Why is everyone kissing Chicago's butt?

For goodness sakes. Yes they look very good, and yes we are a huge underdog, but for goodness sakes ... we are FANS ... were suppose to be talking about our team winning. I dont think anyone thought (including Las Vegas odssmakers) that the Jets could beat Indi and by goodness if they didnt leave Peyton 2:00 minutes to drive then they would have beaten Indi. The Chicago Bears are playing inspired football. They are also starting a QB who has only started 5 games in the past two years. They are good and they are 4-0 ... but lets face it. We should be ATLEAST 3-1 and possibly 4-0 if we could just score against the Jets when we should have (3 attempts from the 2 yard line - bootleg), fake field goal ...etc

Now instead of kissing their butt for the stuff they are good at lets look at a few things:

They have played Greenbay, Detroit, Minnesota (who nearly won it), and Seattle* A combined record of 6-10 ...

** Seattle was playing without their MVP

Note: Minnesota gave them a wild game and was leading with about a minute left if I remember right.

They are ranked 21st in rushing offense (thats good considering our run defense usually is not good)

The next coming of Jim Kelly, AKA, Rex Grossman actually has 4 TD's and 3 INT's, for 772 yards when taking away a cake walk of a game against Detroit at the Bears home opener. Looks like Losman numbers dont they?

NOTE: He has yet to throw for over 300 yards even though he has faced Detroit, Greenbay, and Minnesota. Oh yeah - Losman also has a better completion percentage.

Chicago is 4th in the league in penalty yards giving up 260 yards of Penalties. An everage of 65 a game.

Anyway ... I just figured I would give a positive post out of all the negativity floating around. :w00t:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to annoint a new super star can't miss the SB team.  It happens every year. Until they lose 2 in a row.  Then they'll be back on skid row, with the Bills.

795655[/snapback]

Funny you mention that because they remind me a lot of the Seahawks of 2 years ago ... doing great and a SB pick, until they walked into NE and got their butts handed to them.

Ummmm....Chicago is lights out and I wish Losman was half the player Grossman is.

Also, Indy is going to make us look like a pop warner team. We are no better than Houston.

Wish we had Mario Williams

795673[/snapback]

Two years ago Grossman was the Bum of the Month

Sound familiar?

I would be happy for a month. Heck I would be elated if that happened because then our next 3 games are:

Detroit - W

NE - W b/c were at home

GB - W

we go into Indi with a 6-2 record

795663[/snapback]

Be VERY careful of chalking up Detroit as a win. I'll be at that game, I lived in the area forever. If the Lions are still winless you can expect them to fight for a W against us to there last dieing breath. They also tend to be at least average at home, almost beating Seattle in week 1. We are a better team, but just like this week anything can happen in the NFL.

Be VERY careful of chalking up Detroit as a win. I'll be at that game, I lived in the area forever. If the Lions are still winless you can expect them to fight for a W against us to there last dieing breath. They also tend to be at least average at home, almost beating Seattle in week 1. We are a better team, but just like this week anything can happen in the NFL.

795722[/snapback]

Of course. In no way do I mean its an easy win. But if we can pull off an upset in Chicago then we should be riding a pretty good wave into Detroit.

Ummmm....Chicago is lights out and I wish Losman was half the player Grossman is.

Also, Indy is going to make us look like a pop warner team. We are no better than Houston.

795673[/snapback]

This is going to be tough to beat for tard of the week ... JoeSixPack has some serious competition.

Sound familiar?

795713[/snapback]

Yeah, that was because Grossman kept getting hurt. Unfortunate accidents kept him from playing consistently and developing. But this season he is developing. He may not be Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger or either one of the Mannings, but he is the best QB that the Bears have seen in at least a decade. He raises our Offense to #8 in the NFL.

Last year with a #29 Offense and #1 Defense we went 11-5 (including 8 straight wins - with a complete sweep of the NFC South) and #2 seed in the NFC. We have the same #1 Defense (in fewest points allowed) and a #4 Offense (in points scored) to complement it now.

I don't think that we'll be going unbeaten or are a lock for the Super Bowl, but I do think that we're good for at least 13-3, maybe #1 seed in the NFC with a 1st round bye and definitely going deep into the playoffs this time.

But I do believe that the Bills will give us a much closer Vikings-type game this Sunday. But Home Field Advantage will definitely tip it to da Bears...

BEARS 21

Bills 13

Yeah, that was because Grossman kept getting hurt.  Unfortunate accidents kept him from playing consistently and developing.  But this season he is developing.  He may not be Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger or either one of the Mannings, but he is the best QB that the Bears have seen in at least a decade.  He raises our Offense to #8 in the NFL. 

Last year with a #29 Offense and #1 Defense we went 11-5 (including 8 straight wins - with a complete sweep of the NFC South) and #2 seed in the NFC.  We have the same #1 Defense (in fewest points allowed) and a #4 Offense (in points scored) to complement it now.

I don't think that we'll be going unbeaten or are a lock for the Super Bowl, but I do think that we're good for at least 13-3, maybe #1 seed in the NFC with a 1st round bye and definitely going deep into the playoffs this time.

But I do believe that the Bills will give us a much closer Vikings-type game this Sunday.  But Home Field Advantage will definitely tip it to da Bears...

BEARS 21

Bills 13

795733[/snapback]

Put Losman on the Bears and Chicago goes 4-12 this year.

Put Grossmann on the Bills and we'd be talking Superbowl.

The Bills vs Bears is not even a fair game when the Bears obviously have a Future Hall of Famer at QB.

Yeah, that was because Grossman kept getting hurt.  Unfortunate accidents kept him from playing consistently and developing.  But this season he is developing.  He may not be Tom Brady or Ben Roethlisberger or either one of the Mannings, but he is the best QB that the Bears have seen in at least a decade.  He raises our Offense to #8 in the NFL. 

Last year with a #29 Offense and #1 Defense we went 11-5 (including 8 straight wins - with a complete sweep of the NFC South) and #2 seed in the NFC.  We have the same #1 Defense (in fewest points allowed) and a #8 Offense to complement it now.

But I do believe that the Bills will give us a much closer Vikings-type game this Sunday.  But Home Field Advantage will definitely tip it to da Bears...

BEARS 21

Bills 13

795733[/snapback]

Look at my original post. Without a huge game against the pitiful Lions, his stats are kinda just agh ... nothing special. Yet if you look at other QB's and you take out their best game then their stats are still good.

Listen. Im not saying that Grossman is bad. I think he is very talented. But 3 of his 4 games are decent games. He had 1 great game against a bad team.

Also. You played 2 bad teams, 1 decent team, and 1 good team without the league MVP.

Sound familiar?

795713[/snapback]

2 years ago????

Heck, just go back to the preseason, I was at the cards bears game where they were booing him by halftime and cheering Griese

Yup, Grossman is the next Hall of Fame QB, and Lossman is just another Ryan Leaf

795673[/snapback]

I know I ain't burning up the posts, but couldn't you have said something intelligent with #16?

795673[/snapback]

How's life under the bridge?

Well their opponents are 6-10 because they're 4-0. If they were 2-2 their opponents would be 8-8 just like ours.

Any discredit for "almost" losing in Minnesota is absurd since it was a division road game and a more important game for the Vikings.

They're the best team in the NFC.

Well their opponents are 6-10 because they're 4-0.  If they were 2-2 their opponents would be 8-8 just like ours. 

Any discredit for "almost" losing in Minnesota is absurd since it was a division road game and a more important game for the Vikings.

They're the best team in the NFC.

795823[/snapback]

That logic doesnt fly for me ... did we keep the NE games in 2003-04 close because were in their division and needed it more? No --- in fact I think we lost 3/4 and those 3 were by a lot.

So while your secretly rooting for Chicago, I will be a Bills fan and be FANatic about my teams chance of winning this game.

edit: follow up ... we actually lost 5/6 to the Patriots between 2002-2004 the games we lost, we lost by a combined 108 points or an average of 21 point differential victories

and more important? how is one 2-0 team playing another 2-0 team a more important win for one and not the other?

That logic doesnt fly for me ... did we keep the NE games in 2003-04 close because were in their division and needed it more? No --- in fact I think we lost 3/4 and those 3 were by a lot.

So while your secretly rooting for Chicago, I will be a Bills fan and be FANatic about my teams chance of winning this game.

795833[/snapback]

Yeah clearly I'm rooting for the Bears since I think they're good.

Might want to double check those Pats-Bills 03-04 games in Buffalo.