Talk about arrogance...

blzrul

Just when it seems like the arrogant, igorant idiots in the GOP-controlled (nay, dominated) Congress have done it all, they top it.

The latest is, of course, not Foley and His Family Values, but the $20m they've set aside for the Iraq Victory Party.

On the other hand, if they bank it until the war is actually over, and if we actually win, the interest it will amass could be almost as astronimical as the cost of the war itself.

Just in case the insurgency needed any more incentive....morons.

This is lunacy of the highest order! What a bunch of pompuss, ignominious, pedophiles! We pay those fighting men and women enough, why do they need a party? Surely that money could've been better spent by giving it to the art world! We need more urine and feces art Dammit!

If I was a betting person, I would bet one of the Kennedy clan included the money in the bill, because you KNOW they love a party!!!!!!!!

This is lunacy of the highest order! What a bunch of pompuss, ignominious, pedophiles! We pay those fighting men and women enough, why do they need a party? Surely that money could've been better spent by giving it to the art world! We need more urine and feces art Dammit!

If I was a betting person, I would bet one of the Kennedy clan included the money in the bill, because you KNOW they love a party!!!!!!!!

795649[/snapback]

LOL

"Ghost of Nozzlenut"

:devil:

Just when it seems like the arrogant, igorant idiots in the GOP-controlled (nay, dominated) Congress have done it all, they top it.

The latest is, of course, not Foley and His Family Values, but the $20m they've set aside for the Iraq Victory Party.

On the other hand, if they bank it until the war is actually over, and if we actually win, the interest it will amass could be almost as astronimical as the cost of the war itself.

Just in case the insurgency needed any more incentive....morons.

795634[/snapback]

let's not gloss over the wink and nod by the Loyal Opposition. They could have fillibustered, eh? Of course, that might have held up some pet Dem projects... :D

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/04/washington/04victory.html

"In Bill’s Fine Print, Millions to Celebrate Victory - NYT

Published: October 4, 2006

"Tucked away in fine print in the military spending bill for this past year was a lump sum of $20 million to pay for a celebration in the nation’s capital “for commemoration of success” in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Not surprisingly, the money was not spent.

Now Congressional Republicans are saying, in effect, maybe next year. A paragraph written into spending legislation and approved by the Senate and House allows the $20 million to be rolled over into 2007.

The original legislation empowered the president to designate “a day of celebration” to commemorate the success of the armed forces in Afghanistan and Iraq, and to “issue a proclamation calling on the people of the United States to observe that day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.”

The celebration would honor the soldiers, sailors, air crews and marines who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it would be held in Washington, with the $20 million to cover the costs of military participation.

Democrats called attention to the measure, an act that Republicans are likely to portray as an effort to embarrass them five weeks before the midterm election. The Democrats said both the original language and the extension were pushed by Senate Republicans. A spokesman for the Republican-controlled Senate Armed Services Committee said it was protocol not to identify sponsors of such specific legislation.

The overall legislation was approved in the Senate by unanimous consent and overwhelmingly in the House after a short debate.

Democrats nevertheless said they were not pleased. (but voted for it...what sticklers for principle those Dems are, so true, so valiant and resolute and strong..huh? :D )

“If the Bush administration had spent more time planning for the postwar occupation of Iraq, and less time planning ‘mission accomplished’ victory celebrations, America would be closer to finishing the job in Iraq,” said Rebecca M. Kirszner, communications director for Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the Democratic leader.

Lt. Col. Brian Maka, a Pentagon spokesman, said late Tuesday that the event was envisioned as an opportunity for “honoring returning U.S. forces at the conclusion” of operations in Afghanistan and Iraq. “As the funds were not used in F.Y. 2006,” the official said, using the initials for fiscal year, “the authorization was rolled over into F.Y. 2007.”

A huff, a puff, and the indignant Dems voted "Yea"...

Does it please you to post one-sided references omitting facts, Blz? Tsk, tsk... :D

Democrats nevertheless said they were not pleased. (but voted for it...what sticklers for principle those Dems are, so true, so valiant and resolute and strong..huh? :D )

A huff, a puff, and the indignant Dems voted "Yea"...

Does it please you to post one-sided references omitting facts, Blz? Tsk, tsk... :D

796608[/snapback]

Because, you know, it would have been much better to delay military funding during wartime then to stick up for principle.

Seems to me last time a filibuster was threatened the Repig-controlled Congress took steps to throw out the filibuster and remove that avenue. I'll be the first to admit the Dems have been wimps. That doesn't make the Rethuglican STINK any less.

So why bother. Let's just all agree with the morons who can't seem to see a difference between consensual activity between two adults and a cheesy old PEDOPHILE propositioning under-age boys.

Republican Family Values. Hypocrites.

"If I was a Little debbie"

If I was a Little debbie,

I would be made of spongy cake,

Thoughts of President Kerry,

Would make my creamy insides quake,

Covered in a waxy coating,

With all the fat people doting,

I'd lie in my plastic wrapper at night,

In constant Neo-Con fright

Everything would be great,

Those who didn't agree with me,

Surely I would hate,

I'd post on a bulletin board,

To share my venom with the massing hoard,

If I was a Little debbie

Seems to me last time a filibuster was threatened the Repig-controlled Congress took steps to throw out the filibuster and remove that avenue.  I'll be the first to admit the Dems have been wimps.  That doesn't make the Rethuglican STINK any less.

So why bother.  Let's just all agree with the morons who can't seem to see a difference between consensual activity between two adults and a cheesy old PEDOPHILE propositioning under-age boys.

Republican Family Values.  Hypocrites.

796650[/snapback]

What's with this Repig and Rethuglian stuff? Very much an example of the dripping fangs behind the liberal smile.

Is this Foley thing the same as a President porking a 19 year-old in the Oval Office, and flinging out his privates to other women and feeling up a widowed woman?

At least this cur had the decency to resign... :D

Seems to me last time a filibuster was threatened the Repig-controlled Congress took steps to throw out the filibuster and remove that avenue.  I'll be the first to admit the Dems have been wimps.  That doesn't make the Rethuglican STINK any less.

So why bother.  Let's just all agree with the morons who can't seem to see a difference between consensual activity between two adults and a cheesy old PEDOPHILE propositioning under-age boys.

Republican Family Values.  Hypocrites.

796650[/snapback]

Those Rethuglicans are beginning to come out of the log cabin! I mean you know how much they hate people of color and gays! What a bunch of Hypocrites! Barney Fag at least admits he was running a whorehouse, but these re-pigs...they take it to another level.

Blzrul...I couldn't agree any more with your postings. You are such an astute an un-biased reporter of the treasonous crimes these yellow-bellied chicken-hawks perpetrated. I'm personnaly just thankful that we have you here amongst all these crazy people to TELL THE TRUTH!!

Like a fart making it's way to anal ring...you bring the true stench to light!