Do I hate the Pats so Much

plenzmd1

when its not there?

Must admit only watched the first half last night. First Moe williams gets tackled by ST Teddy on the first Johnson pick near the goaline, and no call even though side judge about 4 yds away, with no in front of him. Chuckleheads on the TV can only talk bout what a bad decsion by Brad Johnson, but he threw to the spot where Williams would have been if he was NOT TACKled during his route. Turnover!

Next series for the Vikes, first down throw to one of the Vikes recievers, offensive interference. Could sworn it Eric Moulds getting called all over again. All the boys on TV said was looked "questionable". Think next pass TURNOVER

Next Viking series, long sideline throw and looks like the Vikes reciever doesn't make a play for the ball. Boys on TV ripping him for playing "for the interference call". Ahh, but on the replay, we clearly see Samuel never looks for the ball, grabs the recievers right inside arm and prevents him from attempting to catch the ball.

I am not one who believes in ref bias, or conspiracies, but is it me or or things really out of whack with this NE squad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.

The Patriots are one of the best and classiset teams in the NFL. Why can't people get over it and appreciate them.

821012[/snapback]

Patriots do get the calls that other teams don't....sour grapes or not, they get the calls

It's not just you. I told one of my coworkers (I live in Minnesota) to watch for unbelievablely favorable calls going the way of the Patriots. He didn't believe me all last week. Last night, I got an email saying that I was right.

The Pats are a good team, but they certainly get a LOT of help from the league.

CW

when its not there?

Must admit only watched the first half last night. First Moe williams gets tackled by ST Teddy on the first Johnson pick near the goaline, and no call even though side judge about 4 yds away, with no in front of him. Chuckleheads on the TV can only talk bout what a bad decsion by Brad Johnson, but he threw to the spot where Williams would have been if he was NOT TACKled during his route.  Turnover!

Next series for the Vikes, first down throw to one of the Vikes recievers, offensive interference. Could sworn it Eric Moulds getting called all over again. All the boys on TV said was looked "questionable". Think next pass TURNOVER

Next Viking series, long sideline throw and looks like the Vikes reciever doesn't make a play for the ball. Boys on TV ripping him for playing "for the interference call". Ahh, but on the replay, we clearly see Samuel never looks for the ball, grabs the recievers right inside arm and prevents him from attempting to catch the ball.

I am not one who believes in ref bias, or conspiracies, but is it me or or things really out of whack with this NE squad

820995[/snapback]

I've always wondered the same thing. I try to be somewhat objectionable when watching games for just that reason. If anything, I wonder if I swing to much in the other direction.

They really do seem to have things go their way an awful lot. It adds a hint of WWE to the whole mix that I really just don't like.

-Jeff

Maybe you just notice the calls more because the Patriots are good enough to take advantage of them. The Bills get a call to go their way and then follow that up with Willis into the line for 1 yard and then two straight sacks.

Seriously, the Pats are pretty damn good, and I hate them as much as the next guy. How many teams can go into a road game on Monday Night Football with two powerful RB's and worthless WR's, and say "Hey, the Vikes have a pretty good run defense. I think we'll air it out tonight." Brady proceeds to throw for 370yds and 4TD's.

Much respect. It's October and the division is wrapped up, and that has very little to do with the refs.

Last night's refereeing was horrible. The offensive PI call was phantom. I have no idea what constitutes a catch anymore after Wiggins's was ruled a non-catch. I didn't see the receiver get taken out on the Rodney pick, but I believe it the way they were botching things last night.

The problem is that people use this to make an arguement on every call, or ignore the ones which go against the Pats. I saw Minnesota fans on a Vikings board including in their rants a defensive PI call where the defender had both hands on a Pats receiver's jersey and wouldn't let go while he was trying to pull away. It was as blatant as PI can get and they can get away with complaining about it because so many other calls were bad.

Brady threw a bomb to Jackson on 3rd and 1 that was brought back for holding. The Caldwell fumble wasn't overturned. If the refs truly wanted to screw the Vikes they could have called a penalty on the runback TD.

I'm just glad the Pats dominated the Vikings so thoroughly that anyone arguing the calls made a difference is an obvious fool. There was a guy on a Vikings board adding a couple touchdowns to the Vikes, subtracting one from the Pats, and the Vikes still lost. Nevermind that the Pats stopped trying to score with 8 minutes to go.

*edit* Oh, and anyone who wants to see a game where the calls go against the Pats just needs to watch the playoff loss to Denver last year. Calls go for and against every team, it's just that you remember them most when you're losing yet still have hope. Well, the Pats tend to win games by close margins meaning that the calls that go for them seem magnified.

It's true they still would have won the game and won it easily. That doesn't exclude the fact that they got atleast 3 favorable calls that they shouldn't have last night. And as others have stated, this happens with regularity.

I'd like to see the numbers but it seems that no team has anywhere close to as few offensive holding penalties when the game is in the balance. It seems that the Pats get all their penalties when they already have the game in hand.

Maybe you just notice the calls more because the Patriots are good enough to take advantage of them.  The Bills get a call to go their way and then follow that up with Willis into the line for 1 yard and then two straight sacks.

Seriously, the Pats are pretty damn good, and I hate them as much as the next guy.  How many teams can go into a road game on Monday Night Football with two powerful RB's and worthless WR's, and say "Hey, the Vikes have a pretty good run defense.  I think we'll air it out tonight."  Brady proceeds to throw for 370yds and 4TD's.

Much respect.  It's October and the division is wrapped up, and that has very little to do with the refs.

821044[/snapback]

I agree here, but sometimes ya just wonder.

Is the outcome of the game differant if they do not get so many calls? I mean, looks like Moore(i think i goofed in saying Williams earlier) scores easily if he makes the catch. At very least, Vikings have first down, maybe 7 there, maybe 3, maybe another turnover, who knows how all that can affect MOMENTUM, strategy, etc. Not saying the outcome WOULD be different, only that it could be differant.

820995[/snapback]

Living in beantown, I'm subjected to their games every week. Their fans will of course call anyone else biased, but you can count on two-to-three plays a game going their way with zebra intervention.

You can almost call it ahead of time...the other team is down a TD or less in the 4thQ and driving: offensive holding puts them in an unmanagable 3rd and long. Pats need that 3rd and long that seals the game or gets them within fieldgoal range: PI call or defensive holding. When was the last time you saw a reviewed play go against them?

Yeah, I'm pretty up front about my hatred for all things Pats, but when every other fan of any other team in the league says the same thing...well, we can't all be wrong or biased.

I'd go a step further, SD.

I would like to see NE lose a big playoff game....by a crappy call.

821049[/snapback]

bah, i edited too late. watch film from the loss to the broncos last year. two huge bad calls killed them.

Asante Samuel called for PI on a long pass into the end zone even though the receiver clearly interfered him him.

Champ bailey fumbles the ball into the end zone after Ben Watson runs over 100 yards to chase him down. refs call the fumble out of bounds at the 1 and the broncos run it in.

That's 14 points given to the Broncos in a game the Pats were likely to win. The bailey interception and eventual touchdown stopped the pats from grinding the ball the way they had been effectively doing.

bah, i edited too late. watch film from the loss to the broncos last year. two huge bad calls killed them.

Asante Samuel called for PI on a long pass into the end zone even though the receiver clearly interfered him him.

Champ bailey fumbles the ball into the end zone after Ben Watson runs over 100 yards to chase him down. refs call the fumble out of bounds at the 1 and the broncos run it in.

That's 14 points given to the Broncos in a game the Pats were likely to win. The bailey interception and eventual touchdown stopped the pats from grinding the ball the way they had been effectively doing.

821061[/snapback]

But that call was akin to the Homerun throwup agaisn't the Bills. Pysics tell ya that the ball HAD to go through the endzone, but you just could not see it on the replay.

Maybe you just notice the calls more because the Patriots are good enough to take advantage of them.  The Bills get a call to go their way and then follow that up with Willis into the line for 1 yard and then two straight sacks.

821044[/snapback]

Taking advantage of the calls is one thing....the Patriots seem to do that better than anyone else. The problem still remains that they are getting the bad calls in their favor.

I had been resigned to the fact that the officiating was just horrible and the referees looking at the replays were just incompetent. Then came the playoffs last year...starting with the Troy Polamalu INT that was reversed, the refs seemed to just give certain teams the "benefit of the doubt", especially during the Superbowl and through this season so far.

The phantom interference call last night and the "non-catch" by Wiggins not being overturned were either blatant incompetence or blatant favoritism. I'm leaning toward the latter, since they could have easily called Jackson's fumble a non-fumble...they were right on that one, which could have been called the other way.

Something clearly isn't right. If there's a conspiracy going on, someone high up in the NFL is in on it. If there isn't, then someone high up in the NFL offices better take some action now - be it discipline or replace half the officials out there. I'm sure the Vikings, Seahawks, and everyone else is tired of hearing "Sorry, we made a mistake...it won't happen again."

Much respect. It's October and the division is wrapped up, and that has very little to do with the refs.

All else aside, this is 100% true. Perhaps they win those games by fewer points, but they still win 'em.

I definately have a biased view towards the patriots but what can I say, Im jealous of their success. With that being said they definately get most of the calls going their way at critical times, the key word being critical times.

One just has to look at the 1st meeting between the bills & NE. Whitner picks off the ball, clements is called for a phanton push in the back in which he was literally just trying to protect himself & what is even worse is the ref somehow called whitner out of bounds when he didnt come 3 yards of the line. If there wasnt a penalty called on that, we would of been screwed out of a game winning td. Also, in that game the chinsy call of block in the back on Royal, barely even put his hands on him. Both calls were at critical points of the game.

How they didnt call a penalty on that no good son of a B word bruschi on PI when he tackled the guy on minny first drive last night is beyond me. Oh yeah, johnson threw a pick that play.

I hate the Patriots. I hate their fans. They are a great football team and will probably win the Super Bowl this year. They will dismantle the Colts next week and destroy the Bears on November 26th. They outscheme and out execute every team every week.

They do get a lot of calls in their favor. It has nothing to do with a conspiracy in the NFL front office.

It has everything to do with horrible officiating and horrible officials in general. How can the biggest sports league in the country not have full time officials? I don't understand that at all.