Some people should really take this to heart

Fezmid

I'm just wondering what was being posted.  If it was things like, "I'm going to hunt down all you black people and kill you all," then that could be a problem...

798013[/snapback]

Change all you black people to "all you pats & fish fans" and i think we can all be guilty of this crime :lol:

I just reported you... not because I think you're violent, but because you're german and you never know :D

798015[/snapback]

:lol:

I'm not torn.

Nazis were allowed to march in a parade in Skokie, Ill. The Supreme Court upheld this right. If I read it right, it would be the same thing that just b/c they marched in stupid  khaki clothing wearing swastikas and verbally promoting (what was actually a small part of) Nazism, the police can break down their doors, search their drawers, and use their toilet.

The First Amendment provides "freedom for the thought we hate." The other 99% of us can only hope to stamp it out by using the First in like kind to promote tolerance.

798000[/snapback]

I"m not torn about how this should be handled in the US, but they don't have the same laws we do. I'm all for this moron getting put away for a while, as long as it's not a 1st ammendmenet violation.

What I got out of this, is that the mother of the murder victim did NOT accept a hand written apology sent by the poster of these messages. IMHO, there is much more to this than is being told here. It is quite possible that there was a history between the poster and the murder victim, or the families all together. I would guess that if further investigation is done, you would probably find out that the family of the victim, is not really that innocent. Just my take.

What I got out of this, is that the mother of the murder victim did NOT accept a hand written apology sent by the poster of these messages.

The letter was written while in trial -- he didn't do it before being arrested, so I'd have to wonder if it's really sincere or not.

But it does bring up the question of what exactly was said.