Start another QB

tron35

It's not a matter of still supporting the decision. It's a matter of not CARING about the decision any more. Move on.

805466[/snapback]

The decision is important because the same guy who chose Roberta drafted Loserman. Bills fans should learn from history. Why would the Bills ever have faith in this guy? Let's hope that Marv gets this corrected by the next training camp.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to defend anything the retarded Fruite fanboy has said, but: if you don't see pocket awareness as a problem w/ this kid I think you have Bills blinders on.  He needs to step up in the pocket and prevent that fumble; and the play at the end of the half was another horrible sack that cost us more points if not for Lindell. 

The Parrish TD was terrific, but maybe people forget that RJ the antichrist in his 2nd start here threw a nearly identical 40 yard dart on the run for a TD to Moulds in Miami....guys of that cloth will do that occasionally, but it's hard to win with these ill-timed sacks and lack of awareness compounded with a lack of ball security.

805481[/snapback]

The sack at the end of the first half I agree with. Lindell bailed his ass out big time there.

But I do not understand how you can reasonably expect someone to recognize their left tackle failed to make contact with his DE and that said DE is now coming from behind your right shoulder as you look downfield waiting for a playaction bomb to develop.

I'm not going to defend anything the retarded Fruite fanboy has said, but: if you don't see pocket awareness as a problem w/ this kid I think you have Bills blinders on.  He needs to step up in the pocket and prevent that fumble; and the play at the end of the half was another horrible sack that cost us more points if not for Lindell. 

The Parrish TD was terrific, but maybe people forget that RJ the antichrist in his 2nd start here threw a nearly identical 40 yard dart on the run for a TD to Moulds in Miami....guys of that cloth will do that occasionally, but it's hard to win with these ill-timed sacks and lack of awareness compounded with a lack of ball security.

805481[/snapback]

The only retards here are the guys who do not remember how great it was to cheer for a winning team. The Kelly era was obviously the best time since the 60s but the Flutie seasons were infinitely better than the crap the Bills have served up since. Doug deserves far more respect than what is shown on this board.

The decision is important because the same guy who chose Roberta drafted Loserman.  Bills fans should learn from history.  Why would the Bills ever have faith in this guy?  Let's hope that Marv gets this corrected by the next training camp.

805485[/snapback]

The whole LEAGUE chose someone other than Flutie for over a decade....your argument(s) that use ONE example to make some sort of generalization is just as ridiculous as those people on here who cmpletely change their stance on the team because of one single play, a single series, or a single game.

The sack at the end of the first half I agree with. Lindell bailed his ass out big time there.

But I do not understand how you can reasonably expect someone to recognize their left tackle failed to make contact with his DE and that said DE is now coming from behind your right shoulder as you look downfield waiting for a playaction bomb to develop.

805489[/snapback]

You are correct and that happened all day, better yet willis is supposed to chip block the guy and if he got more than an elbow on him, I'd be impressed. But hey, willis made a good block a couple of weeks back. This whole team needs to play more consistent and that includes JP, but some like to place the blame on one player every week.......We are rebuilding and lost to a rebuilding team by 3 points.....lets switch QB's. Spare me!

The whole LEAGUE chose someone other than Flutie for over a decade....your argument(s) that use ONE example to make some sort of generalization is just as ridiculous as those people on here who cmpletely change their stance on the team because of one single play, a single series, or a single game.

805495[/snapback]

Yes, the whole league were a bunch of tools for not signing Flutie in his prime. It was the equivalent of not bringing up a guy who scores 120 goals in the AHL. When he was winning all those CFL MVP awards, it was bloody obvious that he was superior to garbage players like Todd Collins and Billy Joe Hobert and I rejoiced when AJ Smith was finally able to win his case for bringing him here. If senile Wilson and Donahoe hadn't fallen in love with the bandanna boy, Bills fans would have had far happier memories over the past few seasons.

Yes, the whole league were a bunch of tools for not signing Flutie in his prime.  It was the equivalent of not bringing up a guy who scores 120 goals in the AHL.  When he was winning all those CFL MVP awards, it was bloody obvious that he was superior to garbage players like Todd Collins and Billy Joe Hobert and I rejoiced when AJ Smith was finally able to win his case for bringing him here.  If senile Wilson and Donahoe hadn't fallen in love with the bandanna boy, Bills fans would have had far happier memories over the past few seasons.

805512[/snapback]

Doug,

how do you like BC's chances in the ACC this year?

Yes, the whole league were a bunch of tools for not signing Flutie in his prime.  It was the equivalent of not bringing up a guy who scores 120 goals in the AHL.  When he was winning all those CFL MVP awards, it was bloody obvious that he was superior to garbage players like Todd Collins and Billy Joe Hobert and I rejoiced when AJ Smith was finally able to win his case for bringing him here.  If senile Wilson and Donahoe hadn't fallen in love with the bandanna boy, Bills fans would have had far happier memories over the past few seasons.

805512[/snapback]

Three words for ya...."five foot nine"

805512[/snapback]

It's all aboot the O-fence, eh?

Losman hasn't played as bad as I thought he would. He also hasn't played great.

There are three positions we need to focus on this offseason - OL, DL, and QB.

At QB I'd love to see us bring in Matt Schaub to compete with Losman. Blalock at guard would be great too.

Losman hasn't played as bad as I thought he would.  He also hasn't played great.

At QB I'd love to see us bring in Matt Schaub to compete with Losman.  Blalock at guard would be great too.

805524[/snapback]

Only part of the QB position we need to focus on is backup.

We need OL, DL, CB, FB and TE long before QB.

It's all aboot the O-fence,  eh?

805523[/snapback]

No it's obviously not but the one thing the 21-9 Flutie vs Sackson debate should have made abundantly clear - a QB is far more important than any other player on the field. It's painful to root for a team with a crappy one. I don't want Marv's legacy to be tainted by hitching his wagon with someone who is in over his head.

This whole team needs to play more consistent and that includes JP, but some like to place the blame on one player every week.......We are rebuilding and lost to a rebuilding team by 3 points.....lets switch QB's. Spare me!

805507[/snapback]

Exactly! The whole teams needs to play with more consistency. They're all blowing assignments all the time. With this O Line, its almost a given that on 3rd down there's pressure. If I were JP, I'd just go back and start running on 3rd down, because there is no pocket to be aware of.

Losman hasn't played as bad as I thought he would.  He also hasn't played great.

At QB I'd love to see us bring in Matt Schaub to compete with Losman.  Blalock at guard would be great too.

805524[/snapback]

I was hoping they'd spend a late pick on Gradkowski, he is from western pa. I agree with your post but we just spent alot of capital on the DL already, I think you should change that to read LB..

Spikes is history as soon as it helps the salary cap IMO....

Actually,  it's not.

Then again,  you've never been accused of having a clue.

805534[/snapback]

LOL rofl omg good one! I've never been accused of having clue, therefore I don't have a clue right? Oh ha, I wish I could buy that sort of wit.

I thought you had me on ignore jackass? Plz stop sucking so much at posting.

Hey MT, care to tell us WHEN RJ had the "same defense" as Flutie? Please don't say 2000, much less 2001. After the 1999 season, the Bills lost Bruce, Thomas Smith, and Kurt Schulz, all starters, and also lost backups Sean Moran and Gabe Northern. After the 2000 season, they lost Ted Washington and Cowart went down in the 1st game of the season.

As for Flutie, had he not posted virtually the REVERSE record in SD that he posted in Buffalo, including an impressive 9-game losing skid, you'd have a point that he was the reason the Bills won. And no the Chargers were NOT respectable while Flutie was their starter and didn't reach respectability until Brees' 3rd year in the league.

As for the current Bills, the problems all start with the lines, then it includes the "skill positions" including JP himself.

LOL rofl omg good one!  I've never been accused of having clue, therefore I don't have a clue right?  Oh ha, I wish I could buy that sort of wit. 

I thought you had me on ignore jackass?  Plz stop sucking so much at posting.

805544[/snapback]

Yeah!

Wish I was a post stud like you!

Then I would be a success in life, like you!

I'm no expert, but I can tell when a moron knows little about football.

You, dev null and a few others come to mind first.

yeah cuz JP is really getting better each week <_<

805541[/snapback]

It's obviously not going to be a steady improvement...he's going to have ups and downs week in and week out. If you're going to commit to grooming a young QB - which we HAVE done, by the way - then you have to accept the fact that he's going to screw up. Marv and Dick have been on record time and time again saying that they understand this and that's the direction we're going in. For people to keep going back and forth about how they feel about JP every single week is just ludicrous. He's the starter this year - Period. If at the end of the season he hasn't shown enough to warrant being the starter next year, then I'm sure we'll at least open the competition again during the offseason. But this whole, "JP did well this week, he's going to be good! Oh wait, THIS week he kinda sucked, so we need to forget this guy..." crap is just plain stupid.

Hey MT, care to tell us WHEN RJ had the "same defense" as Flutie?  Please don't say 2000, much less 2001.  After the 1999 season, the Bills lost Bruce, Thomas Smith, and Kurt Schulz, all starters, and also lost backups Sean Moran and Gabe Northern.  After the 2000 season, they lost Ted Washington and Cowart went down in the 1st game of the season.

As for Flutie, had he not posted virtually the REVERSE record in SD that he posted in Buffalo, including an impressive 9-game losing skid, you'd have a point that he was the reason the Bills won.  And no the Chargers were NOT respectable while Flutie was their starter and didn't reach respectability until Brees' 3rd year in the league.

As for the current Bills, the problems all start with the lines, then it includes the "skill positions" including JP himself.

805551[/snapback]

The Knob and Flutie each had plenty of playing time during their seasons together to be able to make apples to apples comparisons. One doesn't have to look beyond the time Flutie left to draw any apples to oranges conclusions.

That's the sort of warped thinking that's enabled the Sackson/Deadsoe/Loserman eras.  I don't care if a guy is 4 foot 3.  If's he's 21-9, while the tall guy is a perrenial loser, the midget gets the call every time.

805549[/snapback]

It doesn't matter whether you care or not. The GMs around the league care. A short guy only gets so many chances, and while Flutie had a few moments here and there, he never amounted to anything other than a marginal NFL starter.

Weren't most people on this board pissed that TD and MM did not give JP the whole year to develop? Let's give him the whole year while we are rebuilding our team by starting young guys in plenty of positions. Then in the off-season evaluate and make a decision then. If we pull him now, we are as bad as MM was last year.

It's obviously not going to be a steady improvement...he's going to have ups and downs week in and week out. If you're going to commit to grooming a young QB - which we HAVE done, by the way - then you have to accept the fact that he's going to screw up. Marv and Dick have been on record time and time again saying that they understand this and that's the direction we're going in. For people to keep going back and forth about how they feel about JP every single week is just ludicrous. He's the starter this year - Period. If at the end of the season he hasn't shown enough to warrant being the starter next year, then I'm sure we'll at least open the competition again during the offseason. But this whole, "JP did well this week, he's going to be good! Oh wait, THIS week he kinda sucked, so we need to forget this guy..." crap is just plain stupid.

805557[/snapback]

You're spinning your wheels trying to reason with these retards. They only see what they want to see.

Weren't most people on this board pissed that TD and MM did not give JP the whole year to develop?  Let's give him the whole year while we are rebuilding our team by starting young guys in plenty of positions.  Then in the off-season evaluate and make a decision then.  If we pull him now, we are as bad as MM was last year.

805590[/snapback]

right....that's the plan that jaruon and levy have decided to go with. I expect JP to be in there for all 16 games, barring injury, and then they'll evaluate his performance and growth after the season.

You're spinning your wheels trying to reason with these retards.  They only see what they want to see.

805593[/snapback]

<_<;)

right....that's the plan that jaruon and levy have decided to go with. I expect JP to be in there for all 16 games, barring injury, and then they'll evaluate his performance and growth after the season.

805596[/snapback]

Exactly, unitl the line improves such that there's a consisten pocket, you cannot lay the inept offense at JPs feet. He's definitely shown flashes and should be allowed to develop. Hopefully, we get a decent line in fron of him sooner or later.

Exactly, unitl the line improves such that there's a consisten pocket, you cannot lay the inept offense at JPs feet.  He's definitely shown flashes and should be allowed to develop.  Hopefully, we get a decent line in fron of him sooner or later.

805602[/snapback]

I couldn't see the game, but based on what those who DID see it are saying, the line was horrible, particularly Gandy....we need a line that is appropriately tough considering the fact that we are a cold weather team.

I couldn't see the game, but based on what those who DID see it are saying, the line was horrible, particularly Gandy....we need a line that is appropriately tough considering the fact that we are a cold weather team.

805607[/snapback]

I saw that game - consider yourself lucky. It wasn't as close as the score looked. We were pretty well outplayed in every aspect. The OLine was particulary miserable. Throw in some questionable play calls, a completely lousy defensive effort, and a few bad ref calls; and you have a miserable game.

i couldn't disagree more. JP looked good - to a point - today.

hard to make plays when you have tp scramble 9 passes out of 10

805159[/snapback]

He's only scrambling because he can't make a decision. He is starting to look like Bledsoe. Please can we get a qb that takes a 3 step drop and make a decision? Either throw to a reciever, throw it away or run. I was a pretty good jp supporter but now he is looking like a bust. Im comparing him to guys like Alex Smith and Rivers. Both these guys are kinda along the same time line but both are looking more like a NFL qb than Losman is. Right now

Losman=Bledsoe

I saw that game - consider yourself lucky.  It wasn't as close as the score looked.  We were pretty well outplayed in every aspect.  The OLine was particulary miserable.  Throw in some questionable play calls, a completely lousy defensive effort, and a few bad ref calls; and you have a miserable game.

805611[/snapback]

Like everyone else, I'm just so sick of hearing about how bad the Oline is....we need to just fix the damn thing once and for all...enough of this crap!

Like everyone else, I'm just so sick of hearing about how bad the Oline is....we need to just fix the damn thing once and for all...enough of this crap!

805618[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking watching the game - I'm tired of this crap. Why does it seem like every other team out there can throw a quick slant or a screen? But, we can never do that.

JP played pretty well when given the chance, but way too many 5 and 7 step drops for this line. They have to realize this line can't hold the ruch long enough for any QB to drop back 7 steps then set and scan the field. On the one decent drive, it was all 3 step drops.

Exactly what I was thinking watching the game - I'm tired of this crap.  Why does it seem like every other team out there can throw a quick slant or a screen?  But, we can never do that.

JP played pretty well when given the chance, but way too many 5 and  7 step drops for this line.  They have to realize this line can't hold the ruch long enough for any QB to drop back 7 steps then set and scan the field.  On the one decent drive, it was all 3 step  drops.

805623[/snapback]

I have been meaning to ask about that....during our last drive (well, the last "real" drive), it seemed like we were moving the ball slowly but surely down the field with about six mins left to go...plenty of time. Next thing you know nfl.com is saying that Losman was going "deep left to L. Evans - incomplete" and getting sacked....if it was the short drops that were working, Fairchild needs to have his head examined if going away from that was what screwed us <_<