Jets loss..

Ball'n

That was very simular to how we lost to the Jags on the last play of the game in 2004. The Jaguar caught the ball out of bounds and then got shoved even further out and they called it a touchdown because of the push. Now the Jets guy was clearly landing in bounds and he was pushed out, yet it was ruled incomplete. Why did the Jag's get the call in 2004, yet not the Jets in this game? If the call today was the right one, the Bills would of been 10-6 and a playoff team in 2004...

Now the Jets guy was clearly landing in bounds and he was pushed out, yet it was ruled incomplete

What I couldn't fathom is how the announcer could say that "I'm not sure if he would have come down in bounds". It was so obviously clear when watching the replay that he would have been in bounds that I have to think the NFL really puts the pressure on the announcers not to question the calls too much.

What I couldn't fathom is how the announcer could say that "I'm not sure if he would have come down in bounds". It was so obviously clear when watching the replay that he would have been in bounds that I have to think the NFL really puts the pressure on the announcers not to question the calls too much.

819939[/snapback]

gmac - that jumped out to me as well. Then they were all wishy-washy talking about reviewing the play. The refs should look at that, oh wait I guess the refs don't have to look at that, but maybe they should look at that. Of course they should!

I *still* don't get why they wouldn't review that play! It's THE most critical play of the game!!

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be pissed about that one...

gmac - that jumped out to me as well.  Then they were all wishy-washy talking about reviewing the play.  The refs should look at that, oh wait I guess the refs don't have to look at that, but maybe they should look at that.  Of course they should!

I *still* don't get why they wouldn't review that play!  It's THE most critical play of the game!!

819959[/snapback]

I think it was the wrong call. I also think that the announcer was in idiot - clearly his "momentum" would've carried him towards the back of the endzone and not towards the sideline.

But there are announcers who rip officials. Also, the force-out is a judegement call and not reviewable.

gmac - that jumped out to me as well.  Then they were all wishy-washy talking about reviewing the play.  The refs should look at that, oh wait I guess the refs don't have to look at that, but maybe they should look at that.  Of course they should!

I *still* don't get why they wouldn't review that play!  It's THE most critical play of the game!!

819959[/snapback]

Cuz it was a judgement call...and they cant be reveiwed...