JP and Rothlisberger

pBills

A QB coming out of nowhere - the rookie Gradkowski - with the opposition having essentially zero film on him, can indeed have a good game.  Folks were ga-ga about Volek and his potential for a while, too.

802764[/snapback]

And Rob Johnson.

A QB coming out of nowhere - the rookie Gradkowski - with the opposition having essentially zero film on him, can indeed have a good game.  Folks were ga-ga about Volek and his potential for a while, too.

802764[/snapback]

Didn't Rob Johnson parlay a one game win agains the Ravens into a 25M contract ?

Didn't Rob Johnson parlay a one game win agains the Ravens into a 25M contract ?

803002[/snapback]

RJ certainly had all the so-called "tools". He certainly deserves knocks on the head for taking sacks and not chanching the interception. Maybe coaching could have changed that, maybe it was never possible.

Teammate Flutie's abrasive me me me personality was not a plus for a younger player. Contrast Kitna's support of Palmer.

RJ is a pretty good example of the "he could have been" school of thought.

Whatever his warts, I'd never accuse RJ of not having grit.

RJ certainly had all the so-called "tools". He certainly deserves knocks on the head for taking sacks and not chanching the interception. Maybe coaching could have changed that, maybe it was never possible.

Teammate Flutie's abrasive me me me personality was not a plus for a younger player. Contrast Kitna's support of Palmer.

RJ is a pretty good example of the "he could have been" school of thought.

Whatever his warts, I'd never accuse RJ of not having grit.

803024[/snapback]

The comment was not about RJ not having grit....It was in response to people who were quoting Brad G. as the next-coming of Joe Montana....As another poster mentioned, teams did not have film of this guy before this game.

I am fine with Losman as the QB of the bills for this season...Thank you. He is making enough progress and the coachign staff is showing enough faith in this guy to succeed. Finally, the players are also buying into this guy. This team is going to have a bumpy ride this season, but I don't think changing to Holcomb or Nall is going to change that outcome any better.

Just wondering how ESPN can rank Rothlisberger ahead of JP?  Granted none of them want to say that the crown they gave him was for nothing or based off of one season with Bettis.  But come on, the guy has thrown ZERO TD's and 7 interceptions.  He should be way, way, way towards the bottom.

Second thought...

Bills 21    Lions 10

New England  13    Bills 17

4-3 going into the bye-week.  That would be great!!!

802530[/snapback]

Oh do I wish you were the pittsburgh GM. I would offer you JP for Rothliesburger but you MUST throw in a top O or D lineman--since JP is the better QB.

The comment was not about RJ not having grit....It was in response to people who were quoting Brad G. as the next-coming of Joe Montana....As another poster mentioned, teams did not have film of this guy before this game. 

I am fine with Losman as the QB of the bills for this season...Thank you. He is making enough progress and the coachign staff is showing enough faith in this guy to succeed. Finally, the players are also buying into this guy.  This team is going to have a bumpy ride this season, but I don't think changing to Holcomb or Nall is going to change that outcome any better.

803056[/snapback]

I posted that about Gradkowski (sp?) and lack of game film.

Don't get me wrong - I think JP has done pretty good so far, too.

Dude - you're kidding right?

802537[/snapback]

I said it before the season began--Losman is the better quaterback--more accurate, a much better arm, and more intelligent. It is very acceptable to say he is the better quarterback--already.

You are probably one of the pre season bashers, or Leinhart fans. Predict the Bills at 4-12 probably, eh? With Losman at the helm, this team will get better and better this year.

A great arm, very intelligent, good leader, and very, very determined. He will be considered the best quarteback of those drafted the year he was.

I am fine with Losman as the QB of the bills for this season...Thank you. He is making enough progress and the coachign staff is showing enough faith in this guy to succeed. Finally, the players are also buying into this guy.  This team is going to have a bumpy ride this season, but I don't think changing to Holcomb or Nall is going to change that outcome any better.

803056[/snapback]

A bumpy ride? Why would you say that? Because of the Chicago game? This Bills team is a playoff team, have played very well---and will, like any well-coached team, get better, and better, and better...

Funny to read these negative comments on this thread about Losman, questioning him. I guarantee you if I checked the old threads, all of those STILL questioning him were the ones bashing him all along--just trying to hold onto their criticism--and ignoring the talent right in front of their eyes. Ridiculous. I wouldn't trade Losman for ANY of the young quarterbacks in this league now.

I don't really care so much about ESPN and rankings (although I do read them all), because we are going to remain underrated and unnoticed until we do something, so 3-3 after Detroit is all that matters right now.

But in terms of the national media being unfair to the Bills, I wouldn't point to a ranking of Ben over JP as a rallying point. I'm a big JP fan, and hope he continues to develop and becomes a Super Bowl champion and hall of famer. But Big Ben can't have a couple rough games coming off a major motorcycle accident followed by an emergency apendectomy outweight the fact that he is an excellent quarterback and a super bowl champion.

Just wondering how ESPN can rank Rothlisberger ahead of JP?  Granted none of them want to say that the crown they gave him was for nothing or based off of one season with Bettis.  But come on, the guy has thrown ZERO TD's and 7 interceptions.  He should be way, way, way towards the bottom.

Second thought...

Bills 21    Lions 10

New England  13    Bills 17

4-3 going into the bye-week.  That would be great!!!

802530[/snapback]

That would be great but well have to see what the outcome of tomorrow's game is.