Why is everyone kissing Chicago's butt?

For goodness sakes. Yes they look very good, and yes we are a huge underdog, but for goodness sakes ... we are FANS ... were suppose to be talking about our team winning. I dont think anyone thought (including Las Vegas odssmakers) that the Jets could beat Indi and by goodness if they didnt leave Peyton 2:00  minutes to drive then they would have beaten Indi. The Chicago Bears are playing inspired football. They are also starting a QB who has only started 5 games in the past two years. They are good and they are 4-0 ... but lets face it. We should be ATLEAST 3-1 and possibly 4-0 if we could just score against the Jets when we should have (3 attempts from the 2 yard line - bootleg), fake field goal ...etc

Now instead of kissing their butt for the stuff they are good at lets look at a few things:

They have played Greenbay, Detroit, Minnesota (who nearly won it), and Seattle* A combined record of 6-10 ...

** Seattle was playing without their MVP

Note: Minnesota gave them a wild game and was leading with about a minute left if I remember right.

They are ranked 21st in rushing offense (thats good considering our run defense usually is not good)

The next coming of Jim Kelly, AKA, Rex Grossman actually has 4 TD's and 3 INT's, for 772 yards when taking away a cake walk of a game against Detroit at the Bears home opener. Looks like Losman numbers dont they?

NOTE: He has yet to throw for over 300 yards even though he has faced Detroit, Greenbay, and Minnesota. Oh yeah - Losman also has a better completion percentage.

Chicago is 4th in the league in penalty yards giving up 260 yards of Penalties. An everage of 65 a game.

Anyway ... I just figured I would give a positive post out of all the negativity floating around.  :w00t:

795648[/snapback]

Because they have a damn good team you dipshit, better then the Bills.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah clearly I'm rooting for the Bears since I think they're good.

Might want to double check those Pats-Bills 03-04 games in Buffalo.

795846[/snapback]

I actually did

follow up ... we actually lost 5/6 to the Patriots between 2002-2004 the games we lost, we lost by a combined 108 points or an average of 21 point differential victories

Rofl, this board is so weird. All the optimists think every team we play every week every year isn't that good and we can win; and when we lose they say "did you really expect us to be in the game against X"? It seems incredibly contradictory but whatever. I on the other hand go in with realistic expectations and still manage to get pissed off after a loss.

Rofl, this board is so weird.  All the optimists think every team we play every week every year isn't that good and we can win; and when we lose they say "did you really expect us to be in the game against X"?  It seems incredibly contradictory but whatever.  I on the other hand go in with realistic expectations and still manage to get pissed off after a loss.

795918[/snapback]

Why dont you go and find a time where I did what you said above. I dont. But if the Bills do beat the Bears Im sure you will find some way that they messed up and the Bills arent that good ...

Look... the bears are a good team. They might be the best. Tough on defense, and they now have a leader on offense. The people who think we're going to lose this week are being realistic. We can't really score points. That is the truth. Chicago is a very good team. Buffalo is a rising team. There is a difference. And I'm being realistic when i say, we are going to lose this coming Sunday. But i hope we can put up a fight. 24-10 Bears.

Look... the bears are a good team. They might be the best. Tough on defense, and they now have a leader on offense. The people who think we're going to lose this week are being realistic. We can't really score points. That is the truth. Chicago is a very good team. Buffalo is a rising team. There is a difference. And I'm being realistic when i say, we are going to lose this coming Sunday. But i hope we can put up a fight. 24-10 Bears.

795924[/snapback]

ZOMG admit it - you'll be wearing a Jim McMahon jersey on Sunday.

Oh how it is embarrasing to be a Bills fan ...  :w00t:

795863[/snapback]

Wow, you think its embarrassing because a fan admits that a team, which has a better record then the team that a fan is rooting for, is better then they are?

What the !@#$ planet are you from?

Wow, you think its embarrassing because a fan admits that a team, which has a better record then the team that a fan is rooting for, is better then they are?

What the !@#$ planet are you from?

795934[/snapback]

Maybe im just thinking weird today but it just doesnt seem right (at this time of the day) that people who call themselves FANatics are calling a game a loss before the game is even played. If your so confident, then why shouldnt the players be? Why should they even show up to play?

Rofl, this board is so weird.  All the optimists think every team we play every week every year isn't that good and we can win; and when we lose they say "did you really expect us to be in the game against X"?  It seems incredibly contradictory but whatever.  I on the other hand go in with realistic expectations and still manage to get pissed off after a loss.

795918[/snapback]

I don't know about previous years since this is my first season here but....

You are totally wrong so far this season....with this team.

We have won 50% of our games & the other two, people came away saying "Oh, we should have won those! :w00t: ".

I don't know what prompted your post(maybe an errant memory) but nothing so far this season points to what you said as being valid.

I don't know about previous years since this is my first season here but....

You are totally wrong so far this season....with this team.

We have won 50% of our games & the other two, people came away saying "Oh, we should have won those! :lol: ".

I don't know what prompted your post(maybe an errant memory) but nothing so far this season points to what you said as being valid.

795955[/snapback]

I have been here since 2002, although under a different name and I dont exactly understand it either ... :w00t:

To me a fan shouldnt be labeled a realist or non-realist. Why would you go into a game thinking you were going to lose?

Oh well.

Maybe im just thinking weird today but it just doesnt seem right (at this time of the day) that people who call themselves FANatics are calling a game a loss before the game is even played. If your so confident, then why shouldnt the players be? Why should they even show up to play?

795935[/snapback]

What?

No, the Bears right now are the better team.

I'm hopeful that the Bills will win on Sunday, I'll root for them to win and I think that they can, but I'll kiss Chicago's butt because currently they ARE the better team.

Whats not to understand there?