#31 on 2003 Bills roster

Who was it? I was just watching one of BillsZone.com's videos of the Bills beating the Patriots 31-0 and #31 (was it Morris?) had a real nice catch and run on a screen for over 20 yards. Jee do I miss that in a fullback.

Here is the video

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoid=1131311221

808573[/snapback]

It was Morris. He was decent, fumbling problem if memory serves me right. I think he cost us a game in Miami.

It was Morris. He was decent, fumbling problem if memory serves me right. I think he cost us a game in Miami.

808576[/snapback]

Looking at the stats he had 2 fumbles his first year with us, but only 1 the remaining 3 years. That being said he had 6 TD's and 38 first downs with the Bills. Boy it would be nice to have a full-back like that now.

P.S. His first year with the Dolphins (2004) he had 6 TD's and 31 first downs in 13 games. Woha!

To put that into perspective, Daimon Shelton only has 1 TD and 6 first downs in his 10 year career. :P

edit: was he a FB or RB? looks pretty big for a RB

Looking at the stats he had 2 fumbles his first year with us, but only 1 the remaining 3 years. That being said he had 6 TD's and 38 first downs with the Bills. Boy it would be nice to have a full-back like that now.

P.S. His first year with the Dolphins (2004) he had 6 TD's and 31 first downs in 13 games. Woha!

To put that into perspective, Daimon Shelton only has 1 TD and 6 first downs in his 10 year career.  :P

edit: was he a FB or RB? looks pretty big for a RB

808585[/snapback]

He was a RB, not a FB. He got the majority of his carries in 2000 when we just couldn't decide between Antowain, Bryson, Linton and him.

Funny about the fumble stats, because I remember him having a big problem as well. Maybe he just fumbled in key situations...who knows. But I know it was an issue.

He always ran hard though and I was sad to see him go. He was suspended the first four weeks this year for banned substance.

He was a RB, not a FB.  He got the majority of his carries in 2000 when we just couldn't decide between Antowain, Bryson, Linton and him.

Funny about the fumble stats, because I remember him having a big problem as well.  Maybe he just fumbled in key situations...who knows.  But I know it was an issue.

He always ran hard though and I was sad to see him go.  He was suspended the first four weeks this year for banned substance.

808589[/snapback]

I thought I remembered him playing fullback once in a while

I think Morris is now with the Dolphins.

808606[/snapback]

You are correct. He just returned to the felons, after serving a 4 game illegal substance suspension. It is rumoured to have been HGH...Shaun Rogers got busted for it today (a week too late for the Bills)...I have a feeling the NFL is about to enter its' own steroid era, like MLB is suffering through now. Strangely, I don't think it will hurt football as much as it has MLB...

Strangely, I don't think it will hurt football as much as it has MLB...

808618[/snapback]

indeed. the only reason it hurts baseball so severely is because it's a numbers sport. it's much easier to say "how many of this guys HR's should be taken away cause of steroids" than "how many of this RB's yards should be taken away cause of steroids" because for one thing, it's probably a push. i doubt a guy on steroids is going to break a tackle that the exact same guy not on steroids wouldn't.

i don't understand why the athletes in professional sports don't get tested more often. in track and field they're tested every time they race. same with cycling, and i just don't understand why that's acceptable in those sports, but to even suggest testing on, say a weekly basis in the NFL or MLB, is this outrageous idea that the commisioners would never suggest.