Did you notice how the Dallas OC called plays to

Unlike Fairchild that continues to do his Mularky impression and pound a sqaure peg into a round hole. I hope Fairchild was watchingh and takes a page from the Dallas OC. The OL of Dallas didn't seem as bad when they called plays that took advantage of Romo's mobility !

Fairchild are you listening ?

Unlike Fairchild that continues to do his Mularky impression and pound a sqaure peg into a round hole. I hope Fairchild was watchingh and takes a page from the Dallas OC. The OL of Dallas didn't seem as bad when they called plays that took advantage of Romo's mobility !

815088[/snapback]

Wow if thats calling plays to the strength of your qb well <_< I haven't been all that impressed with fairchilds playcalling but unlike dallas we lack playmakers on this offense.

Wow if thats calling plays to the strength of your qb well <_<  I haven't been all that impressed with fairchilds playcalling but unlike dallas we lack playmakers on this offense.

815096[/snapback]

There it is. Owens, Glenn, and Jones is a great combo.

I like Evans, but he is no T.O. and Price is decent, but he is not even close to Glenn ... and everyone on this board cant stand Willis. So yeah.

815088[/snapback]

That first roll out play worked well for Romo...

As a Dallas fan, I can say you are half right. For some reason, coaches still think Bledsoe can survive under center in a 5 step drop. Well, that was blown up by 1 player tonight. But the correct half was with Romo. They do rollouts and "trickeration" to give him space, but that's prob due to his running ability too. Drew should be given 100% "out of pocket" passes. He sux in pocket, and with Evans and crew he'd be just as bad as Losman. I'm so frustrated with both teams that to me it is now hockey season. Go Sabres! ;)

Were you watching the same game where Dallas got clobbered when it counted? Romo made some decent throws, and hit his WRs on that garbage time drive, but three picks! They had 59 rushing yards on a game that was mostly close, with 22 coming on admittedly a brilliantly-called draw play. Glenn's numbers were actually worse than Price's this week. Dallas isn't too far from Buffalo, really - a lot of almost-playmakers underacheiving.

815088[/snapback]

More excuses for JP. Now you want to blame Fairchild who I think knows JP's strengths far better than you do. Bottom line. he has not performed well.

No more excuses i.e. OL, playcalling, small receivers, no running game, etc.. He is not soley to blame but he is not performing as well as should at this point in his development. I really believe he has regressed from first few games because teams can better game plan for him because there is more game film to look at.

It was Romo's first start, he made some bad reads, that's not the OC's fault.

815457[/snapback]

Yet it was J-Lo's fifteenth start, he made some bad reads, and that is the OC's fault?....can't have it both ways.

When Romo came in he game, the playcalling changed and at least put him in the best position to make plays. While they weren't all good, he made a few big plays as well playing being shabby blocking. We have won of the best scrambling QB's in the game and yet defenses treat him like Bledsoe for they know he is going to be set back there 97% of the time.

I also think Davis should be given a look to start opposite Lee as Price is not getting the job done, at least Davis has gotten open deep the past 2 games and just haven't been able to connect with JP. Price just isn't a threat and maybe Davis can be the spark this offense needs. I wish Fairchild would use Lee Evans and/or Roscoe the way Carolina uses Steve Smith and put them in positions to make plays. There is no way that if more slants and crossing routes were called insted of just streaks and curls that defenses can constantly take away our speed at WR, especially if JP is rolled out more. Then if nobody is open he can just haul@ss and run instead of sitting back in the pocket holding the ball.

This is a pet peeve for me. A coach coming in witha set offense and then trying to assemble the players to run it. Or run stuff that his guys aren't good at because it's the right offense. This is total bass ackwards to me. I studied football under Tom Landry for 28 years, and he always changed his offense to fit his players.

Some changes I'd make:

Roscoe is great when he gets the ball in a little space. I'd try to do that more often. Instead of the 4 yard button hooks, hit him on the run like they did in that game earlier this year where he got a 75 or so yared TD.

JP throws much better when he's throiwng 15 -20 yards down field. it works out much better than the 4 yard button hooks.

JP can throw the bomb. peerless price can certtainly go get it. So throw it at least 4 or 5 times per game. The lack of bombs on this team is a huge mistake in my play book.

Don't go away from the run. Pound it in with Willis McGahee (who I like) and spell him with the ATrain.

Stop trying to be so smart and just do the stuff in football that works, you know, like kicking a FG on 4th and 1, and punting, and lining up the QB at QB.

815088[/snapback]

Were those 3 picks intentional then?

I'd love for JP to throw as many INT's as fumbles. That would really be swell. :lol:

Yeah but even in the 2nd half, Romo had to scramble quite a bit to save his life.

816318[/snapback]

A lot of those roll outs were designed plays because he cabn scramble. Fairchild trys to keep JP in the non existant pocket with a seven step drop. It's not happening ! We need quick slants, roll outs because the pocket is not there. Kinda like what the Dallas OC did in the second half.