Corey Simon out for remainder of season

5 Wide

Corey Simon will miss the rest of the season. He will be out while recovering from a "non-football illness". He has also visited the mayo clinic recently. That is awful news for the guy and you can just hope for the best for him for a full recovery. It kinda sounds like what Mario Lemieux went through.

Das Link

Corey Simon will miss the rest of the season.  He will be out while recovering from a "non-football illness".  He has also visited the mayo clinic recently.  That is awful news for the guy and you can just hope for the best for him for a full recovery.  It kinda sounds like what Mario Lemieux went through.

Das Link

797113[/snapback]

Mayo Clinic for a knee injury??? Plus Colts implied its not knee injury at all so sounds like its something else. We wont know unless Corey releases something himself

Yep, and the Colts apparently aren't paying him. Have already heard grumblings that the money could have been spent on Edge or even Tripplet.

That's pretty nice 20/20 hindsight there. The fact is that Simon was likely hiding the problem from the Colts and has been suffering from this for years now. And since he's collected $13M in bonus from them plus $545K last year in base salary, I'd say that they SHOULDN'T have to pay him.

I heard a report on NFL network that the Colts think Simon should be playing ball right now but he says he's not ready yet. Apparently he was supposed to be ready 4 weeks after a procedure and it's now been 10 weeks. They were implying that during that time he was sitting around on his fat ass doing nothing while his weight balooned up to as high as 370lbs. Speculation is that the Colts believe he brought this on himself by being a disinterested slob and that is the reason that they don't want to pay him.

I don't know what the truth is but Simon has had a reputation for not exactly being a dedicated player. And I have a real hard time imagining a stand-up guy like Tony Dungy being a party to the organization trying to get out of a guy's contract unless they have a legitimate reason to.

If Cory is legitimately ill due to some condition beyond his control, then he has my sympathies. But I'm not convinced that's the case and apparently the Colts aren't either.

That's pretty nice 20/20 hindsight there.  The fact is that Simon was likely hiding the problem from the Colts and has been suffering from this for years now.  And since he's collected $13M in bonus from them plus $545K last year in base salary, I'd say that they SHOULDN'T have to pay him.

797385[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more.