Next week's Toilet Bowl may be moved...

Dan Gross

Those planning on watching the Arizona/Oakland battle next Sunday may have to wait until Monday, thanks to the A's.

I know many of you will be disappointed. :lol:

801719[/snapback]

I will laugh my nuts off if the game gets moved until Monday and the networks don't even broadcast it.

On a side note, how dumb are the schedule makers? They know that the A's and the Raiders share the same complex. They know that the A's have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs every year, why not try scheduling an away game during the MLB playoffs?

I will laugh my nuts off if the game gets moved until Monday and the networks don't even broadcast it.

On a side note, how dumb are the schedule makers? They know that the A's and the Raiders share the same complex. They know that the A's have a legitimate shot to make the playoffs every year, why not try scheduling an away game during the MLB playoffs?

801943[/snapback]

Why try to schedule a playoff MLB game on a Sunday at a NFL team's stadium? :lol:

It isn't an NFL team's Stadium, it belongs to Oakland-Alameda County.

801975[/snapback]

thats not the point, knowing that a football game is already scheduled there, why not just play the game monday then? baseball has only endured since march so i think one more day won't hurt. I think MLB screwed up, now if the Raiders were good, it would matter to some people, but i guess it is ok for the raiders to accept moving back a day

thats not the point, knowing that a football game is already scheduled there, why not just play the game monday then? baseball has only endured since march so i think one more day won't hurt. I think MLB screwed up, now if the Raiders were good, it would matter to some people, but i guess it is ok for the raiders to accept moving back a day

802033[/snapback]

I suspect the organization that has 81 confirmed dates take precedent over the one with 8 occupancy dates...

I suspect the organization that has 81 confirmed dates take precedent over the one with 8 occupancy dates...

802040[/snapback]

unfortunately so, even though football is not afraid to be played in the rain, unlike the mama's boys of summer :) thus football should get preference, and baseball can wait a day or three

802033[/snapback]

Doing so would give teams an unfair advantage by giving their pitchers an extra days rest, especially a team like the Tigers and that flamethrower Zumaya closing games, or if the Twins had advanced and Santana was able to get an extra start.

Besides, every day that the playoffs get pushed out is a day closer to November. Baseball and cold weather are not friends.

Doing so would give teams an unfair advantage by giving their pitchers an extra days rest, especially a team like the Tigers and that flamethrower Zumaya closing games, or if the Twins had advanced and Santana was able to get an extra start.

Besides, every day that the playoffs get pushed out is a day closer to November. Baseball and cold weather are not friends.

802074[/snapback]

oh come on, that should be called planning by the manager, knowing how to get his ace in the series 2 maybe 3 times. Besides, baseball players have to get used to playing in cold weather, i mean after all they play in april and the weather is typically no better on opening day than it is now. That and baseball players need to learn to suck it up a bit, like they would have to if oakland were to have a quake, they would have to play in november like they did when that one earthquake hit.

802033[/snapback]

Because the MLB playoff$ are locked into the TV $chedule, no matter who's playing. Game 2 of the World Serie$ is $unday, October 22, 7:30 Eastern, at the AL champion's park. That's why there won't be an NFL game on NBC that night.

(Did I mention $$$?)

Looks like it might not matter anyway, since the Tigers are up 2-0 and heading home for the next three games.