What would possibly entice a fane to leave early?

MDyl7993

Ralph Wilson Stadium is the worst place to leave after the game is over, its like theres one exit to leave out of, small town also of Orchard park......traffic does suck around the stadium after the game

not even close. Go to new england - they have 1 road out. The ralph is lucky enough to be surrounded by major roads going in many directions.

"Fabricated Sell-Outs"

don't mind thesir, last week he guaranteed us that the game wouldn't be on tv and then said because he could still buy some tickets on the bills website it wasn't a real sellout.

B-)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't mind thesir, last week he guaranteed us that the game wouldn't be on tv and then said because he could still buy some tickets on the bills website it wasn't a real sellout.

:D

792823[/snapback]

I don't think I made any such guarantee. I merely stated last week that even when I tried to look for tix, there were many available and the game had not been announced as a sell out. Knowing I could not attend the game in person, I was disappointed that the game appeared as though it would not be televised.

Someone in that thread kept trying to tell me that the tix I was pulling up on line would fail if I tried to buy them, but I have tried to buy tickets to games in the past and was simply told no tickets matched my request, I wasn't offered a block of tickets only to have them pulled back when I tried to pay.

I watched from the stands in week 3 as tens of THOUSANDS of fans left the game with over 6 minutes left and heard from a friend at the game yesterday that a smaller yet noticible exodus began mid fourth quarter yesterday as well.

If the new trend is to leave the game early... I think it says a lot about the type of "fans" that now attend games. Rubeo, not you, when the kids gotta go, YOU gotta go B-)

I in no way claimed that the games did not actually sell out, but rather that the hue and cry that we have such great fans as evidenced by the fact we have sold out 17 of the last 18 or whatever is a fabrication.

Fans being so into the team that every seat is sold is different than every seat being sold because the owner bought them and gave them to military families.

A sell out is a sell out from the financial point of view, but a sell out as an evidence of "great fans" is a different story.

And the whole economy argument to me is bull sh--. Its about choices of what to do with your money. A Bills game is not so expensive that most people can't afford it, many just choose different things to do. The "real fan" base is not as deep as it once was and that's all I was trying to say.

792819[/snapback]

You are 100% correct in everything that you just said. While we might be one of the smallest markets in the league, we also have the lowest ticket prices. I will start by saying that I am not a seaosn ticket holder, but I do attend about 2 games per year.

I am probably going to get blasted on this but here goes.

The majority of our sellouts aren't even to Bills Fans. Attending a Patriots, Jets, Browns, or Steelers game is misleading, since their fans out number Bills fans in many of the sections.

The Gameday experience at Ralph Wilson Stadium is horrible. The traffic is terrible getting in and it is terrible getting out. The Jumbotron is pathetic so trying to watch a replay is torture, especially if you have to turn around 180 degrees to watch it because there is only one. Worst of all, going to the bathroom. If you go in between any quarter or halftime you are guaranteed to miss at least half of the upcoming quarter.

I am much happier having the same group of friends over every week and wtaching it in HD at my house.

oh I thought you were talking about the beginning of yesterdays game..a TON oe people got in late due to gate 9 being closed for the Clintons...

792810[/snapback]

I got in 5 minutes into the 1st quarter. I have never seen the gates that backed up before.

As far as 20,000 empty seats at the end of the game, that is just wrong. The house was packed until the end. I dont know where some people get their information from.

I consider myself die hard, and I've left both games early this year.  I left after the Jets scored with 3 minutes left to go up 28-13.  That was for two reasons- 1) The Bills needed 15 points in 3 minutes to tie, and they had scored only 13 in the first 57 minutes.  2) I was sitting with four friends, three of whom were Jets fans, and I wanted them to shut up, so we left.  Don't worry, I was in the Big Tree to watch the final TD and drive.

I left early yesterday because the game ran long and I promised my grandmother I'd drive up to Lewiston to cut down some trees in her yard.  I didn't want to get stuck in traffic so I bolted when the Bills punted up 17-6 with three minutes left.  I did not want to operate the chainsaw in the dark.

I whole-heartedly apologize if their loss to the Jets or the close finish against the Vikes was my fault.  B-)

By the way, those of you with tix to last season's games, how did you NOT leave early???

792782[/snapback]

Translation:

Needed a drink that bad when there a chance for comback

Grandma said I was only allowed at the house that evening

No one needs fans at the end of the game

Real fans support their team win or lose

You are 100% correct in everything that you just said. While we might be one of the smallest markets in the league, we also have the lowest ticket prices. I will start by saying that I am not a seaosn ticket holder, but I do attend about 2 games per year.

I am probably going to get blasted on this but here goes.

The majority of our sellouts aren't even to Bills Fans. Attending a Patriots, Jets, Browns, or Steelers game is misleading, since their fans out number Bills fans in many of the sections.

The Gameday experience at Ralph Wilson Stadium is horrible. The traffic is terrible getting in and it is terrible getting out. The Jumbotron is pathetic so trying to watch a replay is torture, especially if you have to turn around 180 degrees to watch it because there is only one. Worst of all, going to the bathroom. If you go in between any quarter or halftime you are guaranteed to miss at least half of the upcoming quarter.

I am much happier having the same group of friends over every week and wtaching it in HD at my house.

792833[/snapback]

Im a season ticket holder. Park in lot 5 & live in Lancaster. Now me & my friends do go up to the game early(8am) so traffic is never a problem getting there. It takes 10 minutes to get into the parking lot from where I live. Getting out of the stadium is even easier. I never understand when people say it is impossible to get out of the stadium. Not from lot 5 it is not. We are usually home by 4:30. I cant speak for the other lots or other routes but we just take southwestern all the way home & never run into any traffic jams.

As far as having more fans of the visiting team then bills fan come on, that is exaggerating. There are 50,000 season ticket holders, right there that accounts for 70% of the stadium. It maybe more then in other cities(for opposing fans) but the ralph is still mostly comprised of bills fan except for the steeler game 2 years ago. That was ridiculous.

Im a season ticket holder.  Park in lot 5 & live in Lancaster.  Now me & my friends do go up to the game early(8am) so traffic is never a problem getting there.  It takes 10 minutes to get into the parking lot from where I live.  Getting out of the stadium is even easier.  I never understand when people say it is impossible to get out of the stadium.  Not from lot 5 it is not.  We are usually home by 4:30.  I cant speak for the other lots or other routes but we just take southwestern all the way home & never run into any traffic jams.

As far as having more fans of the visiting team then bills fan come on, that is exaggerating.  There are 50,000 season ticket holders, right there that accounts for 70% of the stadium.  It maybe more then in other cities(for opposing fans) but the ralph is still mostly comprised of bills fan except for the steeler game 2 years ago.  That was ridiculous.

792844[/snapback]

I live in Rochester, so it is a little different for me. I am not familiar with any of the back ways. We take the expressway all the way to Route 90. If the game us over by 4:00, we will not get home until between 7:00 or 7:30.

I didn't say that visiting teams had more fans than Bills fans, but it is not uncommon for there to be between 10,000 and 15,000 Patriots or Jets fans at our home games, and many of them outnumber Bills fans in certain sections. That is all that I was implying.

I live in Rochester, so it is a little different for me. I am not familiar with any of the back ways. We take the expressway all the way to Route 90. If the game us over by 4:00, we will not get home until between 7:00 or 7:30.

I didn't say that visiting teams had more fans than Bills fans, but it is not uncommon for there to be between 10,000 and 15,000 Patriots or Jets fans at our home games, and many of them outnumber Bills fans in certain sections. That is all that I was implying.

792848[/snapback]

If you dont like it, then why dont you just go buy season tickets to the Rhinos & save yourself the aggravation.

A sell out is a sell out from the financial point of view, but a sell out as an evidence of "great fans" is a different story.

And the whole economy argument to me is bull sh--. Its about choices of what to do with your money. A Bills game is not so expensive that most people can't afford it, many just choose different things to do. The "real fan" base is not as deep as it once was and that's all I was trying to say.

792819[/snapback]

I don't know. I am not rich, but also I am not poor.

Week three, I spent $200 on four tickets/tailgate, $40 on shirts, $45 on parking, probably $50-$60 on food and drink (the girls bought me a light supper - another $50). Oh, and add in gas and tolls. (about $425)

Considering this was from Saturday afternoon to Sunday night it was a great deal.

Yesterday I spent $150 on three tickets, $15 on parking, we brought all our own food, gas and tolls. ($190 not counting food and drink we brought with us)

$615 for two games?

Forget the TSW tailgate. It is still at least $200-$250 a game for three people.

Season ticket holders who go to every game, what do you spend?

I think economics is a big factor - but what do I know? :DB-)

Seeya in December! ;)

If you dont like it, then why dont you just go buy season tickets to the Rhinos & save yourself the aggravation.

792854[/snapback]

This is the kind of asshat response to a discussion that I believe creates evidence of that fact that the fan of today is not what it used to be.

The fact is that there are often many visiting fans at the stadium because tickets can be bought, unlike in their team's home stadiums. Buffalo makes for a good road trip for many of them if they want to see their team play live at all during the season.

However pointing that fact out results in the ridiculous "if you don't like it don't show up response". B-)

792854[/snapback]

That is a dumb statement. Because I choose to watch the games at home with my buddies doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

I would rather have you come over here and stomp on my junk than go to a Rhinos game.

I don't know. I am not rich, but also I am not poor.

Week three, I spent $200 on four tickets/tailgate, $40 on shirts, $45 on parking, probably $50-$60 on food and drink (the girls bought me a light supper - another $50). Oh, and add in gas and tolls.  (about $425)

Considering this was from Saturday afternoon to Sunday night it was a great deal.

Yesterday I spent $150 on three tickets, $15 on parking, we brought all our own food, gas and tolls. ($190 not counting food and drink we brought with us)

$615 for two games?

Forget the TSW tailgate. It is still at least $200-$250 a game for three people.

Season ticket holders who go to every game, what do you spend?

I think economics is a big factor - but what do I know?  :D  B-)

Seeya in December!  ;)

792860[/snapback]

Rock,

You have to travel quite a ways, but I think you would agree for a local, if you didn't indudge in the beer and such you could get away with a couple of people going for $110 or so and that's for 2 people. So for two friends to go, they are looking (again on the only the game plan + parking) at $55 bucks a piece.

If anyone responds "what's the game without beer?" then again there is more evidence that that fan is less a Bills fan and more a party at the game fan (which often leads to leaving early as this thread started).

This is the kind of asshat response to a discussion that I believe creates evidence of that fact that the fan of today is not what it used to be.

The fact is that there are often many visiting fans at the stadium because tickets can be bought, unlike in their team's home stadiums. Buffalo makes for a good road trip for many of them if they want to see their team play live at all during the season.

However pointing that fact out results in the ridiculous "if you don't like it don't show up response". B-)

792862[/snapback]

He just went on & on about how the gameday experience is horrible. Why would he subject himself to that aggravation?

From my experience, gameday at the Ralph is awesome. But what do I know, I have just been going to the games for the last 13 years.

He just went on & on about how the gameday experience is horrible.  Why would he subject himself to that aggravation?

From my experience, gameday at the Ralph is awesome.  But what do I know, I have just been going to the games for the last 13 years.

792877[/snapback]

...and despite this fact, I still manage to attend two games per year. I pointed out specific things that I did not like about the Gameday experience, but the only thing that you managed to rebute was the traffic, and apparently you have a magical way out of the stadium that I don't know about.

Somehow I guess that all lead you to believe that I am a Rhinos fan.

Ralph Wilson Stadium is the worst place to leave after the game is over, its like theres one exit to leave out of, small town also of Orchard park......traffic does suck around the stadium after the game

792807[/snapback]

No it isn't. Go to Candlestick sometime. The Ralph is like a paradise to get out of compared to that hovel.

792848[/snapback]

After 19 years of driving from Rochester to every game I've got everything pretty much figured out. I'm almost always home by 6PM. My wife is throwing in a wrinkle by insisting that my son go to church at 9 on Sunday mornings, but even then we got to our parking spot at noon yesterday. Actually traffic was nearly non-existant both ways yesterday. PM me if you're interested in some gameday travel secrets (worth big $ 0:) )

Rock,

You have to travel quite a ways, but I think you would agree for a local, if you didn't indudge in the beer and such you could get away with a couple of people going for $110 or so and that's for 2 people. So for two friends to go, they are looking (again on the only the game plan + parking) at $55 bucks a piece.

If anyone responds "what's the game without beer?" then again there is more evidence that that fan is less a Bills fan and more a party at the game fan (which often leads to leaving early as this thread started).

792873[/snapback]

It's still $50 a seat - $100 a game plus $15 parking for two people.

When the kids were younger and all living home that was six people. Who stays home? :D

That would also mean not having Sunday with the wife and other three kids (wife is not a big football fan, but likes the game experience).

Just trying to point out that money IS an issue for many, not all, in a small market.

Are there enough "locals" to sell the games out?

I only travel about 80 miles, door to Ralph, so it is not a big deal.

p.s. we did not leave early. 0:)

As far as 20,000 empty seats at the end of the game, that is just wrong.  The house was packed until the end.  I dont know where some people get their information from.

792835[/snapback]

Packed? I do not think so. I was driving back to Virginia with a friend who needed to work Friday at 7 AM so we left with 6:30 on the clock, Bills taking a timeout trying to work the clock and score of MIN 6 BUF 17 and a number of people had left already. As it is we did not get back until shortly before midnight. I have also had to leave early in the past to catch a flight.

I'd love to have stayed but I couldn't and I understand why others need to leave early occasionally - if some do not then they should consider offering to pay others for time off work, higher plane costs, etc.

792807[/snapback]

I can think of 6 or 7 different exits without trying too hard. Traffic sucks after the game? Did you consider that there are 50,000 cars all trying to do the same thing at the same time???