Tolls removed from Niagara Thruway

$.75/day makes me an elitist????    :P

I'd pay $.75 if I could go 70 all the way from W Seneca to downtown without stopping or slowing

821271[/snapback]

You'll pay a lot more than that if they catch you, since the speed limit on the 190 is 55 last I checked... :P

You'll pay a lot more than that if they catch you, since the speed limit on the 190 is 55 last I checked... :angry:

822643[/snapback]

I can guarantee you that at 65 you won't be passing anyone, everyone will be passing you, and flipping you off for slowing them up

What's a toll road ? We don't have any in California.

822751[/snapback]

I don't think there are any west of Wichita, Okalahoma City, Wichita Falls, TX and that north/south axis through KS, OK, and TX... Probably something to do with the "west" and the fed money kicked in?

Don't know exactly the history... Yet, I believe that stuff like that in the west (ie: freeways) would have come out of legislation in the 1930's if I hazarded a guess??... You know, rural America... Powerfication, roads etc...

The shear amount of federal land west of the plains/rockies is staggering...

I also guess it is like the other (powerfication etc...) things... That the urban and population east of the MS foot the bill for the early "leg up" in the west and rural America... Ever notice how WVa has such nice roads (even know that is east and I think there is a toll/turmpike road there, south of Charleston)? Which was in pretty sad shape coming out of the 1930's...

Such is life and the "welfare queens" of the west (and Appalachia)...

Of course that last sentence was a shot to strike up a heated debate... :D:w00t:

:w00t::D