Here it is, the official Why the hell didn't we

ACor58

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2) Calling Leinart a better QB at this point is very premature.  He has has TWO starts.  JP had a great game his first start and a terrible one his second. 

807458[/snapback]

JP had a decent game in his first start against the worst team in football, and then had three cover-your-eyes horrible games in his next three starts.

Matt Leinart just looked great against the best defense in football in his second start, including leading his team down the field in a two minute drill......

I'm not calling for us to give up on JP Losman yet, but I am calling a spade a spade - and JP Losman has not played well. And in a League where QB's like Matt Leinart, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, and heck, even Bruce Gradkowski are looking good right out the gate, that is certainly cause for concern.

JDG

JP had a decent game in his first start against the worst team in football, and then had three cover-your-eyes horrible games in his next three starts.

Matt Leinart just looked great against the best defense in football in his second start, including leading his team down the field in a two minute drill......

I'm not calling for us to give up on JP Losman yet, but I am calling a spade a spade - and JP Losman has not played well.  And in a League where QB's like Matt Leinart, Carson Palmer, Philip Rivers, and heck, even Bruce Gradkowski are looking good right out the gate, that is certainly cause for concern.

JDG

807546[/snapback]

Matt Leinart: 0-2.

Took a sack, fumbled the ball away.

Losman didn't have a bad game this past week. His numbers say so. His DEFENSE on the other hand...

You can say the same god-damned thing about the Jets game.

I don't know why I bother.

Well under immense pressure, in his 2nd career starting game, he leads his offense down the field against the best defense in the league and gives his team good field position to win the game and one of the best kickers in the league misses.

How does a guy who was 71-83 in his past 3 seasons miss that field goal?

807323[/snapback]

People forget that Rackers was pretty bad his first two years in Cincinnati.... and that some kickers seem to not be able to handle the nerves of a game-winning kick (c.f. Vanerjagt, Mike).

JDG

Losman didn't have a bad game this past week. His numbers say so. His DEFENSE on the other hand...

807548[/snapback]

Did you tune into the Bills - Detroit game only for the last 20 minutes of game time? JP Losman was horrible for over one half of football.

Yes, the defense wasn't very good on Sunday - but I'm at least willing to admit that JP Losman wasn't either....

JDG

Rank Name Yds Att Comp TD INT Long QB Rating

16. J.P. Losman 1121 172 106 6 5 51 80.1

Here are Losman's stats for the year on a VERY bad team.

Stats for the week:

J. Losman 21/34 207 2 1

OK, let's see you say he had a bad game. He had an average game at worst, in a game in which his defense gave up 500 yards to a PUTRID offense.

Rank Name              Yds      Att    Comp  TD  INT    Long    QB Rating

16.  J.P. Losman 1121 172 106 6 5 51 80.1

Here are Losman's stats for the year on a VERY bad team.

Stats for the week:

J. Losman 21/34 207 2 1

OK, let's see you say he had a bad game. He had an average game at worst, in a game in which his defense gave up 500 yards to a PUTRID offense.

807556[/snapback]

The Lions are on the precipice of greatness. Our defense doesn't suck, they just ran into a team that was hungry for a win. ;)

Losman is doing OK. I would like to see him tuck and run more often, get more touch on short throws and maybe scan the field a little quicker, but with what he has to work with he's doing OK.

For me the jury is still out. I just don't know whether he's the guy, but I hope for our sake that he is.

You can say the same god-damned thing about the Jets game.

I don't know why I bother.

807548[/snapback]

Let's see, didn't Losman fumble on a sack?

I am not defending Losman or Leinart, but Losman has had three years to get a feel in the pocket. He has played in what 20 games now, starting 14. Yet he has won 2 games in his career (sorry he doesn't get credit for KC according to the rules since he didn't start).

At the same time Leinart hasn't even had a full season to adjust to the speed of the NFL nor get a sense of the pocket.

Again, quit being a homer, and respect other teams players. This constant hatred of other teams players is like the fox and the grapes. Well guess what those grapes maybe sour, but likely not. And you sound like an idiot.

I am not defending Losman or Leinart, but Losman has had three years to get a feel in the pocket.  He has played in what 20 games now, starting 14.  Yet he has won 2 games in his career (sorry he doesn't get credit for KC according to the rules since he didn't start).

At the same time Leinart hasn't even had a full season to adjust to the speed of the NFL nor get a sense of the pocket. 

Again, quit being a homer, and respect other teams players.  This constant hatred of other teams players is like the fox and the grapes.  Well guess what those grapes maybe sour, but likely not.  And you sound like an idiot.

807567[/snapback]

Right. Thanks, mini-me. If I need someone to tell me I'm an idiot, you're SURELY not the person to do it.

Respect other teams' players? What exactly has Matt Leinart done in his illustrious NFL career?

He's 0-2 and made rookie mistakes. JP's started in just 12 more games than Leinart. Again, it doesn't matter how many YEARS you've been in the league, it's how many games you've played.

I'm going to stop now, because this thread is just like a race in the Special Olympics...and I really shouldn't be arguing with retards.

I am not defending Losman or Leinart, but Losman has had three years to get a feel in the pocket.  He has played in what 20 games now, starting 14.  Yet he has won 2 games in his career (sorry he doesn't get credit for KC according to the rules since he didn't start).

Again, quit being a homer, and respect other teams players.  This constant hatred of other teams players is like the fox and the grapes.  Well guess what those grapes maybe sour, but likely not.  And you sound like an idiot.

807567[/snapback]

Damn VA, are you saying that a quarterback has to know/feel when his blindside tackle totally wiffed?

There is something to be said for 'pocket presence' but this aint the instance to bring it up. (in either Leinart's or Losman's case)

Damn VA, are you saying that a quarterback has to know/feel when his blindside tackle totally wiffed?

There is something to be said for 'pocket presence' but this aint the instance to bring it up.  (in either Leinart's or Losman's case)

807573[/snapback]

Yes and no.

What I was saying is that so what Leinart fumbled, and so did Losman. Stop with the sour grapes because he isn't a Bill. Just because Losman wears our clown uniform doesn't make him an instant HOF'er and just in the same token just because someone else on another team doesn't mean they suck.

I don't understand the need to harp on these other teams players, Rivers, Leinart, etc.... and gloat everytime they do poorly. It makes you look stupid.

Trust me our QB makes a ton of mistakes and has a lot more time behind center and in camps learning then these guys yet our QB is no better and arguably is worse in most cases.

He's 0-2 and made rookie mistakes. JP's started in just 12 more games than Leinart. Again, it doesn't matter how many YEARS you've been in the league, it's how many games you've played.

807571[/snapback]

Really? Off the top of my head, it's a good thing favre, culpepper, brady, pennington, rivers, grossman, and roethlisberger, never got your memo.

I don't understand the need to harp on these other teams players, Rivers, Leinart, etc.... and gloat everytime they do poorly.  It makes you look stupid. 

807579[/snapback]

I don't understand the need to gloat on these orther teams players, Rivers, Leinart, etc... and gloat everytime they do well. It makes you look stupid.

You know, I think Losman is right on schedule. His stats for the year are going to be just like I thought. About 2,800 yards, 16-18 tds & 14-16 ints. His qb rating should be in the high 70's to low 80's. I dont care what anybody says, those are respectable for a 1st year starter. Next year is his make or break year with the bills. I believe his contract is up after next year so one of 2 things is going to happen. Either he is going to put close to probowl numbers & lead the bills to the playoffs, or the bills will simply go in another direction after next year.

Really? Off the top of my head, it's a good thing favre, culpepper, brady, pennington, rivers, grossman, and roethlisberger, never got your memo.

807586[/snapback]

Grossman? Rivers? PENNINGTON?

Come on man, two of those three guys haven't even started a full year. And Grossman looked like sh-- last night.

Favre is a hall of famer. So is Brady. Culpepper and Roethlisberger were fortunate to have INCREDIBLE teams around them. Don't forget: Culpepper basically inherited a 15-1 team. And Roethlisberger has a HOF coach, great OL, a sound running game and defense.

Which one of those advantages does JP have?