McGahee Authentic Jerseys

sullim4

The markets is FLOODED with fake "authentic" McGahee jerseys - unless you've seen a true authentic jersey you might not know the difference.

I got one on EBay after reading a few hundred feedbacks where people confirmed these were authentic - I got mine for $65.

Before I opened it up I knew it was fake - it just didn't weigh enough. Real jerseys (I have a Bledsoe authentic) are really heavy weight material. The spandex sides are heavy weight. The elastic on the sleeves is heavy. The letters are heavy and stiff.

In hindsight I don't think the EBay feedback was bogus - I just think people got fake jerseys and didn't know they were fake so they left feedback saying these were authentic.

The fakes look pretty good, even down to the NFL tags, but if you put it up to a real authentic you'll know the difference immediately.

I'm happy with my fake - it probably about the best jersey I was going to get for $65 (I really wanted to have sewn on letters - I hate the screened jerseys).

It's possible that the ones on EastBay are real, but keep in mind that these normally sell for $200+ and there are lots of fakes on the market - at $89.99 are you getting lucky or scammed?

The markets is FLOODED with fake "authentic" McGahee jerseys - unless you've seen a true authentic jersey you might not know the difference.

797016[/snapback]

I agree many people don't really know the difference. Every time I where my Spikes Authentic I have multiple people coming up to tell me how awsome it is (even non-Bills fans). Authentic are great, just sooooo damn expensive.

I got one on EBay after reading a few hundred feedbacks where people confirmed these were authentic - I got mine for $65.

Before I opened it up I knew it was fake - it just didn't weigh enough. Real jerseys (I have a Bledsoe authentic) are really heavy weight material. The spandex sides are heavy weight. The elastic on the sleeves is heavy. The letters are heavy and stiff.

In hindsight I don't think the EBay feedback was bogus - I just think people got fake jerseys and didn't know they were fake so they left feedback saying these were authentic.

The fakes look pretty good, even down to the NFL tags, but if you put it up to a real authentic you'll know the difference immediately.

I'm happy with my fake - it probably about the best jersey I was going to get for $65 (I really wanted to have sewn on letters - I hate the screened jerseys).

It's possible that the ones on EastBay are real, but keep in mind that these normally sell for $200+ and there are lots of fakes on the market - at $89.99 are you getting lucky or scammed?

797016[/snapback]

I'm starting a little business venture with Jerseys on EBAY. 90% of it is fake. Everybody claims they're selling an authentic jersey. Most are replicas, some are the new Reebok jersey which is better then a replica but not as good as an authentic. It still has tackle twill letters and numbers, but they don't have the depth or the jersey material that matches up with the authentics. Like you said the people on Ebay just assume it's authentic, and leave Feedback. The Eastbay thing looks legit, but most the time if it's under $100 no way is it an authentic jersey.

I'm starting a little business venture with Jerseys on EBAY. 90% of it is fake. Everybody claims they're selling an authentic jersey. Most are replicas, some are the new Reebok jersey which is better then a replica but not as good as an authentic. It still has tackle twill letters and numbers, but they don't have the depth or the jersey material that matches up with the authentics. Like you said the people on Ebay just assume it's authentic, and leave Feedback. The Eastbay thing looks legit, but most the time if it's under $100 no way is it an authentic jersey.

797148[/snapback]

The tell-tale sign of the McGahee fake is that the small "c" on the back is only single colored - it is not "highlighted" by another layer of letter (although the big letters are highlighted).

I was trying to see if Eastbay was legit and the picture looks like it shows a real jersey, but it could just be the picture.

Rule #1 of buying a jersey online - make sure you get a picture of the actual jersey for sale, not just a catalog image that could have come right from the Bills store.

Rule #2 - don't trust feedback saying the jersey is authentic - people are generally cluless.

The tell-tale sign of the McGahee fake is that the small "c" on the back is only single colored - it is not "highlighted" by another layer of letter (although the big letters are highlighted).

I was trying to see if Eastbay was legit and the picture looks like it shows a real jersey, but it could just be the picture.

Rule #1 of buying a jersey online - make sure you get a picture of the actual jersey for sale, not just a catalog image that could have come right from the Bills store.

Rule #2 - don't trust feedback saying the jersey is authentic - people are generally cluless.

797218[/snapback]

Good points. I also beleive The NFL replicas should say made in China, not Japan, or visa versa. I think the Eastbay thing is legit, mainly because Eastbay is a legit company. It's hard to rationalize prices that low, but they're selling all away jerseys of players who have been around for awhile. Maybe they're just discounting last years Jersey's in the least popular style. It's still a hella deal though if it's real.

797016[/snapback]

I've seen the same counterfeit, when a kid I work with asked me to take a look at one he'd bought. Major differences: the single-color "c", as you already pointed out. Polyester instead of nylon mesh. If you look at the jersey from the inside, the various layers on the numbers are stitched onto the jersey separately (instead of the numbers being assembled first, then attached to the jersey).

And while they do appear to have Reebok hangtags, they don't stand up to close inspection -- no hologram, and numerous typos in the print on the back. (Of course, I don't imagine they had a pic of the back of the tag in that auction, did they?)

Should've asked him if I could keep that tag. Don't imagine he still has it...

Like you, the kid who bought this one was disappointed it was fake, but was ultimately OK with paying $50 for what does look like an authentic. (And considering that the throwback replica I special-ordered last Christmas -- and paid about twice the $$ for -- is back in the shop having the numbers re-screened after one wearing/washing, I might be inclined to agree next time.)

If I had to guess sight-unseen, I'd say Eastbay has the real thing. Probably just can't move them; based on what I've seen at games, the road authentics seem a lot less popular than the blues.