No respect, etc

silvermike

Let me repost this about our friend Lenny P

Here is what Lenny's P is about in a nutsell...

1. I'm fat

2. I'm from Pittsburgh

3. I love the Steelers

4. I'm a homer

5. I love TD

6. I love TD because he is from Pittsburgh

7. TD can change water into wine

8. The NFL should be only one team, the Pittsburgh Steelers

9. My sources are voices in my head at the buffet table

10. I am a fat man form Pittsburgh who loves the Steelers, TD and everything they stand for...

It gets old quick.

The NFL is notorious for being a copycat league. I think a lot of teams saw the impact of safeties like Ed Reed, Bob Sanders, and Troy Polamalu have had, and they are all looking for that type of guy. Obviously those three guys are on another level, but it doesn't stop teams from experimenting. Even though Polamalu was slowed by injury during the SB last year, I'm sure watching him throughout the playoffs got Marv's juices flowing about drafting a game-changing safety.

Thanks for posting!

I usuallly don't read fat Lenny anymore since Donahoe left. When Donahoe was here he was a must read as he would constantly leak Bills info. to him without sharing it with the local media.

Any story on rookie safety's should obviously be focused on the Bills since we are starting two and they are also having the biggest impact on their teams performance.

It was almost like Lenny didn't want to mention the Bills safety's at all but felt obligated to do so.

He is a dirt bag!!!!!!!

It was almost like Lenny didn't want to mention the Bills safety's at all but felt obligated to do so.

He is a dirt bag!!!!!!!

793891[/snapback]

I am sure if they had been drafted by TD last year and they are playing well this year, he would have dedicate a paragraph to them, with a punch line.."Afterall, TD knows how to make draft picks".

Precious:

The former Georgia Tech standout [Dawan Landry], chosen in the fifth round and with the 146th overall slot, has registered at least five tackles in each of the Ravens' four games. Although he hasn't generated any big plays yet in terms of sacks or interceptions, Landry has provided Baltimore with the kind of big (6 feet, 220 pounds), physical presence the Ravens were seeking to pair with ball-hawking free safety Ed Reed this season.

Donte Whitner - 23 tackles, 1 INT, one key 2 pt conversion break up.

I don't think this is so bad of a snub. He was probably at the Ravens game, and he got to talk to Newsome. Plus the Ravens are a 4-0 team, they are going to get more pub than the Bills. All the other safeties got just a sentence.

For some positive Bills press, check out what Gregg Easterbrook wrote about Jason Peters in today's TMQ column.

You gotta earn respect. The Bills have not made the playoffs since I think the 2000 season, maybe 1999. Almost every other team in the NFL save a few like Houston, Cleveland, and New Orleans (there a few more) have made the playoffs since the Bills last did. If the Bills keep playing well and knock off some good teams like maybe Chicago or Indianapolis or NE, we'll get some. Getting in the playoffs and making some noise would do it. Goin 5-11 and then being 2-2 in the parity era, don't earn it.

Bullsh.. Earn Respect my arse. When you write an article about rookie safeties in the league and don't mention the NFL Rookie of the Month... who just happens to be a safety! well... either he's an idiot or something else. In my opinion, the article and writer looses all credibilty and points to a glaring lack of editorial effort.