Another Willis Topic

5 Wide

We talk about the light going on for Losman all the time, I believe that the light is also turning on for McGahee. Reading some quotes of his:

"If you want to be a good running back you've got to know how to run the ball and block," said McGahee. "I have to take my blocking game to another level and it's going to go up every week"

"That's something I need to work on period for my overall game," said McGahee of his blocking. "I do my best and try to help out the offensive line because they help me out. It's kind of like a two way street."

Willis looks like he's really becoming a member of the team and he's playing for the guys around him as much as he is for himself. I really think it's starting to all come together for him and I'm excited to see where it can go from here.

I just remember reading his transcripts from media days last season and they would read something like:

Willis what's your take on the Bears?

A: They're good

This year he seems like he's really into the team and everything that is involved in making a winner

This year:

"I have to step it up every week to tell you the truth. I have to give JP that confidence that no one is coming from the backside when I’m in there. I have to step my game up all around. We have to chip real good and let them know we’re there."

"I have to get fired up every week to tell you the truth. It’s not just because we’re playing them, it’s against every team you go against. I have to go out and perform. Don’t get it wrong, they’re good. We’re good too and we have faith in each other on this team and in this organization. We’re not worried about what other people are saying. We have to go out there and perform."

He's showing more fire and passion about this season then he has since he got here

I just remember reading his transcripts from media days last season and they would read something like:

Willis what's your take on the Bears?

A: They're good

This year he seems like he's really into the team and everything that is involved in making a winner

This year:

"I have to step it up every week to tell you the truth. I have to give JP that confidence that no one is coming from the backside when I’m in there. I have to step my game up all around. We have to chip real good and let them know we’re there."

"I have to get fired up every week to tell you the truth. It’s not just because we’re playing them, it’s against every team you go against. I have to go out and perform. Don’t get it wrong, they’re good. We’re good too and we have faith in each other on this team and in this organization. We’re not worried about what other people are saying. We have to go out there and perform."

He's showing more fire and passion about this season then he has since he got here

796075[/snapback]

Yes he is, and you can see and hear the difference this coaching staff is making with a number of players. The businesslike attitude and accountability is evident. This is a very good sign.

Willis looks like he's really becoming a member of the team and he's playing for the guys around him as much as he is for himself.  I really think it's starting to all come together for him and I'm excited to see where it can go from here.

796055[/snapback]

You got to credit Jauron for building this "team first" atmosphere....

I love this team.  Give credit to Jauron and Marv for the atmosphere.  Under TD, it became too....corporate.  Now it really is starting to feel like a team and a family, the way it did back in the day!

796230[/snapback]

I do as well...This team has a winning attitude for the first time in years. Winning attitudes = winning teams. I know we aren't there yet but I think we're close.

We talk about the light going on for Losman all the time, I believe that the light is also turning on for McGahee.  Reading some quotes of his:

"If you want to be a good running back you've got to know how to run the ball and block," said McGahee. "I have to take my blocking game to another level and it's going to go up every week"

"That's something I need to work on period for my overall game," said McGahee of his blocking. "I do my best and try to help out the offensive line because they help me out. It's kind of like a two way street."

Willis looks like he's really becoming a member of the team and he's playing for the guys around him as much as he is for himself.  I really think it's starting to all come together for him and I'm excited to see where it can go from here.

796055[/snapback]

I wonder if this has much to do with the new coaching staff and direction that Marv is leading the team towards?? Nah, lets "be fair and not one-sided". Donahoe players are just getting better and mostly b/c he knew they would and some b/c some of his braintrust (Guy and Modrak) is still in Buffalo. Just for you, Mort! :D

I love this team.  Give credit to Jauron and Marv for the atmosphere.  Under TD, it became too....corporate.  Now it really is starting to feel like a team and a family, the way it did back in the day!

796230[/snapback]

I have been working out of town all week without internet. This is the first time I have got to check the wall. It has been a very long time since anyone stated they love this team. This is great, Ralph deserves the most credit, for getting this ship in the right direction. Now let's put it to Chicago.