GSA, it wasn't dealer preped and still had the leaf springs compressed with its shipping band on them... :lol:

Man was that ride down I-80 a bear... I couldn't figure out till I brought it in to the lock and dam...

Gas was hideoues! Even at that time, it was over 100 bucks to fill up the tank(s)... I think the newer ones have one big one now... The previous 1997 one had a switch... Thank God for GSA fleet cards!... :D

I couldnt agree more. The song sucks & mellonhead should give it up.  Old f**k.

This our truck, this our country, tell that to my brother in law who just lost his job at American Axle because Chevy sold there contract for axles to a plant in Mexico.

826687[/snapback]

Well why don't you people by American then??? Tell that to your brother!

Mellencamp/Springsteen/Guthrie are  not 'patriotic' because they have opinions that are different from yours????

......Glad that I don't live with your view of the world... :D

828001[/snapback]

I believe the original post referenced the Springsteen song "Born in the USA." Springsteen himself has said that if you listen closely to the lyrics, they're not about praising the USA. They're about exploring what Springsteen sees as this country's flaws.

Look at the some of the song's lyrics:

I got in a little hometown jam

And so they put a rifle in my hands

Sent me off to Vietnam

To go and kill the yellow man

. . .

I had a buddy at Khe Sahn

Fighting off the Viet Cong

They're still there, he's all gone

He had a little girl in Saigon

I got a picture of him in her arms

What you're looking at is an anti-war song which some people mistakenly think is a patriotism song based on the chorus. I believe this is the point the original poster was making.

I believe the original post referenced the Springsteen song "Born in the USA." Springsteen himself has said that if you listen closely to the lyrics, they're not about praising the USA. They're about exploring what Springsteen sees as this country's flaws.

What you're looking at is an anti-war song which some people mistakenly think is a patriotism song based on the chorus. I believe this is the point the original poster was making.

830160[/snapback]

You're dead on with those comments. Infact I did an oral report on this very subject as an undergraduate at UB for an elective entitled "Contemporary Popular Music". Needless to say I scored an A- in the course.

:P

The guy I am working with this cycle takes a crap-shoot every time he tries to get to work.

He has a '02 F-150 with low miles... Seems the thing won't start at times, starts fine other times... Every time he goes into repair, the thing won't act up! :D  <_<

Believe it or not, he thinks it is in the column where the key is turned...

Don't let this dissuade you... :P  :o

Ford=Fix Or Reapir Daily...

:D  :P

829194[/snapback]

FORD= FIRST ON RACE DAY

Is anybody else about ready to tear Mellencamp's head off and beat dents in a Chevy truck with it, or am I the only one who is about to flip out if I have to hear that dumb song twice every break during every stinking game I watch?

826076[/snapback]

Rumor has it TD came up with the ad

Mellencamp/Springsteen/Guthrie are  not 'patriotic' because they have opinions that are different from yours????

......Glad that I don't live with your view of the world... :doh:

828001[/snapback]

What are you talking about? I didn't give my opinion. I'm saying that people on here and elsewhere where I have seen this discussed think it's some sort of patriotic song, when it is not. They thought BIUSA was, too, but they didn't listen to the lyrics.

Where are you seeing my opinion or my view of the world?

Is anybody else about ready to tear Mellencamp's head off and beat dents in a Chevy truck with it, or am I the only one who is about to flip out if I have to hear that dumb song twice every break during every stinking game I watch?

826076[/snapback]

You're lucky, you dont have to watch commercials in Spanish, and others with actors with heavy spanish accents.

Look at the some of the song's lyrics:

I got in a little hometown jam

And so they put a rifle in my hands

Sent me off to Vietnam

To go and kill the yellow man

. . .

I had a buddy at Khe Sahn

Fighting off the Viet Cong

They're still there, he's all gone

He had a little girl in Saigon

I got a picture of him in her arms

830160[/snapback]

Different types of patriotism out there... "This is what the phuck it is Patriotism" comes to mind...

We (or at least I) know that... The GM ads are really not patriotic in the standard sense... Actually, kinda ripping our culture... Yet, in the end AS AMERICANS you can except that and not get annoyed... See what I am saying? Well, at least me. I love America NO MATTER what light it is shed in... Actually, more so when it is shown in a negative light... Really gets my blood pumping to fight for it and stick up for its values...

Look at Pink Houses... It isn't patriotic in the sense that the GOP asked Mellencamp to grant them permission to use it in the 1984 election (Mellencamp knew that)... Yet, it is patriotic in that AS AMERICANS we are allowed to dissent and be critical or sarcastic of our own country and still think IT IS THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH.

In reference to Pink Houses...There is something awesome about that "black man, black cat... Interstate through his front yard... I can remember when you could stop a clock... He thinks he's got it so good." Because he "thinks" he's got it so good... That is all that matters, he is happy... There is a lot of negative there, a lot of criticism... But ain't that America... For you and me.

What is more American than taking a sh*t sandwhich and thinking you got the fillet? Ya, it is worthy to be critical of those people too...

That is really a different kinda patriotism that IMO is lost on a lot of people... Woody Guthrie really comes to mind.

It is still OUR COUNTRY... Brillant on GM's part... They can be their totally negative, greedy self and still sell cars... What is more American?

In the face of those tragedies... Turn around and use them to say "this is our country" and go out and sell cars...

IMO, It pisses people off because all they can see is the tragedy... They see the class lines too and it scares them...

I also believe that people like Seger and Mellencamp "sold out" to GM because it is something that they believe is great about America... Still a greedy car company, but they are willing to endorse that company because they can personify class lines with that company... Equate it to the working stiff...

As much as it is a symbol of American greed it is a symbol of "working" America...

Confused?

:P:lol:

Well why don't you people by American then???  Tell that to your brother!

829641[/snapback]

I owned a brand new off the showroom floor full sized Bronco. Absolute worst POS I ever owned.

"Bought American" Bought a Chevy Monza. While working underneath the "American Car" I saw a tag- "Product du Canada"

There is no such thing as an "American Car" anymore.

Like I said before... Jeep does it with "freedom", the flag and being the original... Harley does it too... want to be on a "rice burner" vs. an "American classic Harley?"

Now I get your point. What old Jeeps are you into, I'm a Jeep guy myself.