O-line

spyder00087

I'd say they passed, but not by much. Still alot of sacks and pressures and very few passing lanes. But, I agree; no blindside hits and 100yds rushing are definitely positives. All in all, I'd say the experiment is working after one week.

Run blocking was better but pass protection took a step back. Hopefully they will gel. Even though a few times a game we will havea pass protection breakdown and JP would get blindsided, today he was constantly under pressure not even having time to setup!

Run blocking was better but pass protection took a step back. Hopefully they will gel. Even though a few times a game we will havea pass protection breakdown and JP would get blindsided, today he was constantly under pressure not even having time to setup!

825768[/snapback]

All the more improtant that JP protected the football today.

825768[/snapback]

I thought the problem with pass protection today was mostly up the middle--Fowler, Villarial. The left side looked solid. Pennington got a lot of help on the right and the one sack he gave up was due to pressure up the middle forcing Losman into a 10 yard drop.

I thought the problem with the pass protection today was a mix between the interior line and JP (he's got to get rid of that ball sooner)